Sponsors:

What am I?

Started by asy, March 24, 2005, 08:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

asy

I just wanted to share this with you all:

Who Am I?
[/size][/b]

I am the basis of all wealth, the heritage of the wise, the thrifty and the prudent. I am the poor man's joy and comfort, the rich man's price, the right hand of capital, the silent partner of may successful men, I am the solace of the widow, the comfort of old age, the cornerstone of security against misfortune and want, I am handed down to children through generations, as a thing of great worth, I am the chosest fruit of toil, credit respects me, yet I am humble, I stand before every man bidding him to know me for what I am, and posses me.

I grow and increase in value through countless days. Though I seem dormant, my worth increases, never failing, never ceasing. Time is my aid and population heaps up my gailn. Fire and the elements I defy, for they cannot destroy me, my possessors learn to believe in me, variably they become envied. While all things wither and decay, I survive. The centuries find me younger, increasing in my strength; I am the foundation of banks, the producer of food and the basis of wealth throughout the world. Yet I am so common that thousands, unthinking and unknowing pass me by.

I am Land.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Fraxinus

That's excellent, asy.  I'm going to pass that on!
Grandchildren, Bluegrass music, old tractors, trees and sawmills.  It don't get no better'n that!

MemphisLogger

Thanks Asy!

That's what I plan on leaving my kids--REAL estate.

:)
Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

TN_man

A guest speaker at our forestry association meeting the other night shared how his uncle died when he was only 38. The 250 acres of land that he left his wife and kids, put his kids through college and took care of his wife needs. It was an interesting story that he related. I hope to pass land down to my kids as well. ;)
WM LT-20 solar-kiln Case 885 4x4 w/ front end loader  80 acre farm  little time or money

sigidi

Hey ASy you can leave me an acre of that Belli park....

doesn't even need to be something cleared, the more wooded the better ;)
Always willing to help - Allan

asy

Quote from: sigidi on March 24, 2005, 05:07:45 PM
Hey ASy you can leave me an acre of that Belli park....

doesn't even need to be something cleared, the more wooded the better ;)

What? you mean the back bit, the really crappy bit you can't walk through coz of the 100ft tall flooded gums that are 5ft diameter at the base?

That bit???

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

rebocardo

> Though I seem dormant, my worth increases, never failing, never ceasing.

You know that is so true, especially when a sand filled wasteland devoid of water is found with oil underneath. Which means at one point in time it was a thriving forest ...

Thank You Sponsors!