iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Speaking of tractors

Started by Fraxinus, March 20, 2005, 07:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fraxinus

I sure wish I could justify spending the $2K asking price for this one.

Wouldn't I be some proud to drive this one in the 4th of July parade 8) 8)  I could probably get somebody else to drive my M. ;)
Grandchildren, Bluegrass music, old tractors, trees and sawmills.  It don't get no better'n that!

asy

Quote from: Fraxinus on March 20, 2005, 07:59:19 PM
I sure wish I could justify spending the $2K asking price for this one.

Wow, it's VERY cute!

Could you get any sort of tax break for registering as a tractor museum??? :D

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Fraxinus

Hey, this is NH.  We already got low taxes. :D :D :D
Grandchildren, Bluegrass music, old tractors, trees and sawmills.  It don't get no better'n that!

Corley5

Got a 1935 F-12 just like that minus the nice paint job ;) ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Fraxinus

That's the year of this one.  If I owned it, I'd promise it'd never have to work hard again unless it wanted to.  I have tractors that are only 55 or 60 years old to do the hard work! :D :D

DanG

Justify? ???  I can give ya justification.  A month ago, I bought $10,000 worth of Martha Stewart stock.  I justified that by the fact that it was going up like a homesick angel.  Made $440 in the first 2 hours.  Right now, I'm $4,000 in the hole. :'(  I coulda bought 2 of those, and my portfolio would look just like it does now, but I woulda had the tractors.  Go for it, or I will. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Fraxinus

It's only about 65 or 70 miles from me.  That puts it about 1100 from you, don't it? :'( :'(

Corley5

Way I figure it this old iron is never gonna be worth any less.  Friend of mine who collects JDs lost a bunch of $$$$ after 9/11 in the stock market.  He wished it all would have been in Old Iron and he wouldn't have lost a cent.

DanG

Tell ya what, Les.  Go ahead and get it, then, if ya just hate the thing, I'll meet ya halfway and give ya what ya paid, minus "wear & tear" of course. ;D

The problem with investing in old iron, as far as I can see, is liquidating it when ya need to get your money.  I can never seem to part with anything.  Stocks & Bonds don't have any personality or usefulness, so I have no trouble cashing them in.  Selling off a tractor like that would cause me no end of pain. :'( :'(
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Frank_Pender

It is a good thing that tractor is not about 4,000 miles closer.
Frank Pender

DanG

I know whatcha mean, Frank.  I got enough temptation starin' me right in the face, as it is.  A buddy is trying to unload a 3/4 ton Dodge 4wd with a 5.9 and a new tranny for $3000.  Another guy has a bucket truck for $2200! Jeepers, why would I go a thousand miles just to get a deal?

redpowerd

that tractor is worth 2k up here without the paint and tires. ive wanted a f-20 for a long time to play with (rake hay and draw wagons)
nice tractor, get danG to buy it for ya.
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Fraxinus

You guys are making it awful hard for me to resist this tractor.  I believe it is well worth that money.

Roxie

Do the words "You can't lose" mean anything to ya?   ???
Say when

Norm

Better yet..."if you don't buy it I will". ;D

Fraxinus

Okay, okay, you've talked me into it.  Now who is going to talk to the secretary of the treasury for me?  :-*
Actually, I had a welcome email on my 'puter at work this morning.  In a couple of weeks, we will be getting our annual bonus check.  In past years, it's been in the neighborhood of a week's pay.  Now that won't quite buy that tractor, but............it will go quite a good distance toward the purchase.

Corley5

You've made the right decision 8) 8) 8) 8)  I'd like to find a Farmall Regular to add to the collection and an F-20 too and then might just as well get an F-30 to round it out.....  So many tractors so few $$$$$$$

Corley5

Weekend_Sawyer

Well said "so many tractors so little time"

I wend to our local spring equipment auction and passed on a F 12 on steel with cultivators, not bad condition, did not run but it was all there. I bit my lip and turned away, Went for $450,  Then a F 20 on rubber nice condition, older restoration went for $650. I was chewing my nails back. Next to it a 44' M that did not look happy at all, sitting on 3 flat tires, bad rims, bad metal, oil pan was MIA. went for $650. I'm wimperin like a puppy before dinner. Why, why, WHY!! ... glad you asked. I told myself that I am going to finish a tractor prodject before buying any more! That's why. So I'm almost done with a brake job on my 8N, that counts, don't it... ;)
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

redpowerd

just get rid of the ford! :D
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

Fraxinus

Quote from: Weekend_Sawyer on March 21, 2005, 06:59:51 PM

Well said "so many tractors so little time"

I wend to our local spring equipment auction and passed on a F 12 on steel with cultivators, not bad condition, did not run but it was all there. I bit my lip and turned away, Went for $450,  Then a F 20 on rubber nice condition, older restoration went for $650. I was chewing my nails back. Next to it a 44' M that did not look happy at all, sitting on 3 flat tires, bad rims, bad metal, oil pan was MIA. went for $650. I'm wimperin like a puppy before dinner. Why, why, WHY!! ... glad you asked. I told myself that I am going to finish a tractor prodject before buying any more! That's why. So I'm almost done with a brake job on my 8N, that counts, don't it... ;)
Those prices sound pretty good.  That F 20 sounds like the buy of the day.
I went to an auction last spring that had a real nice Super M and I mean REAL nice.  It went for $1950.  I couldn't believe that it went for <$2500.  Same guy had an M that was not restored but purred like a kitten and had power steering (so does mine) and it went for $1250, as I recall.  Sure seemed to be a buyer's mkt last year.  We'll see how it is this year.
They had a real nice looking square baler at that same auction that they practically had to beg for somebody to bid on.

Weekend_Sawyer

Every famly has a black sheep, my brother has a JD 40! :o

Red and Green in the same famly!!  ::)
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Lenny_M

I agree with Redpowered.
Got one of those 8n`s. Great if ya want to race tractors :D High geared and slow hyd.
Got a little 320 JD 2 banger that will pull circles around the 8n.
Hey Fraxinus  Don`t sleep on tha tractor too long. 65 0r 70 miles south puts it in my neiborhood. ??? Wheres it at ??? even north, whats 130 or 140 miles,Just means i can`t drive it home :D
                                          Lenny

redpowerd

DanG, $2k puts it in anyones neighborhood! :D
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

Fraxinus

Quote from: Lenny_M on March 21, 2005, 08:11:15 PM
Hey Fraxinus  Don`t sleep on tha tractor too long. 65 0r 70 miles south puts it in my neiborhood. ??? Wheres it at ??? even north, whats 130 or 140 miles,Just means i can`t drive it home :D
                                          Lenny
Here's a link to it.
http://www.tractorshed.com/cgi-bin/photoads/classifieds.cgi?search_and_display_db_button=on&db_id=95721&query=retrieval
It's located in Dunbarton, NH but the owner lives in Allenstown.  Go for it if you want to.  Much as I'd love to have it, I wouldn't feel bad if somebody else got it.
Where are you located, Lenny?  You've got to come to my tractor show in Woodstock July 16.

Thank You Sponsors!