iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new to the forum

Started by Part_Timer, March 28, 2005, 12:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Part_Timer

Thought I'd stop in and say thank you all for the great information on this site.  I decided to join after reading about a guy who needed a sawyer job.  He asked if anyone knew of one and there were a lot of people who pointed him in all kinds of directions trying to help.  What a great bunch of people.
     We own a LT 15 and saw on a small scale (weekends) for some local farmers and woodworkers.  Not lots of BF more for fun.  We reclaim timer from fence rows and rivers that would otherwise be burnt down, mostly osage.  The wife turns pen and pencil sets and the kids use some of it for 4H.  I try and do some woodworking but I'd rather saw.  I'll post some pics when I get a chance if anyone is interested.  Thanks for all the info

Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

DanG

You betcha we're interested! ;D  Welcome aboard.  Sound's like y'all are having fun. 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

woodchopper

Welcome to the forum...

Lots of good info here -  just for the asking.. and lots of humor to boot!!
We don't get older -  we just get better!

Fla._Deadheader

If we're interested, Sheesh.  ::) ::)  Welcome aboard, Part_Timer.  8) 8) ;D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Coon

Welcome to the site.  Glad to see someone else got that contageous disease : "Wood on the Brain"   The people on this site are very friendly and would help you in a pinch with anything you need to know.  I am fairly new to this site also and have just gotten addicted.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

fstedy

smiley_clapping WELCOME  smiley_clapping
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

iain

You cant stay if you aint got pics ;)

velcom to de forrrm

iain

tnlogger

welcome you bet pics are good Part_Timer you got your feet wet now so jump on in the waters fine.
gene

OneWithWood

Welcome Part_Timer.  I remember when Warren only had an operator.  No phone numbers, you just told the operator who you wanted to talk to.  My kind of place!

Welcome to the forum.  Your life just became greatly enriched  8)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Cedarman

Welcome to the FF.  Osage can be valuable as a niche market wood.  Some folks pay good money especially for 6 foot straight logs to make bows. Others want the lumber.  You can have a lot of fun seeking those markets. Just remember, its not how big your lumber pile is at the end of the day, its how much fun you had making it.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

dutchman

Welcome,  part timer.
Warren, what state ?

oakiemac

Cedarman, That is what all you guys with small lumber piles say. ;D ;D
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

thecfarm

Welcome to the Forum. I only saw a little too.Mine is a manual bandsaw,but I'm glad I have it.I have alot of fun,even if I don't know what I'm doing.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Part_Timer

dutchman  Warren Indiana

thecfarm  If I had any idea what I was doing I'd probably scare myself and quit  :D

All I have is pictures of some of the wood projects made from the mill but I'll try and post them on break in the morning.  The people where I work have no sence of humor.  They actually expect me to work when I'm there instead of daydreaming of sawing ;D  fat chance
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Thank You Sponsors!