iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Walking on hallowed turf

Started by DanG, April 11, 2005, 08:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Fla._Deadheader

Bout DanG time ya checked in.  ;D ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

sprucebunny

Welcome back...hope you had a great time ;D

Who's them little guys diving into the bowl of grits ???  That kinda makes you think twice about eaten a big bowl full :D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

etat

Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Minnesota_boy

Welcome back Dang.  Didja shake Tiger's hand or just give him a "high five"?  8)
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

Corley5

Welcome home 8) 8) 8)  I watched bits and pieces of the Masters but never saw ya
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

DanG

Well, I was there, and now I'm here.  It sure is good to be home. I had 7 straight 16 hour work days, and I'm plumb tuckered out.  I'll post some pics of things you won't see on TV tomorrow.  Right now, though, I'm gonna get a close look at the backside of my eyelids.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Haytrader

Did they feed ya well DanG?
Did ya get to see the "Green Jacket ceremony"?
Did you meet any of the players, specially Tiger?
Inquireing minds want to know.

:)
Haytrader

Jeff

Quote from: sprucebunny on April 11, 2005, 08:34:08 PM
Who's them little guys diving into the bowl of grits ???  That kinda makes you think twice about eaten a big bowl full :D

Their not diving in, they're desperate to find a way out!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

tnlogger

welcome home DanG[/color]

glad to see ya back been a little slow here with out ya  :D what with charles talking to him self and fuby
feeling lonley  ;D
gene

Paschale

Quote from: Jeff B on April 11, 2005, 09:12:22 PM
Quote from: sprucebunny on April 11, 2005, 08:34:08 PM

Their not diving in, they're desperate to find a way out!

That's exactly right.  If you look at the trajectory of them little fellers, they're jumping away from the bowl, and are just about to disappear off the side of the rim, and into freedom.  Can't blame the little buggers...   ;)

Welcome back, DanG!
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

flatsawyer

Or maybe the little fellers are commiting suicide.

DanG

Well, I feel more like I do now, than I did last night. ;)  I had arrived home with a bad case of "Blood Shock."  I had entirely too much blood in my alcohol system! ::)  A minor adjustment in that, and a good night's sleep has worked wonders! 8) 8)

We had a great tournament in spite of some crappy weather for two days.  I didn't talk to any of the players, though I have chatted with a few, over the years.  I did see most of them, though.  It was especially nice to see Nicklaus, since he wasn't expected to play.  He recently lost a grandchild to a tragic drowning accident at his home.  I don't see how he kept his composure, with the constant outpouring of love and appreciation from the crowd.  He was appauded with every step he took.  A fine and brave man is he!

I am priviledged to have access to most of the facilities there, during tournament week.  Here's one of the places I don't get to go.

This is the Chairman's cabin.  There are several of these "cabins" overlooking the little par 3 course that was built for Dwight Eisenhower.

Roxie

Welcome home, DanG, we missed ya!!  The grits sign is really neat!   :)
Say when

etat

Yeah, and I just wanted to add I did my best to hold down the fort and take up fer ya while you was gone! ;D ;D ;D
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Furby

:D :D :D :D :D
Yeah, ok CK!  ;D

TN_man

I looked for you in the crowd. I miised you though. I did get to see those two guys going crazy when Tiger made that putt. That was quite funny. :D
WM LT-20 solar-kiln Case 885 4x4 w/ front end loader  80 acre farm  little time or money

DanG

Ya ain't likely to see me in the crowd.  There are dozens of vehicles and carts on the course at all times, but you never see them on tv.

Sunrise at Amen Corner, before they let the hordes in.  The camera towers and scoreboard will be removed, if they haven't been already. Within a couple of weeks you won't be able to tell that all this went on.  The grounds crew at Augusta National is the best anywhere.

asy

GREAT photo DanG!

Very nice.

Where are more!?

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

DanG

This is on the little par 3 course, looking across Ike's Pond at the 9th green.  This pond and the course surrounding it were built at the behest of Gen. Eisenhower, before he became President.  On Wednesday, they play a little fun tournament here to get the players and crowds off the main course, so they can prepare it for the beginning of the tournament.  It is a heap of fun for everyone.  Long day for me, though.  This little piece of ground must surely be one of the prettiest places on this earth.

OneWithWood

That certainly is a pretty spot.

My backyard would look like that if I wasn't so DanG lazy :D :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

DanG

This is a shot of "Mamie's Cabin", where the Eisenhowers stayed while on the grounds.  The front porch was enclosed to accomodate the Secret Service people after Ike became President. 

The pic is a bit fuzzy, but I was standing on the other side of the golf course.

DanG

I have a few more pics I wanted to share...hope y'all don't mind. ::)

Tom, this one's for you.  Native azaleas at their finest.  The pic ain't that good, 'cause I had to take it from the truck window in the first light of dawn. Cameras ain't allowed on tournament days, and these didn't get pretty till the last day.

Fla._Deadheader

I's been wonderin whut took ya this long to post them pics ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

isawlogs

I sure like the looks of the color ..  Here everything is still yellowish-brown ... with some white  in the shade ....  but it is getting warmer ... We might hit 18C today ....

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!