iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

River Camp

Started by Rockn H, March 29, 2005, 01:08:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockn H

Thought I would show Fla_Deadheader a camp ON THE RIVER.  We had to take off the porch to make room for the river. ;D :o ;D

The camp when we bought it a few years ago.

About a year later we had to tear the porch off because of erosion.

Here we are driving in, nice road huh.

From this shot you can see why we wanted to move the camp.

Bad thing is, this is where we planed to move it.

SwampDonkey

Wow Rockn

Your gonna have a float camp pretty soon. Stick some empty 45 gallon drums under her and take'r logging anyware along the river. ;)

You gonna move the camp to higher ground with a crawler? That's some serious flooding and erosion in there.

You can optimize your images with jpg compression and make them up to 400 pixels wide.

http://www.xat.com  has an optimizer
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Fla._Deadheader

I've been to some of them camps. Nice place to get away from the crowds.

This post is something I can understand. What's got me is, what's up with the other posts this morning?????????  Looks like some Aliens has dropped in and stole the leading comments from a few of the newer postings ??????

Maybe I'M getting older ????????????????
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Jeff

Quote from: SwampDonkey on March 29, 2005, 06:16:11 AM
You can optimize your images with jpg compression and make them up to 400 pixels wide.

http://www.xat.com  has an optimizer

Yes, you really should do that and replace these photos, then remove the small ones from your album. I want to see to and my eyes won't let me. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Rockn H

Just stopped throught the house and I don't have time to try resizing the pics this time.  Originally I tried 350 pixles wide and couldn't get them to upload, had to just go down to 30kb.  I'll try again later, thanks.

SwampDonkey,  the camp was built in 57 and hadn't lost an inch of bank until we bought it.  A bend up stream had some trees fall, that bank eroded and the river started to straighten.  The current hit out bank for a while, but has now moved farther down stream.  Some of the camps are built on floats here, but the flood I showed is rare for our spot.  As much as I hate to say, the pics are about 4 years old and we're TALKING about moving it back,again, this summer.  The main problem is our boat ramp was in a cut back upstream and since the river has straightened, the cought back has started filling in.  My nephew says my luck challenges me. ;)

DanG

Well, rivers do wander, as do some of our minds. ::)  Being the young guy with excellent eyesight, I enjoyed the pics.  I like the camp, especially the driveway. :D  Don't know why you wanted to move it, though.  When you can sit on the kitchen steps and fish, how bad can it be? ???
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Rockn H

DanG, believe it or not we moved that door and put a window there as soon as the water went down. ;D  We put it where the window with a smoke stack sticking out was.  And moved the heater in the corner with the flew going through the wall with a proper flange, not just a piece of plywood.  You know, we don't seem to take pics as often as we used to.   ::)

Furby

Myself, I'd probly just jack it up a bit and run some suspended walkways and stuff.
Make it like a play camp or something. ;)

bitternut

Whats the heater for? I thought your camp was in Florida.

Jeff

Great pictures! We got postcards instead of stamps now!  Good job!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!