iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Problems with Lombardini engine

Started by Junior437t, March 23, 2005, 07:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior437t

I have the Lombardini engine on my LT40. I am having some problems with it starting. When I start it the first thing of the morning it does fine. Heat the glow plug and crank a few seconds and it fires up. After it runs an hour or so and I shut down, that is when I have "restart" problems. When I crank for just a couple seconds  it will hit and run for a couple seconds and quit. Then it cranks 30 or 40 seconds to restart and before it starts I get puffs of black smoke out the exhaust and after it does start, get a good bit of black smoke for a few seconds. The engine has about 850 hours on it. Injectors were rebuilt less than 25 hours ago. Fresh fuel and filter.

sparks

The injectors were rebuilt but when they were installed was the injector timing set? There is a drip test on the injectors. Sounds like to much fuel draining from injectors. Do you have a lombardini service manual? If not email me and I'll get you one.   Thanks
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Thank You Sponsors!