iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Online Banking Rant

Started by Percy, March 19, 2005, 12:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Percy

Do you online bank?? Whats your experience?? Mine has been terrible from the getgo. The bank I deal with is a Canadian one who's name I wont mention but its named after a big city in Quebec. There must be some sort of competition/rivalry between the local branches and the online idiots cause the local people tell me to use the internet(ever since I signed up for the online crap) and the internet people are simply incompetant. I needed a short term loan(6 months, $50,000.00) for a great buy on some WRC logs. My house is paid for and worth a whole lot more than 50 G's I contact the goofs online and they ask what time would be good to call. I tellem online cause ifn I phone , I get the mechano-bot yapper tellin me everthing I dont need to know and what buttton I pushed wrong..Sheeesh. I sit by the phone every day for ten days and no phone call. I ask, agin, online of course. They say they called me several times but the machine they talked to said I was out of the area. Either they dont know how to dial a phone or they are lying. I got the call display, answer machine and uptown cellphone that lets me know every call I missed IF they didnt leave message.  No calls from the Bank Of Incompetance. Not even a suspect INFO UNAVAILABLE call to give the morons some credibility. I givem an earfull, or should I say, a page full, as I cant talk to a human. I didnt curse, nope, lernt long time ago that it dont get you anywhere, was as articulate as I could be, while calling them idiots.  The logs are sold now, to someone else, Im gonna be scramblin for work, reachin up for the bottom of the barrel, thanks to these twerps. Ill bet if I got behind on the loan I couldnt get from these dopes, Id be talkin to a human.

If I stepped over the line here Im sorry...If not, thanks for letting me rant.
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Furby

Not a banking thing, but a couple years ago I was looking into options for a loan, possible refinance of my house.
Always getting stuff in the mail from my then current morgage holder, so I checked online as their flyers said to do.
Even though I had an account with them, I had to fill out several pages of info. Took 15 - 20 mins to put it all together and then hit submit.
Next day I get an email from someone at the company saying they were assigned my application and to call them at this #.
Sent an email back saying that I had filled out the online application as I was just looking for an idea of what they were offering.
Email comes back that if I want info to call them.
Now I'm a little ticked, and reply asking why I had filled out the info online if I needed to call them anyways.
Another email comes back saying that they have over 50 some loan programs and they would have to talk to me in person to figure out what one they would like to offer me.
Now I've had it. They got an email saying that I had told them exactly what I wanted in the application that they designed. Also told them they should redo their website as it was an out right lie stating they would provide info online, and that I could not for the life of me figure out how they expected me to spend all that time entering info and then have to call and reapply. Told them I would not be doing any new business with them and would be changing lenders.
They didn't even care they lost me.

KiwiCharlie

Hi Percy,
Go ahead and rant - feels better now huh?!  :D ;)
Online banking security is an issue down here right now.  Peoples accounts being hacked into etc.  The banks seem to be behind the 8 ball on this issue.  As fast as they upgrade security, hackers find a way round it.  One banks got the right idea, as when you log in with your password, another is automatically sent as a text message to your mobile (varies each time obviously) and you need that one to actually get into the site.  This gets round the key-stroke logging issue, as each time the final password is different.  Now I wish my bank would get on board.  ::) >:(
Cheers
Charlie.
Walk tall and carry a big Stihl.

sigidi

I've been online banking down here in Aus for over 6 years, admittedly with two of the largest banks here in Aus but have not had any prob's with 'em. but for loans I've always been inside to talk to a person, haven't got em all but allways inside...
Always willing to help - Allan

Ernie

I'm with you on the loan thing Si

Always talk to the manager in his office, the personal touch is best.  As my daddy used to say "when the bank manager stops buying you a coffee, you don't owe him enough money"

We bank at the TSB Bank, it is owned in Taranaki, has no fees of any kind except for .40 for an automatic payment and the $3.00 stamp duty for a cheque book.  Interest of course on the mortgage.
No eftpos or atm charges, no account maintence charges and staff that treat you as if you were their best customer.  I can call up and get past transactions checked for free, It's really a great bank.

The spreadsheets that I have made up to do my books and taxes will take the transaction downloads direct from the online data and once I categorize them automatically turn out the returns for Inland revenue both GST, Farm partnership and personal

No complaints at all.

There is no problem with hacking into the accounts as long as I do everything from my computer at home.

Ernie
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Percy

I agree the personal touch is the best way to go, but the local branch tells me, that as Im signed up for online banking, I should contact an "online loan consultant" from their bank. Cant get through, they are from Toronto(head office) about 3500 miles away from me. The online thing is great for following transactions, checking balances, stuff like that. But they dont know how to talk to people and when they mess up, they lie or make up an excuse cause, they cant admitt the system is flawed.
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Quartlow

We do all out banking at the bank, of course its only 6 miles away and a local bank still, but for how long who knows  ::)

We do pay almost all of bills online though, the only one's that get a check is the cable bill and the electric.
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

chisel

Percy,
I lived just outside of Montreal from '97-'01. While I did not bank at BMO, the place I did my banking (I had both a personal and business acct.) was absolutely terrible in terms of customer service. I switched to TD and I couldn't believe the difference in service. The service at TD was more like what I was used to, and they were always helpful and apologetic if I had to wait very long. While I was happy w/ TD's online banking services, I did not try to borrow any money.

If you don't have a business acct., I'd suggest opening one since the bankers seemed to take more notice of me because I had one.
YMMV
HTH

Thank You Sponsors!