iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Escape From the Cold

Started by Kirk_Allen, March 15, 2005, 08:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirk_Allen

Made my way to Toms today and enjoyed some steaks cooked on the grill!

Site seeing tomarrow 8)

chet

There ain't much better than a slab of beef cooked over a wood fire. My taste buds are waterin'.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Curlywoods

Those are not steaks!  They look like full quarters to me  :D  Looks like some good eatin' :)  Any day spent with Tom would be a good un' in my book  :)  Kirk you are now the "Travelling Sawyer" 8)
All the best,

Michael Mastin
McKinney Hardwood Lumber
McKinney, TX

Buzz-sawyer

Those steaks look as thick as the ones in the picture with Charlie , the only thing I dont see is the JD in a water glass, maybe it was used on the steaks this time?
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Kirk_Allen

Mike, thats what I told Tom.  I took one look at them steaks and said those arent steaks, thats a side of beef! 

Sure was tasty.

Cant get any cutting done while Im here though. Locals say its to cold to work outside :D  They need to come up north.  ;D

tnlogger

Why kirk he just fatting ya up for tommow. :D :D
reeemember all he pays is a can o peas ta help him saw.
Now u makes shore he feeds ya a good mess a GRITS in the morning for ya gets going
ya'll have a good time ya here  :) :)
gene

Paschale

Quote from: Chet on March 15, 2005, 08:56:57 PM
There ain't much better than a slab of beef cooked over a wood fire. My taste buds are waterin'.

I guess great minds think alike!  In the winter, I'll sometimes get some serious coals going in the fireplace, then slap a camping grill on top and cook me up a steak, which is exactly what I did for dinner tonight.  Can't beat it! 

I'm jealous of ya Kirk...it's nice to see green grass and people in t-shirts, particularly red ones.   ;)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

asy

Oookay...

I'm learnin' me amerikan...

"STEAK"  is translated to Australian as "Warm the @rse of a cow and throw it on a plate"...

I see now.....

hehehe

Oh, and too cold? Does that mean it was LESS than about 18C?

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

sawguy21

asy, that was funny :D :D :D. You aussies certainly have your own way of doing things.. Yes, 18 is cold for the Florida residents. Their furnaces kick in at 20!!! Steak on the grill ahhh breakfast of champions!
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Roxie

Kirk, did he make you carve your own utensil before you could eat or is that an honor he reserves only for his family?   :D
Say when

Kirk_Allen

Thick Sliice Bacon, Eggs, Toast, Coffee and ....................................GRITS 8) 8) 8)

Breakfast for champions!

Jeff

Been there. Done that. I recognize that expression...  :D (grits) :-\  ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

MULE_MAN

KIRK

You were on a roll, until you mention GRITS   :D   :D  :D  ;D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

tnlogger

Kirk we might haves us another convert here on da GRITS side.  ;D  :D :D :D :D
gene

Timber_Framer

Ya might not get me on the grits but seeing as how my smoker, grill and fire pit are all still under at least four feet of snow those steak is killin me 8)
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

asy

Aaaah snow...

I remember it fondly...

I took the kids once for a play in some snow. Few hours drive, hour or two in the snow, few hours back.

That was enough.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Kirk_Allen

Well today Tom gave me the grand tour.  Spent the day visiting cusomers and generaly "Pickin & Grinin" ;D  You see, its STILL to cold to cut anything......................NOT ;D

He took me to see a Corley saw.  OK, You guys with circle saws are bonified wackos :o  I had NO IDEA of the danger involved in operating a Circle saw.  My hats off to you guys.   I just may be a bandmill whimp ;D

You see, when the sawyer laughs and points to debris stuck in the ceiling or holes in the roof from flyhing teeth I can only say ............NOT FOR ME!

From there we went to Tommy's place.  What a hoot.  Good Folks! 

Got to get on the road early tomarrow so I have to bring my visit to an end.  Stay tuned for the next stop!

Weekend_Sawyer

Aint it great to meet another FF member AND eat GRITZ!!! :D
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Corley5

What model Corley is that ???  That's a good looking setup.  Wish time would have let me get up that way.  There's always next year ;)  Flying debris and teeth ??? no big deal ;)  It usually goes straight up  8) 8) 8) 8) 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Tom

lIt's a Corley 4045 that his Grandad bought new in 1953.  John Drew says he was cutting a pretty good board when he was 12.  :D

Tom

Kirk just drove out of the drive, headed for the panhandle of Florida.  He has a business meeting there at 6 tonight and it'll take him the better part of the day to get there.  I-10 is a long, lonely, straight, uninteresting road.  I don't envy him the trip.   

It rained all night last night and hasn't stopped even yet.  We weren't able to walk the woods, but I did get to show him a little of the Hard wood ridge that runs through the place.  He could see the area where the tree with the hole in the bottom is located, that Jeff and I played around with when he was here.  It was just too wet to walk around in the stuff.   I wanted to take him to the creek but don't think my 4x4 would make the trip.  When you get one of them stuck, you have a mess. :D

The visit was a lot of fun.  Kirk is a very congenial young fellow, willing to listen as well as talk.  I am always excited for friends who visit to meet my friends and customers who live here.   Kirk seemed to enjoy them and the drive too. 

Kirk had caught a cold in Savanna and was feeling pretty bad by the time he got here.  He bought out the local drugstore and was swallowing OTC medicines and sniffing Afrin all day yesterday. 

Going to bed last night with a throbbing head he awoke with the cold in his chest this morning and was feeling a little better.   That's a bad situation, to have to travel like that.   Hopefully he's on the mend now.

We went to a "long-time" local Bar-B-Cue house, called "The Pig" (original, eh?) last night and he was introduced to mustard based sauce. The Dang boy picked up the tab.  :-\   I had myself a couple of orders of Ribs off of the "all you can eat" menu.  Man! they were good.  The beans, french fries and a bi-ig glass of Iced, sweetened tea made my evening.

We didn't get any TV watching done, so I turned on the news this morning to find that California sentenced that Scott Peterson guy to death and found Robert Blake guilty.  That was enough, I turned it off before anymore "entertainment news" spewed forth, and Kirk and I took a short walk to the edge of the woods before he left.

We had a good visit and I would have enjoyed having him around longer.  My impression of Kirk at the pig roast was correct and I found him to be a genuinely nice young man with an apparent good work ethic and eyes on success.   :)

Corley5

Robert Blake=not guilty ;)  Hope ya get to feeling better before to long Kirk.  That southern bug is a nasty one :(
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

DanG

Minor correction there, Tom.  Robert Blake was found NOT guilty. ;)  Say's he's broke now, and needs a job.  Maybe he could get on as a spokesperson for the NRA. ::) :D :D :D

Any chance you gave Kirk my phone number?  He'll be passing right by my place.  I know he'll have a time crunch on his hands, but a howdy-do and a cuppa joe would be better than nuthin.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

He's on his way to Darlington, Dan.  I told him where you were but couldn't find your pnone number.

I'm sending you an IM

Guess I'll have to turn that confounded machine back on and listen again. :-\   Dad-gummed people talk too fast.  My brain can't switch gears fast enough to keep up with them.  I might have to wait on the newspaper. :D

DanG

Darlington? ???  Where's that?  It don't even show up on my map.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Thank You Sponsors!