iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kirk Allen.....where are the pictures of those new chickens!

Started by Curlywoods, March 30, 2005, 10:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curlywoods

I am hearing all about the melting pot of different kinds of chickens at the Allen Ranch, but still have not seen one photos of the little fellas  8)
All the best,

Michael Mastin
McKinney Hardwood Lumber
McKinney, TX

tnlogger

gene

Curlywoods

Well those are definitely chickens, but I wanted to see these chickens that Mrs. Allen has adopted as part of her new brood  :D
All the best,

Michael Mastin
McKinney Hardwood Lumber
McKinney, TX

Kirk_Allen

Your Killin me Mike ;D  So much to do and so little time and you want to see CHICKENS? 
You asked for it ;D

This is Arrowhead.  He has personality and will probably become a pet..........................unless of couse he is a rooster and makes to much ruckes in the morning................then he is FRIED CHICKEN 8)

This is the Runt of the 28 birds we got.  He has grown a bunch and has become quite a raskle towards the other chicks.

This is Munch-a-bunch ;D  It is one of 8 meat chickens.  I dont know the breed but it will get Munched!

Not sure what bread these are but they are pretty aggressive to the other chicks, except to Runt.  He holds his own. Must have some Nepolian in him.

This was day one in the big box pen in our KITCHEN ;D That didnt last long.  They out grew that in less than a week.  They are now out in the garage in an old cattle water tank. 

I cant believe how fast they grow.  They are at least 5 times bigger than when we picked them up last week.  They go through the feed like nothing I have ever seen. 

Cant wait 8)  Broiled Chicken, Fried Chicken, Chicken on a stick, Chicken Gumbo, Chicken Samdwich, Heck Forest There must be 1000 ways to eat chicken ;D

Curlywoods

Yea I know all about those pet farm animals :D

My niece and her three young daughters bought four piglets to raise for the Fall one year.  Well these piglet became pets.  The pigs would run down the fence line when the cars/trucks pulled into the driveway just like a dog when they would come home.  They would get in the pens with them and these pigs would roll over to have their bellys scratched.

The Fall came and these piglets were quite well grown by now and ready for the freezer.  Two old boys came out to slaughter the pigs one morning and my niece decides that she wil bring out the video camera!

Well all was fine for the first few minutes, then once the first pig got its throat cut, the camera is seen falling to the ground and the wails of three small girls (ages of about 8, 6 and 4 if I recall correctly at that time) and the sniffles of one Mom.  I don't know what she was thinking ???

Anyway I was not there but as this story was being told to me around the kitchen table, the two older girls started crying as they told me their side of the story.  The littlest one started in telling me about the day, but her story ended a lot differently.  She piped up about how sad it all was,"but they sure do taste good" was the last words from her mouth and big grin followed  :D  She is a real farm girl for sure ;)

Arrowhead has nothing to worry about I would imagine :D
All the best,

Michael Mastin
McKinney Hardwood Lumber
McKinney, TX

MULE_MAN

I remember when my son was 5 or 6 years old ,we were cutting some chicken's
head off . And he just started laughing & thought it was funny to see the chicken
flop around with no head .  ::)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

tnlogger

good looking stew meat there kirk ;D A good friend of mine Jim has 4 incubaters running wide open right now. turkey and and chicken eggs. :D
gene

Timber_Framer

Kirk:where'd you order your chicks from?
We'll get ours from Murry McMurry in about three weeks.
Hopefully the DanG snow'll be gone by then ::)
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Kirk_Allen

We got ours from Rural King.  Tractor Supply also sells them or you can order them direct from hactheries.  The wife found several places to get them on line but we just picked them up at the local Rural King.

wiam

These arrived Friday morn at the PO from Welp's in Iowa.  30 cornish rock cross and 16 Rhode Island reds.

Will

wiam

wiam

Tom_Averwater

He who dies with the most toys wins .

Thank You Sponsors!