iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My New to Me Jockey

Started by Corley5, March 19, 2005, 08:06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

I've been on the trail of one of these ever since I first saw one used.  I considered a new one but just couldn't justify the cost for a hobby sawmill and bought an Andrus rotary filer thing instead.  It did fine but just wasn't the same.  Finally one came up on E-bay for the right price and it arrived in the mail today 8) 8) 8) 8).  It appears to have been used very little and has a good rock on it.  I do need to get a manual for it from Hanchet but otherwise it looks ready to go 8) 8) 8).  I love new toys ;) ;D :) :D :D :D

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Buzz-sawyer

Fantastic Greg!
Those things make short work of it, I need the drill part for mine replaced, doing it by hand is pretty fast but I gotta watch the ange of the tooth close, or I drift off :D
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Jeff

You dont need no manual. You got me.  :D 

Turn it over ands look down into it. See the wear strips front and back?  held in with counter sunk machine screws. Is there any grooving in the front strip?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Corley5

8) 8) 8)  A manual that can really help 8) 8) 8) 8)   There's a couple scratches and knicks but not enough to say that there's any real wear ;D ;D

Jeff

What do you need to know?  I'm not sure they even have manuals for them. I worked with one every day for 25 years so Ive broke one every way you can. :D

Jeff

Corley5

How to use it ;)  Setting it up correctly for my saw is my biggest concern

Jeff

I'm easier to get up there then a manual I bet.  :D Its pretty easy.  I set mine up for your saw one time if I remember right. It was a rush job, but only took a couple minutes.

The secret is to start with new teeth, or at least put three new teeth in long enough to do the adjustments, then put the old teeth back in.

Corley5

Sounds good.  You did have your Jockey up here one time.  I'm do for a new set off teeth anyway

Ron Wenrich

So, where do you get the wear strips?  My saw doc doesn't carry them, and said to get them direct from Hanchett.  They don't have a jockey mentioned on their web site.

The manual consists of 1 page.  The front is instructions, the back is the parts list.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Jeff

We have not had a problem getting them from our saw supply shops. Haven't ordered anything in a year or so though. I can get phone numbers if you are in need. 

SawFiler

Just call 800-454-7463 and the instructions/parts list can be sent to you.
The main thing is to get the saw centered between the frames and get your tooth stop set.
Ask for Don or Ralph and we will help you.

Ron Wenrich

Thanks, and welcome aboard.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Thank You Sponsors!