iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Update on Jon

Started by Quartlow, March 18, 2005, 06:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quartlow

Well I went and got feed this afternoon. Pulled in backed up to the dock and wondered inside. walked up through the mill to th eoffice and guess what, no Jon to be seen  >:( I'm thinking don't tell me that fool quit. Or worse yet did something to get fired. Wlked into the office and ole Jerry sees me gives me a dirty look and walks right over. I'm thinking well here it comes. He strarts out with "I got a bone to pick with you" I put on my best innocent look, looked around and said who me? He says yeah you, you didn't tell me that guy was smart and gets a big grin on his face. Turkey!! he had me going for a minute. Seems Jon got this bright Idea to move some stuff around to make things easier and it worked.  ;D He did that on tuesday, Apparently he has had a couple ideas to make things easier. He also tolds me if he can't find anything to do he comes and asks for something to do.

So basicly is so far so good, Lets hope he keeps it up
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Ernie

Hey Quartlow

You done good with the lad.

I know a lot of NZ kids that we could send up to you 8) 8) 8).  The government is too PC to suggest that they work.

Ernie

A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Ga_Boy

Quartlow,

You done good.

That has gotta make you feel good inside.   8) 8) 8)

Mark
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Fla._Deadheader

This thread just keeps getting better and better.

I hope that when you see Jon, you tell him that he is a big hit on the FF and we are all pulling for him.  You done good, helping the couple out. Proun to know you.  8) 8) ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

maple flats

Great job. Really makes you feel good when you help another and they work hard to help themselves. Also reaffirms your belief in mankind. You did good and it shows. 8) 8) ;)
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Ernie

Maple Flats

Since this forum is read in New Zealand  would you kindly not use sexist non PC terms like MANKIND  here we are supposed to say peoplekind. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ernie
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

fstedy

These post express my sentiments exactaly on Jon. I'm proud to be associated with people like you Quartlow.
                       JOB WELL DONE
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

Faron

I love it when a plan comes together! 8)
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

asy

Fantastic, good on Jon!!!

Quartlow, I just bet you are proud as punch, and so you should be!!!

May just send my son over to you...   hehe...

I must say, the best employee I ever had was one who used to come to me when he though he'd finished what needed doing and asked whether there was anything else to do, or did I have any jobs for him.  Never ceased to impress me.  Others would sit around playing on the net, or talking on the phone, and when I asked what was going on, I'd get...  "There's nothing to do"... Needless to say I could always find something...  Frustrating though...

Tell Jon we are all proud of him and to make sure he keeps it up!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

KiwiCharlie

Hi Quartlow,
This has been a great thread or 2 to follow.  After your initial post, who would have thought we would have ended up here!
If you ever get to needin full time help, we know where your going to headhunt from now dont we!  :D
I reckon you should print these threads out, and one day, if and when the time is right, give them to Jon.  Im sure he'd be amazed.
Cheers
Charlie.
Walk tall and carry a big Stihl.

etat

Some people huh? :)

I sure do like hearing about this and that's a fact.  Thanks first to wife who helped 'drag' him back to make his apologies for the way he acted the first time, young, dumb and stupid. I just betcha he was feeling bad about it anyways or he probably wouldn't a come back no matter what she said. Who knows, perhaps he was thinking the whole world was falling down on him and he didn't stand a chance  

A special.  special thanks to you for overlooking this and giving him a chance. Especially in a day and age where second chances or fighting chances are hard to come by. The fact is perhaps, just perhaps,  the lad is on the path to turning into a productive citizen with a new outlook on life. 

I like to think big. Just maybe you set into motion a chain of events that will effect  his whole life and future including that of his wife and his unborn child.  Made a friend in the process.

All in all not a bad day's work.   :) 
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

KiwiCharlie

Hey Charles,
All I have to say is - well said!  Great post.  smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
Cheers
Charlie.
Walk tall and carry a big Stihl.

sigidi

Great to hear Quartlow, and you must be really happy, that a little bit of effort on your part has managed to bring out such a decent fella.

Good stuff and fill us all in as things progress further
Always willing to help - Allan

Quartlow

Sheesh guys it wasn't anything big, I think he had it in himself all along he just didn't realize it. I just gave him a nudge.
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Weekend_Sawyer

Geez, I thought this thread was about me!! ;D ;D

I have often had to tell people that there is no H in Jon.
My Mother gave me the spelling just because she liked it, and mabe thought it would be easier for me to spell :D

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Engineer

DanG right, you is.  No 'H' in Jon. 

Problem is, my father is JoHn.  So I ain't a Junior.  Confuses the heck out of folks who call me Junior and I say I'm not.

Another JON in VT.

Weekend_Sawyer

Howmany Jon's do we have here?
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

redpowerd

NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

asy

I always thought 'Jon' was a diminutive of 'Jonathan, whereas 'John' was a name in of itself...

I think thats how it started out anyway...

redpowerd

some spell me 'johnathan'. thats really annoying. im the 18th on dads side.
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Engineer

I'm JON, no added letters in the middle or on the end.  That's it.

I could have been HUGO (the THIRD) in my family.  Glad my parents thought that through.

sawguy21

Quartlow, you have really brightened my day. Maybe he did have it in him and you just pointed him in the right direction but that is the key isn't it. Otherwise, he might have continued to drift rudderless and maybe lost a fine wife and family along the way. Nancy may have made mistakes but that girl sounds like she has a head on her shoulders. Well done we are proud to know you.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

asy

Quote from: sawguy21 on March 22, 2005, 09:21:29 AM
Nancy may have made mistakes but that girl sounds like she has a head on her shoulders. Well done we are proud to know you.

Sure sounds like she's got a better head on her shoulders than his father has :(

Quartlow

They just left here a few minutes ago, we had some ice cream and talked about the job some. He's real happy right now.  Apparently everyone at the mill likes him so thats a plus.  Doesn't seem like the same guy I met just 2 weeks ago.
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

MemphisLogger

Quartlow,

I do believe you be that boys fairy godmother  ;) :D ;D
Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

Thank You Sponsors!