iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Traveling to North Reading, MA

Started by Jason_WI, April 08, 2005, 02:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason_WI

I will be in North Reading, MA all of next week. I should have time after training to travel around the area. Is there anything close by that I should see. Any good resturants in the area.

Jason
Norwood LM2000, 20HP Honda, 3 bed extentions. Norwood Edgemate edger. Gehl 4835SXT

Tom

You gotta get a lobster just to say you did, Jason. ;D

I'll bet they don't effer a servfing of grits. :D

Can't wait to here the story of your trip. :)

Engineer

You ain't that far outta Boston.  Go into the city, set your sights on Quincy Market, check out Durgin Park and the Union Oyster House.   

There's just piles and piles of things to see and do in the greater Boston area.    I spent literally months in Boston as a tourist, while my brother lived there. 

Might be able to catch a ball game in Fenway if the WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS are in the house.

Outside Boston, there's the north shore - Gloucester area.  Whalers and fishing fleet.  Good food.

You could drive 45 minutes south and meet Captain. 

Not far from New Hamster, could get up to Hampton Beach and into Maine in less than an hour.

SwampDonkey

We used to travel to Exitor, NH from New Brunswick in 6 hours to father's uncle's camp. Then we'de go back up through the White Mountains. Those were the good 'ole days. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

beenthere

If you get into Boston, you might want to get to the USS Constitution. Interesting sight to see, and remarkable wood construction. Commissioned by Pres. Washington and built in about 18 months along with two others (in and of itself, remarkable, given the live oak hewn out to make a lot of the parts, and clad in 6" white oak).
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jason_WI

North Reading is pretty close to Boston. I am actually flying into Manchester, NH and then driving 45 miles to my hotel Sun night.

Jason
Norwood LM2000, 20HP Honda, 3 bed extentions. Norwood Edgemate edger. Gehl 4835SXT

Fraxinus

You are wise to fly into Manchester.  It's so much easier than Logan to get in and out of.  And very convenient for me as a resident of Cow Hampshah.
Opening day at Fenway is Monday.  Don't expect to be able to get tickets for that.  Virtually every game is sold out all season long.
Another suggestion to check out on Boston is Faneuil Hall.  If you want to come north to NH, this is about the slowest time of year for tourism and I'm sure any restaurant you stopped at would be grateful for the business.
Grandchildren, Bluegrass music, old tractors, trees and sawmills.  It don't get no better'n that!

sprucebunny

Portsmouth, NH is a nice city and last I knew had a small working waterfront with tugboats ;D
There was a great resteraunt there  called the Oar House but I haven't been there in 10 years , so... ???
There are a couple of Audobon parks around Ipswich and Topsfield Ma.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

neslrite

The New Engaland Aquarium isĀ  a favorite spot of ours and it is walking distance from Quincy Market.

The Sam Adams brewery might be interesting! smiley_beertoast

The LogRite world headquarters is always open to FF members, we are about 90 miles from Boston.
Kevin
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

woodmills1

make sure you wave as you drive by.  I am less than 20 min by backroads from manchester airport.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Rob

Same here swing by and say hi .. only 10 minutes from Manch-Vegas here .. in good ole' Derry , NH....theres plenty around NH ,and MA to see ..

Fraxinus

Rob, I was in Derry last week visiting a tree crew that was working for us reclearing our lines on English Range Road.  Too bad so many of the residents of your town don't seem to realize the need for what we are doing.  They must be newcomers from that other state to the south whose name we won't mention. ;)
Grandchildren, Bluegrass music, old tractors, trees and sawmills.  It don't get no better'n that!

woodman

Jason I live in the next town stop on by.
Jim Cripanuk

Thank You Sponsors!