iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Well, I bit the bullet and bought that 372 XP

Started by jjmk98k, April 05, 2005, 09:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjmk98k

Guys, thanks for all your inputs and especially to Jokers for all your help and information on the 372 XP. I should have it in my hands this weekend and see how she does.

I know its probably more than what I needed, but i really hate to get in spots cutting and wishing I had more than that 350 sitting in my hands.

With proper care and maintenance, it should give me 20+ years of service.... I hope... I am easy on my equipment and in no way a commercial type cutter  ::)

Thanks again all who answered my many questions,

Jim

Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

fishhuntcutwood

You can never have more saw than you need!!! ;D

Jeff
MS 200T
MS 361
440 Mag
460 Mag
056 MII
660 Mag

jjmk98k

Yeah, I am sure sometimes you can have too much.... I just wanted to by a saw that i would never have to upgrade....

Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

Corley5

Congrats on your new saw 8) 8) 8) 8)  You made a very good choice
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

fishhuntcutwood

Quote from: jjmk98k on April 06, 2005, 12:30:02 PM
Yeah, I am sure sometimes you can have too much.... I just wanted to by a saw that i would never have to upgrade....

I entirely agree.  That's why I put the big grin smilely on there, maybe I should have put the  :D on there.  You wouldn't use a 660 or even a 440 to take down vine maple.  And I also agree with your thoughts on never wanting to upgrade or be on the short end of needing a saw.

Jeff
MS 200T
MS 361
440 Mag
460 Mag
056 MII
660 Mag

tony_marks

good choice .. excellent saw.. break it in then dan henry really gets good improvements in that saws performance.. of course others do also.. but i can personnally recommend dans work..i got one

TexasTimbers

Welcome to the club jj. Maybe we should start a 372XP Owners club :D I just tracked mine and it's sitting in the warehouse in Sherman, Texas. Thirty stinking minutes away. I know that she must be lonely. Probably surrounded by boxes of perfume, clothing, toys, electronics, maybe some cookware, or even some Stihl chainsaw parts God forbid.
I don't understand why some UPS yahoo couldn't have put in a little overtime and drove it over to my house. Me having my 372XP is more important than his time off for rest and relaxation. I would have even allowed him a quick peek at her.
I could be touching her right now. Looking at her. Maybe even starting her up every 30 minutes or so ... just because I could. Oh well, guess it will have to wait until tomorrow.....
I got my Lumbermate 2000 in today. I think I was looking more forward to gettin my hands wrapped around that 4.3 cubic inches of fire-breathing,  wood-spitting, ear-splitting swedish monster!  8)
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Furby

jjmk98k

Geez,

We all sound like a bunch of kids with new toys...

*arah arah arah*

life is good
Jim

TexasTimbers

jj,
You are going to luuuuuv your new toy! 8) 8) 8)

She is bad to the bone :D

KJ
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Cedarman

If it weren't for toys like these, why work. :D :D :D
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

jjmk98k

OK, well I did not get a chance to cut any wood with the 372XP...

but DanG, I started it up and let it idle , then reved it a few times.....sounds very mean!

Looking forward to running it through a few trees soon.

Jim

jjmk98k

JEFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess you owed me!!

eh?
Jim

jjmk98k

I finally got to run a tank of fuel through the 372 XP, I am VERY happy with it....

cuts wood like a hot knife through butter
Jim

beenthere

""cuts wood like a hot knife through butter ""

Keep the teeth sharp and it will always cut like that, as will they all.  :)

Glad you are 'havin' fun with it.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

David_c

thats a very good bullit to bite. I would also say Mr Dan Henry does great things with the 372xp, 346xpg and the 385xp. I have all 3 done by him and alls I can say is 8) 8) 8)

jokers

I`ve owned and or run 4 Dan Henry saws and I prefer Ed Heard to do my mods. There are however guys who seem to have some impressive saws from Dan.

Russ

jjmk98k

welcome back jokers! have not seen you around much! I been working the 372 doing some firewood cutting, it's a great saw! I am looking forward to working it over good this summer!

it was money well spent
Jim

Thank You Sponsors!