iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

First post

Started by bioguy, March 16, 2005, 11:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bioguy

Have been reading (and learning!) from you guys for a couple of months. Decided it was time to jump on board and say Hi.
Have been researching and debating buying a sawmill for a couple of years. I guess with the last name of Miller, it was only a matter of time!!
Bought a used WM 25L a few weeks ago. Have only cut a couple hundred board feet so far. Lots to learn.
I have 10 acres of softwoods, and 10 acres of hardwoods here on the farm. Lots of nice ash, so part of the plan is to use the ash before I lose them to the EAB.

Dave

bioguy

Texas Ranger

Welcome aboard, you have just joined a world wide family of folks that like what we do.  If you have a question, pick the appropriate board and fire away.  Along with a good time with good folks, you'll get good answers.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

tnlogger

welcome to the forum bioguy great place to learn. :) a good mill
When you get a chance fill in your profile and plant a tree.
gene

farmerdoug

Bioguy,

Welcome to the Forum.  I assume you live in or close to Michigan.  Fill out your profile like Tnlogger says and we will know where you are.  You maybe close to some other members. 8) 8) 8)
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

fstedy

WELCOME
             smiley_biggrin01
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

EZ

Welcome to the forum, Mr. Miller. ;D
EZ

asy

Hiya Dave...

I'm really new here too, good to see I'm no longer 'the newest'..  hehehe

They seem a friendly bunch, don't seem to bite too hard...  ;)

What's an EAB?

Look forward to learnin' with you!

asy :D

Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Ernie

Hi BioGuy

Good folk here, you will enjoy the company particularly if you're into GRITS 8) 8) 8) 8)

Ernie

A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

bioguy

Hiya asy - EAB is the Emerald Ash Borer. This is an imported insect pest from Asia which is devastating the ash trees here in southern Michigan. I live in  a quarantined area. We can use the ash if we remove and destroy the bark. The latest thing I have heard is that there is no state money to try to contain the insect (like they tried last summer), so we can only stand back and watch the results. I plan to turn some of those beautiful straight trees into a couple of barns here on the farm before the trees are no good.

Ernie - I have tried grits, and I like 'em!!
bioguy

asy

Quote from: bioguy on March 17, 2005, 08:28:47 AM
Hiya asy - EAB is the Emerald Ash Borer. This is an imported insect pest from Asia which is devastating the ash trees here in southern Michigan. I live in  a quarantined area. We can use the ash if we remove and destroy the bark. The latest thing I have heard is that there is no state money to try to contain the insect (like they tried last summer), so we can only stand back and watch the results. I plan to turn some of those beautiful straight trees into a couple of barns here on the farm before the trees are no good.

Ernie - I have tried grits, and I like 'em!!

Aaah thanks!

Don't forge to take and post lots of photos!!!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

sigidi

Dave G'day from down under - although I'm not the first to say it.

WARNING
get off the forum now!!! cut that Ash! or you will be beaten to it by the Borers - this place is too addictive, but maybe you already caught it ;) :D
Always willing to help - Allan

Sawing Logz

Welcome aBoard. ::) And try like i do to keep up with all the fun. :D

Jeff
City Forrest Treecycler

maple flats

Welcome. Don't let it keep you from your work. This sometimes can take over and you just stay glued to the FF instead of doing what needs doing. But it sure is fun, and the experts on FF can help you with every question you come up with. All you need to do is correctly determin which answer is the right one for your question, HA!
Again I say WELCOME 8) 8)
  8) 8)  WELCOME  8)  ABOARD  8) from  8)  Maple  8)  Flats  8) 8)  
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Fraxinus

Welcome, bioguy.  I ain't been here too long myself.
I'm sure we'll hear all about the EAB at our annual meeting of the NH Arborist Association here in a couple of weeks.  Also updates on other pests like the wooly adelgid, Asian Longhorn Beetle, etc.
I think we are going to have another visit from Dr. Shigo.  He lives in the same town that the meeting is held: Barrington, NH.
Grandchildren, Bluegrass music, old tractors, trees and sawmills.  It don't get no better'n that!

Thank You Sponsors!