iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood-Mizer 20'TH Anniversary Party Update

Started by Bibbyman, May 28, 2002, 10:34:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibbyman

If you've been setting on the fence and just decided you want to attend the Wood-Mizer 20'Th Anniversary Party,  
you still have time and an alternative way to register.

Wood-Mizer is set up for phone reservations.  Call 1-800-525-8100 and ask for Terry Clark. They'll need a credit card to be able to register this way. The $20 fee is good only till June 1st, then it goes up to $30, so the sooner you call the better.

It's still a DanG good deal! - two meals, entertainment, a concert with Larry Gatlin, door prizes, a $20 gift certificate good at the Wood-Mizer store and a 2000-1 chance or winning a sawmill for only $30.  (Or $20 if you get in before June,1 )

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Jeff

Don't forget the invite brochure says door prizes all day too. :)

I will probably win one of thier toy sawmills. ::) Bib did you read the thread about my daughter wanting a w-mizer?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bibbyman

If she's my kid, made good grades in school and wasn't a pain in the butt,   I'd bring her to the party and let her take her pick of one of those orange and black anniversary edition Wood-Mizers!  

I'd bet all of her friends would want one when they see hers.
Sawing since '94

ARKANSAWYER

I said something about winning the mill and wife asked if I would give it to 13 year old son as he is wanting to be ARKANSAWYER 2.  He pipes up and says "No way Mom! I want a diesel Super so I can cut more a day,, It would be cheaper then sending me to college."   Got to love that boy!
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Bibbyman

Here is a list of motels/hotels on the Wood-Mizer side of Indy.  They offer a discount to Wood-Mizer visitors but you have to make the arrangements directly with them - can't use a 1-800 number or a national booking agency.  

Most all of these places are located along I-465 that runs north and south on the west side of Indy.  All look to be convenient to Wood-Mizer.  I'll list these from north to south order.  The first two being north of 10'th street and the rest south - mostly clustered near the airport.

Signature Inn - I-465 and 38'th street - 317 299-6165

Red Roof Inn - 6415 Debonair Ln. - 317 293-6881

Sleep Inn - 5845 Rockville Road - 317 247-4100

Wingate Inn Airport - 5797 Rockville Road - 317 243-8310

Comfort Inn West - 5855 Rockville Road - 317 487-9800

Hawthorne Suites - 55 S. High School RD. - 317 246-1505

Ameri Suites - 5500 Bradbury St. - 317 227-0950

Baymont Inn - 2650 Executive Drive - 317 244-8100

Wellesley Inn & Suites - 5350 W. Southern Ave. - 317 241-0700

Hampton Inn - 5601 Fortune Cir. W. - 317 244-1221

Extended Stay America - 2730 Fortune Circle W. - 317 248-0465

Days Inn - 5860 Fortune Cir. W. - 317 248-0621

Holiday Inn - 2501 S. High School Rd. - 317 244-6861
Sawing since '94

Jeff

How come the place yer staying at aint listed?

Bibbyman

'Cause we were SO  excited about going,  Mary called and made the reservations way ahead of time.   Then after we sent in our registration form,  they sent us a map that included this list of motels that offers Wood-Mizer visitors a discount.

We're staying at La Quinta over on the other side (east) of town. It's at exit 89 off of I-70.  - 7304 E. 21st - 317 359-1021 - 800 531-5900

La Quinta not nearly as convenient to Wood-Mizer as the ones listed above but is closer to where the evening concert is going to be held - so... it's 6 of one and half-dozen of another.
Sawing since '94

sawyerkirk

It's official, the Harpers will be there. Gets my wife out of having to buy me a fathers day present!!

Bibbyman

This is a little of the topic but if you've got a minute, check out the picture on the Wood-Mizer home page.  Looks like they change it at the beginning of each month.

Wood-Mizer

WHAT A VIEW! But man,  where are your walls?
Sawing since '94

Bibbyman

Great late breaking news!

Wood-Mizer is setting the Forestry Forum up a meeting place in the vendor's tent with a banner and all!  

