iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

SAWLEX '05 featuring 2005 Shootout

Started by chet, December 31, 2004, 08:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

Sawmill, Woodlot and Logging Expo Midwest first annual, SAWLEX 2005, will take place June 3-4, 2005 at the Eastwood Expo Center  in Niles, Ohio.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

WV_hillbilly

I plan on attending . If anyone like to watch sprint cars on dirt there is a nice track not to far from this site  that runs on Sat nights .
Hillbilly

Tom_Averwater

I'll be there. I told my wife to put those dates in her palm pilot so she wouldn't schedule  anything for me. Ha Ha   Tom  8)
He who dies with the most toys wins .

Captain

Count me in, under the red Peterson tent.

Captain

WV_hillbilly

Captain are you going to bring the boys from down under with you ?  
Hillbilly

Captain

Probably, after all what is a shootout without Chris Browne??

Maybe I'll make him chase me in the 'shootout this year....

Captain

WV_hillbilly

I would have to agree  Captain.  Is he going to bring Kerris too ? I was reading a back issue of Sawmill and Woodlot  that had pics of the 99 shootout . She tailed for him  in that one I think .It  will be great to see you all again .
Hillbilly

Jeff

I'll be there. ;D  Somewhere. Gotta get Chet started thinkin this way pretty soon. Thats pretty early in the year for a Yooper, dey's gotta still shovel da truck out to get started south in early June.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

chet

I don't have ta think dat hard.  ;)  Da daughter-in-law and grand daughter are only an hour and a half away.  :)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Corley5

Might just have to make a trip to OH ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Wife

Hi Kerris here - sorry, took 7 years out to recover after that first shootout (was 3 months pregnant at the time with my girl). Gimme another 2 years and I might be able to tear my little boy off my apron strings - then I'll be back at the shootouts!
Kerris, in the background....
Petersons Global Sales Ltd
15c Hyland Cres
Rotorua, New Zealand
www.petersonsawmills.com
kbrowne@petersonsawmills.com
Ph +64 7 3480863

Ironwood

I will be there. I grew up not too far away and have family all around, Grampa is in a Alzhiemer home just up the road. CAN YOU GUYS SCHEDULE A MEETING SPOT LIKE YOU DID AT THE PAUL BUNYAN SHOW? I was too new and shy of all you logger types to meet you then, saw some of you with the Forum hats wondering around though. Thanks Reid ;D
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

gmmills

I know I'll be there. Probably both days. I am looking forward to it. I only live only 8 miles from there.  :)  Guys,  bring the wives and a fat wallet. The Expo Center is located at the Eastwood Mall complex. Many places for them to shop and keep them occupied while we shop for our new toys.   8)   There are two hotels within walking distance of the center Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn.  Go to  www.sawlex .com for a layout of the show.  Let me know if I can help with any more info. 
Custom sawing full-time since 2000. 
WM LT70D62 Remote with Accuset
Sawing since 1995

dutchman

Planning on a short trip up there for a day.Would like to say hell-o in person.

Jeff

I have to call and work out the details with Sam, but Tom Stout from Baker products has offered up a spot for us to bunch up. Maybe an awning and some chairs and banner or something.  :)

inspectorwoody

Would be interested in attending...Maybe looking for somebody from to ride over with and bunk up...share expseses etc.

Gadget

Sawing Logz

Count me in, can't wait to see the sawdust fly.  :o :D
City Forrest Treecycler

Captain

It is absolutely amazing how many people from this part of the country still think the shootout is in Bangor, ME this year. ::)

Captain

Wife

Chris here, ya bet that I will be at the shoot-out. I've only just got to understand the "American way" to cut lumber. ;D
I hope that you do make me move in the shoot-out there captain. Looking forward to the challenge...again. 8)
Cant wait to see you all again. Will Tom have a beer for us at his tent as well?
Chris
Kerris, in the background....
Petersons Global Sales Ltd
15c Hyland Cres
Rotorua, New Zealand
www.petersonsawmills.com
kbrowne@petersonsawmills.com
Ph +64 7 3480863

Stump Jumper

is there a place to camp some where neer by  ???
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Jeff

I think they have info on the website.

Stump Jumper

is there a link to there web site  ???
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Brad_S.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Bibbyman

DanG! and Double DanG!  >:(

Why do they have to have it some place so far away?  What's wrong with St. Louis, Kansas City, Nashville, Little Rock, Springfield Ill??
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Don_Lewis

The Sawmill Shootout will be at Youngstown Ohio in June 3-4. There will be a number of seminars that are worth checking out. I hope to see a lot of you there.

Don_Lewis

The first Sawlex show will be in Youngstown, Ohion, June 3-4. The Great Portable Sawmill Shootout will be held there. There are a lot of seminars that you might find of interest. Wengert is doing some and I am on drying systems. I look forward to seeing some of you in person. Maybe I'll regret that....

