iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

*Modified*New LogRite Tools

Started by Ga_Boy, March 21, 2005, 07:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ga_Boy

*****NOTE*****

I want the take this oppertunity to thank the good folks at LogRite.  Kevin called me last night to tell me the hooks will be shipped on Tuesday.  When I posted this thread, it was ment to give those who read it a laugh; in other words I was trying to make a joke about  myself and an honest mistake that we as humans are prone to make.  It was not my intention to belittle the qulaity tools and people at LogRite.  I feel my intentions may have misfired and for this I appologise to LogRite and everyone who works there.

Yesterday was a day of suprises for me as a similar thing hapended regarding some new chains and load binders I ordered last week.  I found a company that sold load binders made in the USA and imported load binders.  They also sold the grade 70 DOT apporoved chains.  This company had the best price on US made ratchet load binders.  Their price on the DOT chains were about $10 more expensive that another company.  I asked about the price difference and the nice lady I spoke with said the cains were US made as well.

I called the other company and asked about their chains; they were imported.  I called the first company  back and ordered the US made chains.   This all occured last week.

Well, yesterday morning this same nice lady called me and told me that she learned that the hooks on the chians were imported not US made.  She rembered that I only wanted US made load binders and chains.  She appologised and told me that 8 new US made hooks were on the way.

Now, when I need chains or load binders I will always use this company, the same goes for LogRite, all of my business for cant hooks and pevys will go to these guys.   A company that stands behind their product like this is a quality company that I am honerd to to business with.

*****End Note*****

*****Original Post*****

I ordered a Arky size cant hook and a 48" peavy.

I thought they arrived today.  I opened the box and found LogRite's newest tools instead.

I got me a Arky cant POLE ane a 48" peavy POLE.  No hooks here, just the poles.  The thing is no instructions on how to use these things.

Anybody out there know how to use a cant pole or a pevy pole? ??? ??? ::)

Mark

10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Pete J

I'm gonna have a talk with that boy Kevin. I've told him more than once to send the hooks out the day before the handles. Give him another chance, he's still learning. He'll get it right one of these days.

p.s. If the hooks don't show soon, call the 800# and let us know.

Pete

Stump Jumper

are the hooks shiped seprate ???
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Frank_Pender

No not necessarily in the shipping separate.  However, I did receive five or six 5'ers and had to have the hooks shipped separately along with the Arky hook.  They are all attatched and together at this time.  The are no longer lonesome doves in a box. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Frank Pender

Weldrite

As Supervisor of the logrite shipping department I apologize for any item left out of your shipment.  The hooks should have been in the bottom of the box with the instruction sheet and bolts.  I very well could have lost my concentration, due to how darn good looking those Arky hooks are, and forgotten :-[ to put the hooks in.  I will take care of this first thing in the A.M. and you should have your hooks in no time.  Once again sorry for the inconvenience.

Ryan
A Land Rover would never turn up to collect an Oscar. It'd be far too busy doing something important, somewhere, for someone.

Stump Jumper

:o awh you were coveting those hooks . ::) ;D ;)
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

DanG

Welcome, Weldrite! 8)  So we finally found the guy that does the work around there, eh?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Brad_S.

Will these super duper Arky hooks be for sale at Sawlex in June? I'm not from Misouri Miseri Missory the Show Me state but I would like to see before I buy non-the-less.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

sigidi

Always willing to help - Allan

Captain

I'll second the welcome, Ryan.  Weldrite is a good moniker, but from my observations you could also be called TIGMASTER.

See you guys soon for some more PV60s.

CAPTAIN

RoadKill

Hi - new to the forum here.  I decided to join after meeting Captain at his swingmill demo last Saturday.  Here's a shot of him trying to sell a big peavy to some ladies at the demo.   It was a good event - real nice people, lunch, and it even got above freezing for an hour or two.  If anyone is interested, I can post some shots of the mill in action.

Yah, born in da UP, but 20 yeahs heah neah Baahstin.

Tom

Welcome to the forum, Roadkill.

Picture are always welcome.  Besides, it gives us a better chance to "rib" Captain.  Do you have any of him doing something stupid? :D

Pete J

Welcome WeldRite and RoadKill,

It is always good to have new members around. Someone has to keep all these old-timers guessin'.

As far as screwing up a shipment of tools to a customer, I thought that was in "MY" job description. You're gonna have to mess up a lot more often if you want Kevin give you that promotion!

Now start cranking up the number of posts, at least into double digits to get ride of that "Newbie" 1 post number.

Pete

J D in AUS

Logrite Do you have an agent in Australia

J D in sunny Queensland :)

Hammy

Welcome aboard Roadkill,

I'd love to see some pics, especially as Tom says any of Captain looking like a goose will be greatly received.

By the way, that isn't sun I see in that photo is it? What happened to the good ol faithful New England weather?

Great to see you enjoyed the demo day.
C. Hammond
Petersons

Jeff

By Garsh Hammond you have just witnessed a sure sign of Spring! The Captainn saw his shadow! :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Captain

Am I being compared to a Groundhog :)??

Jeff

I can change your name if'n ya want me to... ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

RoadKill

Yeah, the sun was out - just enough to melt the top two inches of mud  :D

Sorry I don't have any shots of Captain doing something stupid.  I suspect there are two reasons:

1. sawmill operators who do stupid things don't get to type much anymore

2. Mrs. Captain wouldn't let him

Here's a shot of the two of them sawing.  Notice who is doing the heavy work.

Here's a look at how thin a cant is left when Captain is done chewing it up. Maybe he's more of a beaver than a groundhog.

Yah, born in da UP, but 20 yeahs heah neah Baahstin.

Engineer

I'm still waiting for Groundhog (aka Captain) to convince me to ditch the orange beast and buy a swinger...   ;D

Captain

Naw, Jon.  You can't part with the WM, you got a fine deal on that.

You just need a swinger to supplement the breakdown process.   ;)

BTW, Lorraine was doing the heavy work, not the heavy looking on.  I always tell her the milling is such HARD work, little does she know she's got the worst of it.... ;D

Captain

Engineer

I haven't been awful willing to teach anybody else how to run my mill - otherwise I'd have to tail and milling wouldn't be near as much fun.   :(

Thank You Sponsors!