iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Met some new old frends today.

Started by Weekend_Sawyer, March 26, 2005, 10:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weekend_Sawyer

Just got back from Roxie and Cowby Bob's, just downright great folks, I got pictures and tomorrow morning I'm going to learn the new way of postn em.

I say old frends cause it just felt like we allready knew each other.

Chris and I also got  new/old tractor, they were having a farm auction at Rox n Bob's and it followed me home! This big feller is a Farmall 560 on STEEL! Old Amish tractor so I can't quite understand what it says :D

I'm dead tired, we drove up past their house to Myerstorn Pa. to pick up parts for Dad's old H cause Chris blew the tranny bush hoggin yesterday. Then we drove down, just to visit Roxy. Wound up with the Big Feller, drove home 1.5 hours, got Chris's trailer, drove back, loaded Big Feller. And let me tell you it didn't want to go, steel wheels on steel decking don't work uphill! Finally got it on and put 4 chains on it. It didn't budge all the way home. I'll unload it tomorrow and post pictures... if I can.

Happy Easter Eve everyone!!

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Weekend_Sawyer

Ok here's a pic of Me and Roxy, don't tell Cowboy Bob!
More tomorrow.

An I figured out how to post pix here, Aint it grand.  8)
What a Day, I'm going to bed.

DanG

Out in the yard working, indeed! ::)  Looks like y'all are having a great time.  That's usually the way it is when Forum members get together. 8) 8) :) :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

UNCLEBUCK

Good job on postin pics !  Looks like a few amish buggies in the background too .  Happy Easter everybody ! Happy Easter DanG
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

DanG

Thanks Buck.  And a Happy Easter to you too, as well as all the ForestryForum members.  Tomorrow represents a marvelous gift to us all, and we should spend the day appreciating it. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Patty

Great photo, Jon!  I'm so glad you made it to the auction. Looks like everyone is having a good ol' time.

Happy Easter!
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Roxie

Jon, you beat me to posting!!   :D  Good on ya buddy!! 
Folks, meeting Jon was just the absolute highlight of my day.  As you can see, we are both terribly shy, but we overcame and had a super good time.  The tractor he bought is a monster with steel tires (no rubber at all) and one of the Amish children from the farm that it came from had written the name "Herman" on decal stickers.  We, of course, assume that's because it looks just like Herman Munster!  Jon offered me the opportunity to kick the tires with him, but I declined.   :D  Jon and his brother, Chris, were laughing at themselves trying to get that tractor up the steel trailer ramps and let me tell you, sparks were FLYING!   :D   It was great to see Jon enjoying his new/old toy! 
Say when

Weekend_Sawyer

I woke up this morning to the thump of a large engine running. Chris, lives next door to me, was up and running the Big Feller around. pulling our big disk through his corn patch. This disk gave The Mighty M (farmall also) a run for it's money but The Big Feller didn't even grunt. What a tractor!

Now the fun is over, we are going to start going over it and see what it really neads.

Jon

Roxie

I think that tractor is smiling!   :)
Say when

asy

GREAT PHOTO, thanks Jon!

Good to see both the tractor AND the mule went  to good owners!

Great outcome Roxie! Good to see you are happy with the results!

Now you and Cowboy Bob might be able to get some sleep! (Unless you are too busy celebrating!)

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Corley5

8) 8) pics and a cool tractor.  Is it gas or diesel ???  Those Amish steel wheels are something else 8)  I always marvel at how they make em.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Weekend_Sawyer

It's a gasser, needs some minor repairs, steering's a little loose, blows a little oil
overall a good tractor.

I kept walking over and tinkering on it whend I was supposed to be working on my Ford 8N.
I got the ford mostly back together today, that'll be 1 tractor out of the barn and 2 to go!

Jon

ElectricAl

Weekend_Sawyer,

We use to deliver to an Amish farmer that had a 1968 JD 4020D on steel. It had metal lugs too. He also had a Case 1845C skidsteer on solid steels.  Real clean units.

Nice find  8)
Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

etat

QuoteI think that tractor is smiling!

I betcha the guy that's driving is smiling too. :)

That's a nice tractor but I'd sure hate to have to fix a flat on one of them rear wheels! ;D

8) 8) 8) 8)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

iain

Roxie you NEED to update your profile pic,
if thats really you with Jon you.ve had your hair coloured ;) :D
its good to see who your typing to 

iain

Roxie

:D  Unless someone puts you in a pink tutu!   :D :D
Say when

iain

iain

Roxie

Say when

OneWithWood

Dunno, looked like a TuTu to me  :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

iain

you americans you think you know it all, it was a FAIRY outfit, i just took the wings off,  it should have been a tu tu, but the FAIRY outfit had sparklie bits on, so a no brainer really ;)

iain

DanG

As Junior Samples once said, "I don't think I woulda told dat!"  :D :D :D

iain

Hopfully there should be a pic abovemay not be the right way up ::) but if its there you can see the difference between the outfits

massive thanks to the FURBY 8)

iain

Roxie

Jumping doggies!   :o How long did they make you perform that handstand! 
Say when

Weekend_Sawyer

Thank You Sponsors!