Brad_S.

QuoteMaybe I'll regret that....

:D :D :D

Quartlow

I'll be there. I'm guessing I have to be since I'm like the second closest to the it as near as I can figure.
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

OneWithWood

Reserved my room.  I will be there somewhere.  Don, I think I signed up for one of your seminars.  I will try to behave in your class.  smiley_dunce
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

EZ

DR_Buck

It's been on the calendar for the last 3 months.    Wife and I will be there!
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Brad_S.

I'm going to get an up close look at the Logosol PH260. Taking the check book with me. Could be dangerous. ;)

Stump Jumper

never been to one of thees shindigs, looks like the famly and i are going.  8)
Jeff
May God Bless.

Mrs._Stump_Jumper

Reservations are made at the Chestnut Ridge Campground.  Hope to be able to meet more Forum Members. 8) 8)

Delcy - Morley, MI
'07 F350 Dually, Diesel, Flatbed
3 Lovely Children Jonathon, Monica, and (Jeff)
2 Brittany Spaniels:  Buddy and Pumpkin Pie

hawby

The wife and I are gonna try to make it there too! (If'n I don't get arrested before I gets there... for all  the things I've said about bucketheads or deereyes or whatever they call themselves in Columbus)

Seeya all there! I'm bringin' the checkbook too. Don't tell the wife  :-X
Hawby

Missin' loggin', but luvin' the steady check...

DR_Buck

Don't forget to wear your "Forestry Forum"[/i] hat! ;D ;D
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

fstedy

I am planning on attending this show is anyone interested in a ride I will be traveling the PA Turnpike from NJ and would be glad to give anyone a ride out.
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

chet

I'd be glad to hook a ride wit ya.   8)   I'm in da upper peninsula of Michigan right on da Wisconsin border.    :)

Stump Jumper

Jeff
May God Bless.

Jeff

Don't let Chet pull yer leg, he's committed to a "nuptial party" or I would have him hitchin his wagon to our team.

Tammy has aquired the time off, so she and I (I and her?) ;)  ANYWAY, WE will be there.

hawby

So Jeff... will you bail me out if'n the boys in the smokey hats take me in? I just can't seem to remember the name of the town where  The Man told me to, "never come back, son."  :o  He had started the conversation with, "You got bail bond, son."  :-[

That was 25 years ago, so hopefully he retired.
Hawby

Jeff

What ever ya need of two choices Hawby,  :)  Yea, I KNOW THAT GUY!  OR>>> Never seen him in my life Ociffer  ;)

hawby

How much $$$ will it cost me to get the, "ya, I know him" answer?
Hawby

Jeff

Dontcha think that depends on the sitcheeation? Fer example, say, if yer standing in a line with 4 other fellas behind a pane of one-way glass...

Yes sire, its the 3rd guy from da right. I know that guy.

chet

Quote from: Jeff B on April 19, 2005, 08:01:10 PM
Don't let Chet pull yer leg, he's committed to a "nuptial party" or I would have him hitchin his wagon to our team.

Tammy has aquired the time off, so she and I (I and her?) ;) ANYWAY, WE will be there.

Hey, if I can find someone to sneek me otta here, I might just have a chance. Unless of course da wife catches on.   :-\

Jeff

I'd do it but Wildflower would spill da beans to da Wax Lady and somebody would get thumped.

chet

Probably me.  :-\   Da wax lady is of Finlander heritage, so a thumpin' is not out of da question.

Jeff

I'm sure da accomplice will get a thumpin to. Ya know what you know who's other nick name is.

fstedy

8) 8) 8) Who's comming and do we have a place to meet up?  8) 8) 8)
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

oakiemac

I'm going to try and make it. Can only be there on Friday. Have to work a 12hour shift on saturday. :(
Hope to see some of you there.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

hawby

Oakie,

Don't forget to pickup a new deck of cards for that Saturday! ;D/... and a pail to catch some of da milk  :o

Hawby

johnjbc

Will be there with Kathy both Friday and Saturday.
We have reservations at the Chestnut Ridge Park & Campground. If anyone else is staying there give a shout and we can have some Marshmallows and Hotdogs around the campfire ??? ???. Looking forward to meeting other FF Members 8) 8)
LT40HDG24, Case VAC, Kubota L48, Case 580B, Cat 977H, Bobcat 773

Stump Jumper

john 
the stump jumpers will be camping there also    8)
Jeff
May God Bless.

Arthur

Will look forward to meeting you all at the Sawlex Shootout.

Wont be there till the night before due to travel times but look forward to taking part.

Lindsay from D&L will also be there helping.  Dont know which EcoSaw Lindsay is supplying so it will be a supprise for all of us.

arthur

Thank You Sponsors!