iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need some info!

Started by old3dogg, April 10, 2005, 05:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

old3dogg

I bought a 1989 Nissan pickup. Never had one before.
Are they decent trucks? Also confused a little over the motor.I can find info on the 4 cyclinder and v-6. My new truck seems to have a straight 6 in it. Am I looking at it right?
Oh Yea. 1989 regular cab with 128000 miles. Just serviced with a new battery. 4 new tires, new brakes, oil change, and inspected until April of 2006. Paid $400.

Sprucegum

It is a 4, but you should be able to find 8 sparkplugs. Its one of those double overhead cam things.

Reliable little workhorses.

twoodward15

I was gonna say the same thing!!!
108 ARW   NKAWTG...N      Jersey Thunder

old3dogg

Thanks for the info.Its good to hear that I may have bought a good truck.
I did some searching on the net but couldnt come up with anything.
Thanks again for your help.
Mike.

rebocardo

Does not matter if it is good or not, you bought it for $400 and that is very good, especially if it is a standard! With new tires and brakes that is like getting it for free  8)

You will find it reliable, the thing to watch out for is breaking lamp$ since the body parts and steering stuff can get expensive if you do not have a local junkyard where you can pull your own parts.

old3dogg

Thanks rebocardo.
The problem around here with junk yards is that no one keeps anything over 10 years old.
I havent got the truck yet. Im waiting on the guy to get back from Jamacia to get the title transfered.
Already got 2 hauling jobs lined up. Amazing how fast everyone in the family finds out that you got a truck!

Thank You Sponsors!