iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LONG HAIRED hippie's and FF dippies pics

Started by Buzz-sawyer, March 24, 2005, 11:24:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz-sawyer

How would we know Mr Murf?

I havent seenyourpic onhere yet?????????????
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Murf

Buzz, if'n ya'd come an get dis DanG loader ya'd see it fer yerself ........ :D

Besides, my cameras only got da one lens in front, an I'm alla time behind it.  ::)

Dat an I don't wanna scare nobody.  :D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

CHARLIE

OK Buzz.....Here's me growing up.  Never had long hair, never owned rollers or a hair dryer.  ;D

Here I is in 1944 in the hospital

And again in 1945

And in 1946 in nursery school

In 1950

About 1951

And in 1955.....getting DanG good lookin'

1957 in the 8th grade, the year before being shipped off to military school.

Senior High School picture in 1961.  Tom used to walk in my room and say, "Get ready. You have a date in 20 minutes. :o 

Late 1962, playing in my first dance band, The Echos

1963, Freshman in College

1965, College baseball

1966, playing in my third dance band, The Breakers

1966 sitting on my 1965 BSA Lightning Rocket

1966, College picture

1970, married 3 years to Donna and we had one child born 1969

1975, Only 3 years in Minnesota

1978, Only 10 years with IBM

Tom and Charlie about 1983 or 84

1984 with my full beard.....only wore it 1 year.  Donna did not like it.

2002 picture but I ain't changed much since then.....maybe a little prettier.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Paul_H

Hey,those are some good pictures Charlie  :)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Corley5

Thanks for posting those Charlie.  :) :) 8) ;D :) :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

blueox

BUZZ....Wow I had to look at your picture on the couch, several times to finally believe you were a guy ..... 8)tee hee    Your graduation photo looks almost like mine although I'm female...We had the same "feathered" hairdo, you must have graduated in the late 70's or very early 80's?!? You kinda had that Peter Frampton look about ya!!

Laurel

DOT Highway Approved Log Load Trailers. For your ON Road Multi-Purpose Use

Murf

Ok, Buzz, I managed ta find a coupla pictures of me for your viewing pleasure.

First is the early years.  :D     My second Christmas, which was 1965. I'm the one on the right, and no, not the one with the hands clasped together either.  :D

Then 40 years later ........ Dats me an Deputy Dog in front'a da fire.

Now Charlie, thems some interestin' photos ya got there, and it seems poor Tom got some a dat fading beard colouring too DanG it all anyways. Must been a coupla bad batches, seems most of us got some of dat stuff.  :D

DanG

Murf, that "fading beard colouring" is called patina.  It is a sure-fire sign of a man in his prime, as opposed to those with all those various juvenile "colours" who only think they're in their prime. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Murf

Dat's a good theory DanG.  ;D

I asked one a da fellers at coffee hour(s) dis mornin about it, he's got a beard sorta like yers.

He claims he wore da colour plumb off it from rubbin' it and pullin' on it when he's cogitatin' over sumat.  ::)

asy

Quote from: DanG on March 24, 2006, 12:06:37 AM
Murf, that "fading colouring" is called patina.  It is a sure-fire sign of a man in his prime

So what's it called on a woman???  I don't like the idea of telling people I have a patina.

Can I just call it "bottle blonde"?

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Buzz-sawyer

Hey Charlie ...good lookin pics...I guess you been savin up for a while ????
And thanks for peer presuring ole Murf into a post ;)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Buzz-sawyer

Quote from: blueox on March 23, 2006, 11:07:38 AM
BUZZ....Wow I had to look at your picture on the couch, several times to finally believe you were a guy ..... 8)tee hee    Your graduation photo looks almost like mine although I'm female...We had the same "feathered" hairdo, you must have graduated in the late 70's or very early 80's?!? You kinda had that Peter Frampton look about ya!!

Laurel

Well thanks for the comment...BUT if our graduation photos are lookin alike I GOTTA SEE THAT!
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

DanG

Asy, it is still called patina.  You can't fake it, no matter how much money you spend...it's gotta be earned.  Honest is what it's all about.  Purely natural is the only way to be.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Raphael

We came across this photo on SWMBO's hard drive so I though it was time to ressurect this thread.

Anchorage Alaska circa 1968, posing with my first fish.  Good this Ling Cod doesn't fight. :)

I'll have to dig around and find the one or two photo's I allowed to be taken of me during my High School years...
Until then just picture Cartman from south park at 17 with hair halfway to his belt.

Fast forward to 1996 and my "first date" (of two?) with Debbie who is now SWMBO

We're dressed a bit casual for dating but it was the second or third day of the "date"...  Here's one more from later on
in the same "date" at my brother's wedding showing the profound effects this kind dating can have on hair.

Christmas 1996, my new SIL Sarah, brother Matthew, Debbie and myself.

This is a more recent photo showing off my usual hair style as well as a little photoshop finesse.  That's not a staff I'm leaning on but a chain link safety fence with all the links edited away.
... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

Radar67

Raphael,
  You sort of resemble the old dude from "Roadhouse" in his younger days.

Stew
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Buzz-sawyer

Hey good pics fellas.....one thing in common....ya both love your families....oh, and the hair :D :D
Anyone else???
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

KGNC

This was me doing what I do best:

For some reason I seem to be eating in most of my photos.
I can't find any when I had the mop on my head and the hairly face. Maybe no one wanted to see me like that.

Here's one from last winter.

Buzz-sawyer

I have an old pepsi bottle like that sitting around.....I used to get my spending money collecting those ;)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Burlkraft

Tcsmpsi........What's in those cigarettes ??? ??? :D :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Daren

I remember this thread from along time ago. I kept my head nearly shaved for many years. I had a set of shears, I'd just buzz it off every couple weeks. I worked outside in the sun alot and started getting spots on my forehead that would bleed when I got sunburned again (can you say melanoma ?) I wore a hat when I could, but they gave me a head ache so I decided to quit shaving my head for protection from the sun. It just dawned on me, I am one of those long haired freaks. I have not touched the shears for 2 years now.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

sawguy21

Quote from: Buzz-sawyer on September 01, 2006, 10:34:50 PM
I have an old pepsi bottle like that sitting around.....I used to get my spending money collecting those ;)
Yeah, that is definately an old pic.  :D Trouble is, I remember those Pepsi bottles too. 10 cents from the horizontal coolers.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Buzz-sawyer

My favorite, was a tall 16 oz orange crush.....there weas a rack on the side of the machine to put the empty bottles in too :)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Stamp

Well, wildflower looks the same as she did back then, but Jeff...not so much.  Is Tammy flipping folks off in their wedding photo?

Jeff

Hard life.  ;D    Thats Tammy's pointy finger Ada. The caption on that photo is really accurate. There was a guy over in the culligan man's driveway doing mutiple donuts. Thats what we were looking at. Probably one of the people that didn't have the guts at the beginning of the service to answer the question "If there is anyone here that thinks this man and woman should not.... :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DWM II

I just read thru and figured out why I have been learning so much from you folks here. Must have something to do with older and wiser ;). All the pics from the 70-80s remind me of my parents :D. Sure is cool to put some faces to the names.
Stewardship Counts!

Thank You Sponsors!