iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

T & G flooring profiles

Started by sawmillsi, April 12, 2005, 06:24:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawmillsi

Hi guys,

just wondering if anyone has any good links for t & g profiles.

Si

beenthere

Are you interested in 'standard' profiles, or just different profiles?

I think there are 'standard' profiles in some of the softwood grading books, and the SPIB (southern pine inspection bureau) comes to mind.

Maybe something would come up on their web site.   
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

sawmillsi

Thanks beenthere

i am looking for standard, secret nailing and any other  flooring profiles

the mob u spoke of, where are they?

beenthere

:D
I found some standard profiles in the SPIB rule book, but I could not find the same on their web site (only that the book can be purchased). SPIB is a grading agency (they are 'private', not public in the US) specifically for the southern pine industry who are members.  "Mob" is a clever description, but not quite on target for a definition.  :D

I'll poke around some more to see if such standard profiles are available on the web from a different source.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

MemphisLogger

Sawmills,

I use this one for short runs on the router . . . http://www.woodline.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=556

I like it because it cuts a round tongue that's a wee short for easy fitting as well as a nail groove.
Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

Don P

Here's a mob pattern chart  :D kinda non-existant on flooring tho'
http://nelma.org/patterns.asp

WWPA used to have good pattern charts online, they are password protected now, I didn't get one when I requested a password tho' it was about a year ago and I forgot about it.  Smells like a mob coverup   ;D

Thank You Sponsors!