iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Drag Your Mill to NJ, I Got Logs and Cash!

Started by Dangerous_Dan, April 19, 2005, 07:02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dangerous_Dan

Word spreads quickly when you get a mill.  A local guy heard that I had a mill and wants me to mill up some oak for him into beams and 2x material for a barn he wants to build. I told him I could only cut upto 13 feet long and I wanted $60. an hour + $10 whenever we hit some metal. "OK when can you start?" He also wants to cut some 20 foot beams which I cannot do. He can't wait for me to start but I'm swamped with work since spring has hit. I also have a log pile that is getting bigger every day. I just took down several Tulip Poplars in the 20 to 30 inch range that can be cut up too.
I NEED HELP!!
If you can drag your mill up here, decide on some terms so both of us can make some $$ and get some nice boards out of my log pile.
I have a large site to work at with plenty of equiptment to move logs and a metal detector. I can also provide 3 phase power from a generator but it eats fuel.
When can you start?
First you make it work, then you trick it out!

Kirk_Allen

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I know your pain :D :D

Welcome to the world of sawmill ownship.  If I was closer........................I still couldnt help out but wish I could.  To much wood to cut and not enough hours in the day.

I have more logs to cut right now than I can even imagine.  I dont know when I am ever going to get done.  Everytime I clear a line of logs it seems like one of the locals call and has more free logs to fill the empty space I just created. 

I have been putting off ALL of my Northern Illinois customers except two, who I promised I would cut for this last time.  I am going to focus this summer on getting cut what I OWN so that I can get this place organized..................yeh right, that will ever happen ;D

Captain

I've got a bit of work to do too....

All along the driveway, pine, oak and cedar as far as you can see.....and 2 more house lots to clear PLUS a solar kiln to get finished.

Time to place an advertisement in the local paper to generate some lumber sales :)

RacinRex

Where are you at in NJ? Only problem being I don't have the ability to cut 20'  :-[

I'm midstate on the NY/PA border, working in Sayre, PA during the day and residing in Odessa, NY the rest of the time.
81 Massey Ferguson 275 W/ loader
Stihl 046
Simplicity Bandmill
04 Dodge 2500 4x4 Quad Cab CTD
A whole shop full of wood working tools
and this is my hobby :)

Thank You Sponsors!