iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Practicing forestry without a degree

Started by Riles, March 16, 2005, 10:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riles

After several fits and starts, the NC Dept of Forestry got my trees in the ground. Nine acres of loblolly and two acres of yellow poplar. Plus we hand planted 100 red oaks and red maples along the future driveway. Might be real pretty in 20 years. Haven't seen the bill yet, but the state ran out of subsidy money before they got to me.

Most of the trees went into old pasture with a few deep rocks. Poor kid sitting in the back of the planter had to shove trees into the trench while holding on for dear life. Probably would do well in the rodeo.
Knowledge is good -- Faber College

Riles

First time putting a picture in. Kid must've fallen off...

Knowledge is good -- Faber College

maple flats

I used a planter like that setting white spruce several years as scoutmaster. Our troop for several years sold cut your own Christmas trees and planted the following spring 3 to 4 times as many as we sold. We had great fun.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Thank You Sponsors!