The banner will read:
[/size]

"The Forestry Forum Meeting Place"[/b]  [/size]
Sawing since '94

Jeff

woodman

Is there going to be a photo and sigin in place? or a time to meet?
Jim Cripanuk

ARKANSAWYER

I am sure we can get a paper sack to sign in on and a note as to what time we can try to gather up and take a photo.  Wood Mizer is doing a good thing but I guess Bibbyman buying a new mill helped.  Bring your business cards and leave a wad of them there so people can swap information with out having to write much.  If you think that Budman and I talk slow you should see us write. ;D
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Jeff

Bibbyman

To Whom It May Concern:

The Bibbyman and lovely ProSawyer-Mary have moved their motel reservations from La Quinta to Red Roof Inn.  

It's closer to the fun and was less expensive.

See phone numbers listed above.

It's only a little over two weeks to go!  
Sawing since '94

Jeff

I was informed that we were also getting a table to go along with the Forum Banner. A place where we can leave literature about the forum.  Problem was, I dont have any!

So, I put the word out to some of my contacts and it sounds like we are going to get a table FULL of forestry  and tree information donated by folks like the Forest service, DNR, Michigan Forest Resource Alliance, Arbor Day People, and so on.  Booklets, wooden rulers, pamplets, magnets, all kinds of stuff!

Also some videos and a cd rom package donated by MFRA so we can have a drawing box and a prize to give away. You can see the video clips at www.mfra.org.  How to attract wildlife to your property, and Forests Forever videos.

So I guess we will put our Wood-mizer provided Forum table to good educational use!

Bibbyman

I just checked with my friend at Wood-Mizer and they are still registering people for the party and will continue to take registrations by phone and credit card.  Call 1-800-525-8100 and ask for Terry Clark.

And if you are the ultimate procrastinator,  you can register the day of the party at the gate.

See you there!  
Sawing since '94

Jeff

Thats good, cause I am still waiting for my confirmation mail. I would hate to show up down there and just have to peep through the fence. :-[
 ;)
 :D

Jeff

I received my confirm today, guess I get to come! I also have a boat load of forestry info that we get to give away. Got some cool posters, rulers, maps, landowner assistance information and a multi media package fom MFRA to give a way in a drawing. Be sure to bring business cards to leave on the table.

Thats how you enter the drawing to. You have to drop your Biz card in the box. That way we dont have to fiddle with pencils and forms.

Bibbyman

Mary has been sawing and delivering lumber like a woman possessed for the past two week. Got our important orders done and trying to get some of our little orders picked up.  People just keep missing their appointment times.  >:(

Mary is packing the Buick today and we're on the road before sunup tomorrow.  I've already put the Jones Debarker in the trunk just in case someone would like to take it home with them in exchange for a hand full of papers with pictures of dead presidents on them. The Log Wizard is packed too but it's already spoken for.

What I want to know is,  if we're all going to be in Indy,  who's going to be here to post on the Forum? :-/

P.S.  If you've had some last minute thoughts of coming to the Wood-Mizer party,  they will take registration at the gate.
Sawing since '94

ARKANSAWYER

Truck it fuled up, washed (rained last night) and the cow is out of the grill so we are ready.  Just do not slow down infront of me as I am seeing Orange.  
ARKANSAWYER  NORTH BOUND 8)
ARKANSAWYER

Jeff

I don't have near as far to go, so my brother in law and I will be leaving about 5 AM Friday morning. Only about 6 - 6.5 hour drive for us.

woodman

I'm flying in i hop my arms do"nt get well you know, see you all saterday.
Jim Cripanuk

Bibbyman

What a party!  Lots of guys from the Forum there.  

Tom Cadenhead found someone else with a white beard.   Don Laskowski founder of Wood-Mizer.

Here is a picture of a new Wood-Mizer LT80!  Saws logs up to 27 feet long!  Lots more to come.  Just got back home and a little visited out.
Sawing since '94

woodman

Jim Cripanuk

Thank You Sponsors!