Sponsors:

Mark M what is this

Started by wiam, April 21, 2005, 10:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wiam

And can you get me one?

Will

UNCLEBUCK

I am totally unqualified to answer but I will guess and say its part of a governor counterweight . :-\
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

wiam

chet

I'm guessin' part of a hydrolic relief valve.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

wiam

Kirk_Allen

Well it appears to have a flat head screwdriver slot and since the head is so big I would say its some type of cap screw.  Not sure what to but thats my guess. 

Corley5

Looks like one a dem dar dohickey thing a majobs to me.  Bet it's pretty important too ;)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

pigman

I think Corley 5 is right. It is a dohicky off of a Caterpillar.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Kirk_Allen

Looks similar to a Ruger Scope Ring screw. 

UNCLEBUCK

Mark M will know , he is a caterpillar doctor/chemist but before Mark M gets here I am going to change my answer and say its a Caterpillar scope ring screw !  ;D good luck wiam
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

DanG

I always wondered how a feller would go about aiming one of them things. ??? :P
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

wiam

I really do not know if Mark M has seen one of these, but yes it is off from an old D 2.  It is hard to see in the picture but yes there is a screwdriver slot in it.  There are7/16 fine threads around the slot.  And yes I do know where it goes but one was missing. :(

Will

Buzz-sawyer

I wouild say thats part of a magneto. :)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Mark M

Do you have a little sharper picture Wiam? I can't quite make out what it is, how long is it?

Give me a few more clues. It isn't a tappit adjuster is it?

wiam

Mark,  that is the best of the pictures. :-\   The  overall length is 5/8".  "Behind the motor."

Will

Mark M

Well I was thinking a grapple tube fister mount but I just can't see the detail. :'(

wiam

Mark,  do you remember what a pony motor was?

Will

Mark M

Sure do, I even fixed a few but not a D2, mostly the bigger ones ones with the engine on the side.

wiam

Mark,  please excuse part names. :D  These hold the spring in the rear of the shaft which keeps the pony transmission engaged with flywheel.  Clear as mud. ::)  The one we have(and the spring), I found in the bottom of the case under the clutch, with a magnet.  I think the other one has to be in there somewhere.

Is this worse than no clue????

Will

Patty

Hey Mark! Sorry to change the subject here, (not really ;D) but I am still waiting for the CAT parts. Every day UPS shows up, and I go running out thinking for sure that he must be bringing some parts, but everyday I am disappointed.  :'(      You must be saving them all for the piggy roast, eh?!  ;)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Thank You Sponsors!