iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Family addition!

Started by Kirk_Allen, April 21, 2005, 08:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirk_Allen

These are the 5 most recent additions to the Allen family ;D

New Years, Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas and LOG GOOSE! 

I am going to turn one of these geese into a pet and designate him my Log Goose!  I am going to train him to stand up on the logs and or the mill and be my official maskot ;D

Randy

Kirk I think I got their daddy. Randy

tnlogger

Kirk ya know they'll all end up as mascots  :D :D :D :D
gene

isawlogs

A couple of ten years ago my grand father got himself a yard goose ... the thing would follow grandpa every where , it would go with him and be write at his side wile he would do the chores ...  After he got this thing we could not approach my grand father outside, that goose would take after us and hiss and try to pry a peice outa you ....  :o  being my grandpas goose and all we could not retalliate   ( read ring its neck  :-\  )   That goose made quite a good gard also he would honk until some one came out of the house if anything came close to the buildings ...   
My grandma got tired of the honking and had him on a plater for chrismas ...  Best dinner I had for a long time ...   ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

UNCLEBUCK

Congrats Kirk ! Dont worry just start making peeping sounds and your 5 new buddies will be right behind you and follow you everywhere.  ;D
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Kirk_Allen

I have a gut feeling that they are rapidly becoming my wifes new pets :o 

BW_Williams

We used to have guard geese.  Had to get rid of them as the UPS guy wouldn't even get out of his truck, and we fenced the porch due to the amount of crap they liked to put right in front of the door, but they sure ate alota bugs.
Support your local Volunteer Fire Dept.  (not by accident)
Support your local Ski Patrol (by snowboarding:)
Mayor of Millerdale, Washington, USA (by God)!

Norm

I remember the first time we got some gooslings, the neighbor came over looked at em and said "ya know they can put a herd of cattle to shame in the manure department".

My guess is he was thinking of a big herd of cattle. ;D

etat

I had me some a them guard geese one time. :)  And thinking Norm's neighbor was right.  Not only do they dump lots and lots a manure, when they start shedding they dump lots and lots of feathers too!
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Mrs._Stump_Jumper

Geese don't like me so we don't do geese. :'( :'(  From the time i was little them things always came after me.  Now my brother-in-law has some and they hisss at me every time I get near the pen.  You guys can keep your geese I will deal with turkeys, chickens and pigs and maybe even a cow. :D :D :D
Delcy - Morley, MI
'07 F350 Dually, Diesel, Flatbed
3 Lovely Children Jonathon, Monica, and (Jeff)
2 Brittany Spaniels:  Buddy and Pumpkin Pie

Kirk_Allen

Just this morning my wife asked what other livestock we need?  NEED?  I dont NEED any more right now.  Cant keep up with what I have as it is. :D

Mrs._Stump_Jumper

FARMER KIRK 8)

But Kirk you live on a farm you NEED more animals.  I side with your wife.  You NEED a cow to milk.  You NEED a pig for BACON and HAM  You NEED a horse to pull your plow.  I can think of many others. :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D
Delcy - Morley, MI
'07 F350 Dually, Diesel, Flatbed
3 Lovely Children Jonathon, Monica, and (Jeff)
2 Brittany Spaniels:  Buddy and Pumpkin Pie

etat

Rabbits are nice to have around.  I had a bunch of em running loose around here one time.  I finally lost interest cause my wife wouldn't let me eat none of em.  Said they were hers, and they weren't eating rabbits.   Great big rabbits, sure did look like they 'might' be good eating.  I don't know, never tasted a one of em.  Dang wife wouldn't let me!
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Kirk_Allen

NO DAIRY COWS!  WAY TO MUCH WORK!

NO PIGS!  Bad memories from childhood.  If I get up enough nerve I will share the story ;D

She has mentioned wanting rabbits.  I told her if she wants rabbits to eat I can go shoot them.  We have hundreds and hundreds around here and they fun to hint.  Her response: "I dont want to eat them, I want to have them to cuddle with.  There so soft" :)

So Charles, I can relate!  I dont need pets, I need meals :D

MULE_MAN

But there's another way to look at that Kirk,  If the Wife happy she might
make you a meal. Might even get some dessert  ;D
Go buy her a $5.00 rabbit & everybody will be Happy   :D  :D  :D  ;D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

Norm

Kirk, domestic rabbit if you've never had it taste different than the wild ones, very tasty. Patty's sister used to raise em and would give us a dressed one every so often. When we moved to the country I had visions of raising some for the freezer. We lo and behold the first litter came and they were the cutest little things you ever saw.

I can butcher anything except little bunnies.  :D

Timber_Framer

QuoteI have a gut feeling that they are rapidly becoming my wifes new pets
If you don't do something soon they'll be hers for good. I learned last year with my first flock of chickens that young birds "imprint" (think you're thier mother) on someone or something within the first few days of hatching.
So being new to chickens I was constantly checking on their light, heat, water and food levels so the entire flock ment for my wife and daughter became mine ::) My little girl can be throwing them scratch grains and if I walk into the yard they abandon her in a second!
So watch out, you may lose your gaurd goose to your Mrs. :o
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

etat

I highly do no recommend making a pet outta them gooses.  Especially if you gonna be letting em run loose. Them critters can get pretty annoying they can.  Especially if they get to hanging out around yer house.  Once they do that you can't hardly break em of it, and you definitely have to watch where you step.  Pretty much the reason we got rid of ours.

UNCLEBUCK

By the size of that fryin pan that Norm is hangin onto in his picture and that big stove behind him I believe that is the look of a master chef/butcher !   smiley_smash
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Patty

Yep Buck, no animal is safe when Norm is in the mood to cook.  :) Why just this morning he went tearing out of here guns a blazin'. I had to laugh, the neighbors down the road must have got a rude awakening at 6:00 this morning!  :D
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Norm

Hey wait a minute.....this darn blue heron was back on the pond eating my fish!

Only thing handy to warn him this was not appropriate was my H&K 94! ;D

Thank You Sponsors!