iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

032 problems

Started by redpowerd, April 07, 2005, 10:21:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redpowerd

just finished putting a new chassis on my old 032, now it pulls HARD and will not start! i cant understand it, ran like a champ before i broke the handle, and when i replaced it, the old carb went back on along with all new hoses. it has been a year since it ran, just seems to have massive compression. ive been thru the recoil and nothing is binding there. you gotta have someone stand on the saw so you can pull it.
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

StihlDoc

Remove the spark plug and see if it pulls over easy. If it is still hard to pull with the plug removed, you have something assembled incorrectly that is causing a bind (e.g. clutch, sprocket, oil pump drive gear, ignition coil, flywheel, starter) or there is something wrong inside the engine. Hopefully nothing fell into the intake port while you had the carburetor removed.

redpowerd

spins over like a champ w/o plug

never touched the clutch, sproket, pump, coil, flywheel, and the starter was removed many time to find the bind but couldnt.
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

kenskip1

Here is a possibility,
           If you broke the handle you may have shortened the rope.If the rope is not wound all the way around the pulley. you are loosing the leverage. Sort of like trying to start out in 2nd gear. Next, Is the rope spool cracked? If so, the rope may be binding while under the stress of starting.If the spool is cracked it is allowing the rope to rewind horizontally instead of vertically.Hope this helps, Ken
Stihl The One
Stihl Going Strong
Stihl Looking For The Fountain of Middle Age

StihlDoc

Since it spins easily without the spark plug in place, it's possible that the engine is flooded. If the plug electrodes are wet, it is a good indication that the engine is flooded. Turn ignition switch to the off postion, remove spark plug and pull engine over quickly a few times to help purge any excess fuel out of the crankcase/combustion chamber. Insert spark plug and try to start. If engine is flooded do not use the choke. An good way to try and get a flooded engine started is to first remove the bar and chain, hold the machine solidly in place on the ground and have a buddy hold the throttle trigger in the wide open position while you briskly pull the starter until the engine is running. It may take quite a few pulls. If this doesn't work you will have to further troubleshoot what the problem is. From what you describe and with no other info available, my first suspicion is that you have a leaking inlet needle that is allowing too much fuel into the engine.

Thank You Sponsors!