iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I did something real smart this time.

Started by Tom, June 18, 2002, 06:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I went for new glasses last week and got an eye examination.  At 60 I wasn't expecting my prescription to change, but it did.  My new glasses aren't as strong and, boy, are my eyes more comfortable.

Well, that's not what I'm bragging about.  

When I got my exam, I told the Doctor how much time I was spending at the computer monitor and how much my eyes hurt.  He suggested that I get a pair of glasses specifically for the computer.  I did.  They focus at about a full arms length and everything is in focus from about 18" to three feet.  While inside or outside of this range I can't focus too good,  the image is much sharper than no glasses.  I can see faces and expressions that I couldn't see before.  

Now I am sitting at the monitor, leaning back in my chair and can very comfortably read everything on the screen.  It's one of the best things I ever did.

If you wear glasses and have trouble seeing the monitor, get some glasses to use just when "computering"

Mine are not bifocals or tinted or anything special and are mounted in inexpensive plastic frames.  What a deal.  I wish I had done this years ago.

Gordon

Glad to see that you can now see again Tom. ;D

A quick story about a man I work with. Your story of the correct glasses made me think of it. This man is a workin somebody. Had been an officer before coming to maintenance also farmed part-time and had two chicken houses. He was doing all this at one time. But had one major problem his feet were always hurting. But just always put up with it.

He was getting some new shoes and the clerk said that they looked small for him. But he replied that this was the size that he had worn for years. To settle the arguement that was starting between the clerk and John he agreed to have the manager measure his feet.(this is a true story his wife told me this after he had told me the story and I didn't believe it)

So the manager measures his feet and sure enough he was wearing shoes that were too small for his feet for years. He put on the larger shoe and felt instant relief. He tells the story with pride of now he has no foot pain anymore just from the correct size shoes.

Gordon

Bibbyman

I too have two pair of glasses.  One stays on my desk at work and they are specially fitted for work on my PC.  I can function just fine with them around the office – like going to the bathroom, etc.  I just can't read a blackboard from 40 feet.  They are clear with an anti-glare coating on them.  Helps with the monitor.  The eye doctor spent a lot of time with me getting them specked just right for that use.   :o

The other pair is set up for my other life on the farm.  Can't see much out to arm's length but from there on they are excellent.  Photo gray for the sun and all.  Anti-glare also helped with my night driving.  When I've got to see any detail up close,  I just take them off.  Only problem is,  I forget where I put them.  Or I can't see them until I'm within range. ::)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

DanG

Being just a youngster, I stil get away with using the drugstore magnifier specs. I have numerous pairs, one in each truck, a couple around the house, and a couple in the office.  I use the little half lenses that I can look over, since I don't need any help over about 3 feet away....YET.  I have a stronger, full sized pair in the office for wiring circuits in low light or odd positions.  My favorite pair is the bifocal sunglasses I keep in the Company van. They are darker at the top, tapering to clear at the bottom, where the magnifier part is. They are perfect for working in the field, where I have to see close-up and far away, and have lots of glare.
It ain't gonna be long before I have to go to a pro, and start shucking a buncha bucks for some real peepers, though.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

woodman

About a year ago I got the tris the middle lens is good for about 2 feet to 4 feet just write to read the forestryforum.
Jim Cripanuk

RavioliKid

I've been wearing glasses since I was 8 - moved to bifocals about 5 years ago.

My last pair of glasses came with a pair of clip-on sunglasses made to fit exactly. I love them!

RavioliKid

CHARLIE

I hate glasses!  They're always dirty!  They always get scratched!  They hurt my ears! They slide down my nose! When I bend over, if they don't fall off, sweat drips into the lenses!  I can't see good with them and I can't see good without them! They're expensive too!  I'm chicken to try any eye surgery though. So, I'll just continue to complain about having to wear glasses. Oh, I almost forgot....I hate glasses! ??? ??? ???    
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Jeff

I say the same thing, but my arms seem to be getting shorter when I try to read stuff so I am sure I will eventually have to keep the dang things wif me all the time. I still have perfect deer hunting vision though!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bro. Noble

Jeff,

I don't see good

I don't hear good

My wife says I sometimes don't smell good

But,  I'll sure look good when I get my cap!  Am I gettin pretty close now?
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Jeff

Cap? Close? Man, you aint even edited your profile :D  When I see your posts I associate you with a question mark. :D

Bro. Noble

Hey how's this?

I couldn't figure out how to write some smart remark under my picture.  (how did you get my picture anyway) but got to thinking.  I need to edit my profile is about as good as anything I could think of anyway.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Jeff

Cool. I'll get out my washburn and play along.

To edit that text. its the "personal text" box.

Thank You Sponsors!