iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LogRite Monster Hook AKA Arky Super Stick!

Started by Stump Jumper, April 06, 2005, 02:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stump Jumper

Has arrived at my door step about two weeks ago.

Sorry didn't post sooner but the sap was runnin' and couldn't get to the puter.

Here is a pic of my new monster hook and hookaroon

The monster hook is very impressive in size and strength and don't know how I managed without the hookaroon that is one excellent tool.

I did test the monster hook out but there are no pics I gave it all I had on a 30" white pine log that was buried in a log pile the log would not move and the cant hook handle bowed about 3" but it was not gonna break. I would have broken my 5' wooden handled peavey easily.  I think that this tool will come in very handy when working with the larger logs.

Thanks to the LogRite Team 8) for engineering a bigger and better cant hook. 8)

How do I get the sticky sap off of the rubber grips without ruining them???? ??? ???
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Murf

Good lookin' unit settin' thar on top of a big pile of equally good lookin' boards.

Quotethe cant hook handle bowed about 3"

My back hurts just readin' that ...  :o
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

raycon

I have to go pick mine up....a little  behind.
Last month I used my Logrite peavy to break free a snow plow that had sunk in and then froze into a mud patch. Plowing blade face down.  Neither the plow nor the logrite gave --tractor finally popped it free -- bent or  snapped everything else that I went at it with. I have a few cant hooks around the milling/ log area. I'll walk the extra 50ft to pick up the logrite tool when moving handling a decent size log -- to me there is that much of  a difference and I've owned all the tools since new.  Looking forward to trying the monster hook.
Lot of stuff..

Kirk_Allen

PINESOL Cleaner.

I use it in my lube and have NO sap build up at all.  Got some sap in my hair yesterday and the Pinesol took it right out.  Stuff works great.

Paschale

So what exactly is the official name of the new tool anyway?  Is it "Monster Hook?"  I remember the thread awhile back, and never found out what the official title was.  I'm still a fan of the ARKY stick...   :D
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Stump Jumper

thanks kirk i will try some when i get some.

paschale i think its monster hook
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Captain

Aww, now Stump_Jumper, ya shouldn't have shown Arkansawyer you got an ORANGE one.....

Me?  I'm bringing mine to the piggy roast for an Autograph.  Arkansawyer signature series....

Al B

Plain ole' fashion "Cold Cream" does a pretty good job on removing pine sap.  I also use it on pruning saw blades and loppers, before pruning pines.  Keeps sap from sticking.  Have also used Pam cooking spray on blades.  Also works good.

Pete J

Those are kind words stump jumper. Feedback like yours is such a strong motivator. I hope you get a lot work done with those tools.

Thank you for the write-up!

DoubleD

Another newbie question How is hookaron used? ???
Wannabe a sawmiller

Weekend_Sawyer

It is a back saver. Instead of bending down and grabing the end of a log or cant, you hook it and pull it into position.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

DanG

DoubleD, the hookeroon is a back saver, work saver, and safety device, all in one.  The primary way to use it is to stab the hook into a piece of wood to lift it or pull it toward yourself.  That sure saves a lot of bending over when you're working with small material by hand. It is great for off-bearing slabs from a mill, too.  It keeps you from having to reach in so far, and also saves a lot of pinched fingers.  I guess you could use it to offbear boards, too, if you didn't mind holes in your lumber. :D :D  I also use mine to retrieve boards and edgings that fall down onto the bed of my mill.  That keeps me from having to crawl under the track beam on my Mobile Dimension Saw.

As a safety device, the hookeroon keeps my hands and arms out of harm's way.  I use it to unhook the lifting tongs from logs, without having to climb on a pile that may be unstable, or having to get under the loader.  Ever have to crawl under a vehicle that is jacked up to position your safety stands?  You can send the hookeroon in to do it for you without getting under the car.

Just get one for yourself, and you'll find many uses for it. ;) :) :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

DoubleD

Thank you for the reply. Those Logrite tools look very good, but I guess sending one from over there it will cost too much :'( Do you know if Logrite sells theyr tool trough Stihl here in Europe?
Wannabe a sawmiller

Thank You Sponsors!