iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Eric Clapton's Birthday

Started by Patty, April 03, 2005, 08:52:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patty

Eric Clapton is 60 years old now. I've been listening to his guitar sing all morning. Man can that guy play!  8)

Clapton has been one of my favorites for 40 years now.  (yea, I be old!)
He can play the blues with the best of them.

Great way to enjoy Sunday morning coffee.....Clapton, good coffee, and the forum.  :)

Life is good.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

jjmk98k

and a total stranger saying "good morning"

GOOD MORNING

I got my coffee, the dogs at my feet (  shetland sheepdogs) and a small fire in the fireplace, I am the only one awake....

you're right, life is good.....
Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

EZ

Eric has always been my favorite. I name my son after him.
Good morning, Patty and Norm.
EZ

Norm

Good morning Jim and EZ. :)

Sunday mornings are my favorite, I try to reserve the day for doing nothing even though we usually end up doing more than that.  :D

Strong cup of coffee and Dan Akroyd's blues show....good stuff. :)

Corley5

I saw Clapton at the Palace in Aburn Hills in the late Eighties.  Mark Knopeler(sp) from Dire Straights played with him.  Super show 8) 8) 8) 8) 8).  I've still got a Clapton t-shirt around somewhere
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

redpowerd

clapton is my favorite too, especially stuff with john mayall and the blues breakers.
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Larry

Morning girls and guys. :)

Jim, I'll take a cup...make it black.

I'm only allowed to play Clapton in the shed...cause my music machine only has two volume levels...extra loud and really loud. 8) 8)
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

WH_Conley

Patty, I am the opinion that you are wrong about being old, I call it experiencedor seasoned :D :D :D
Bill

Patty

Well seasoned is what I like to think!
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

Brucer

Heck, Patty, yer just a kid. Sure like your taste in music, though. :)

I don't know if you can pick up CBC radio that far south -- every Saturday night we listen to Saturday Night Blues, 11:00 PM to 1:00 AM. You see a post from me in the wee hours of Sunday morning and you know what I've been doing. ;D

Bruce
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

OneWithWood

Small world.  Linnea and I were listening to Clapton while I cooked breakfast Sunday morning, too. :)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Patty

At 7:00 am every Sunday Dan Akroid has a blues show called Ellwood Blues. One of our local FM stations carries it. It is a fantastic show if you like to listen to the blues. Akroid is great as usual, and ads pleasure.

He was featuring Clapton this week because of his 60th birthday.
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

Percy

8) 8) LAYLA, got me on my knees, LAYLA  8) 8)
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

OneWithWood

Patty,
I have caught Akroid's show a number of times.  It is a quality listen.  I am very fond of the blues and try to attend at least one blues festival a year.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

redpowerd

im lucky enough to get akroid on sunday evengings, does he live in kingston ontario?
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Patty

I guess I really don't know where Dan Akroid lives now. I had assumed he was in Chicago, but now that you ask, I really have no idea. He has been a favorite of mine since he was on Saturday nite live back in the '70's. Blues Brothers with  Belushi is one of my all time favorite movies.
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

tnlogger

patty yup blues brothers is a goody still have it on tape pop it in when i need to relax. 8)
gene

Roxie

I love the blues, and Eric Clapton.  One of my favorites he performs is Tulsa Time, but I digress. 
This thread has brought back a memory of years ago when I went into Philadelphia to hear a blues band that Paul Barrere (Little Feat guitartist) was playing with at the time.  I was leaning up against the bar and when I turned around I was face to face with him.  He smiled at me.....and I said,
"You're Paul Barrere!"   :D  He laughed and said, "Yeah, I am!"   :D 
I couldn't believe that I could come face to face with someone as talented as Paul Barrere and only tell the guy what his name was!   :D :D
Say when

Patty

Little Feat was a favorite of an old friend of mine. Her brother was their drummer (Richie Haywood). I remember some of my more "eccentric" friends would ask her for her autograph, since they felt this was as closes as they'd ever get to Little Feat.  :D
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

Roxie

Duh.....autograph......I wish I would have thought of that.
How embarassing.   ::)
Say when

Timber_Framer

Glad to see a bunch of EC fans here at FF 8)
Back in the late eighties I did a lot of security work for D&L security in Dallas and we did four Clapton shows during that time. Imgine getting paid $80.00 to go see Clapton! I've gotta say that he was one of the most stand up guys I ever worked for. In fact he played at the Texas State fair in the Coca Cola Starplex where I was first introduced to him. He shook my hand and looked me straight in the eye and said "A pleasure to meet you Chris" Then six months later I worked his show at Reunion Areana and when we met again he stuck his hand out and said "It's good to see you agian Chris" Why I was floored that such famous person who must meet twenty new people or more each show would remember me much less my name! He had always been one of my rock and roll heros before then but ever since that day he's been DanG good folks in my book.
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Thank You Sponsors!