iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kirks been whinin'

Started by chet, April 10, 2005, 08:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

Kirks been whinin' about spruce pitch lately.  :D  We got ta find dat boy some White Pine so he can really whine.  ;D

I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Kevin

Chet, what did you use to turn that puppy on the Norwood?

Kirk_Allen

:D  :D  Your going to get all sitcky and IM NOT, Na, Na, Na, Na, Na :D

chet

Quote from: Kevin on April 10, 2005, 09:03:41 PM
Chet, what did you use to turn that puppy on the Norwood?

I use a little 2000# winch. Gittin' um on da mill is easy, rollin' um over da first time can be a real bugger. Gotta get me one of dem A.S.S's from dem logrite folks.  :)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Captain

Yup, there's White pine pitch ALL OVER the Peterson after this weekend....

Captain

Stump Jumper

yea thats the problem i have to ,all over my log-rite tools, big puddles on the floor, resoled my boots about three times now think i am gettin' taller and it just jumps all over my kids . ::) ::) :D ;)
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Gary_C

Chet

You could always send those nice white pine logs to me so I could see what all the fuss is about.  ;D  ;D

I promise to not whine.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Gary
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Ron Wenrich

You ought to saw pitch pine.  Pockets of resin.  It was a lot worse than white pine.  You would hit pockets that were filled with sap. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

neslrite

Last year while sawing some white pine this time of year, my 9yr old son leaned on the end of a 12inch log with his brand new football sweatshirt.

He still has a perfect circle on his shirt :D
Kevin
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

Coon

Hey guys I have a trick that works AWESOME for getting pitch off of equipment and for getting it off of clothing.

Many people have tried different things to no avail but while I was working at a large sawmill in British Columbia one of my co-workers told me to use it and follow his exact procedure.

Go to your Refrigerator and grab either the margarine or the mayonaise.

Next get a fingernail scrub brush (preferably an old one or your wife will get mad)

Apply a liberal amount of either mayo or margarine onto the pitch you want removed.

Using your scrub brush, scrub the pitch until you see it is softening up and working loose, then apply another spoonful and work it in for another minute or two.

Next,   IMMEDIATELY THROW CLOTHING IN YOUR WASHING MACHINE AND WASH AS YOU NORMALLY WOULDand the same goes for your skin and or equipment.

DON"T MOCK IT TILL YOU TRY IT!!! smiley_whip ;D ;D :D ;) :)
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

RacinRex

really? That is one interesting procedure
I found isopropyl alcohol to be the most effective, we have 70% by the barrel here at my day job so I would just take a good bit and splash it on the pitch and give it a good scrub. Then throw it in the wash. Seems to work pretty well, I'd much rather saw the hardwoods.
81 Massey Ferguson 275 W/ loader
Stihl 046
Simplicity Bandmill
04 Dodge 2500 4x4 Quad Cab CTD
A whole shop full of wood working tools
and this is my hobby :)

ARKANSAWYER

Sometimes I get a little pitchy but try not to cry over it.  Alcohol will take it right off, just do not be standing near the burn barrel when you do it. :o

ARKANSAWYER

Buzz-sawyer

Is it just me.......or is that board puckering up for a big sticky/pine kiss??
I.E Looks like lips :D :D
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

ARKANSAWYER

Wanda kissed it alright.  That log slobbered all over her. :D :D
ARKANSAWYER

Doc

is it just the pic or is that board on top cut cattywompus?

Doc

asy

Quote from: Coon on April 11, 2005, 02:48:40 PM

Next,  IMMEDIATELY THROW CLOTHING IN YOUR WASHING MACHINE AND WASH AS YOU NORMALLY WOULDand the same goes for your skin and or equipment.

Um...  How do you get your skin into a washing machine?   ???

Is this another strange american thing???

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

ARKANSAWYER

Nope!  Just the way the angle of the camera was.   All boards come flat and straight off of Wanda.
ARKANSAWYER

Percy

Quote from: ARKANSAWYER on April 11, 2005, 05:06:46 PM
   Sometimes I get a little pitchy but try not to cry over it.  Alcohol will take it right off, just do not be standing near the burn barrel when you do it. :o

Holy Gorrilla-snot Batman!!!
I have never seen anything like that around here. That picture kiks the crap outta my BIG HUNK OF SPRUCE GUM story. Wonder why our trees don t do that?....uhhh meby not.
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

WeeksvilleWoodWorx

Quote from: asy on April 11, 2005, 06:00:47 PM
Quote from: Coon on April 11, 2005, 02:48:40 PM

Next,  IMMEDIATELY THROW CLOTHING IN YOUR WASHING MACHINE AND WASH AS YOU NORMALLY WOULDand the same goes for your skin and or equipment.

Um...  How do you get your skin into a washing machine?   ???

Is this another strange american thing???

Asy

Getting the skin in the.. maybe I'll fit. But the mill is definitely to big for the washer :D

Brian
Brian - 2004 LT40HDG28 owner.

asy

Quote from: WeeksvilleWoodWorx on April 13, 2005, 07:39:02 AM

Asy

Getting the skin in the.. maybe I'll fit. But the mill is definitely to big for the washer :D

Brian

But I gotta tellya, sometimes, I feel like pushing the kids in there when they come home from the creek after they've been 'mining clay'...

My son has the idea that if they mine enough clay then next year come cane toad tadpole season they can build a dam to catch all the cane toad tadpoles so they can kill them.

I don't have the heart to tell them that no matter how much they mine, the clay will be gone come next wet season when the creek floods over again...

Oh well, they are having fun. Have had to hose them off more than once before they're allowed in the house though.

Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Engineer

Y'all oughta just use Pine-Sol.   ::)

Works fine on my clothes and mill stuff.    Little bit of turps will take most of it out as well.

I gotta bunch of pine logs last fall that were dripping sap just like that one.   No biggie.  Easy to saw on the mill too - put plenty of dish soap in the water jug.

Thank You Sponsors!