iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood-Mizer Way Magazine

Started by DR_Buck, March 14, 2005, 09:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigman

Jeff and family won the midwest region of Wood-Mizers personal best competition in catagory 6, miscellaneous exterior projects, with his new pool fence he sawed on his WM-30 sawmill. Here is a picture similar to the one in the mag. I couldn't find the one where the fence is finished.

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

beenthere

Congratulations to Jeff, Tammy and Stacey. 

Good plug for the FF in that article as well.  Well done.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

pigman

Just noticed that a forum member won the west region of "homes and major structures"  8).  Loren Wesson, aka Oregon_Sawyer, is a long time member.

sprucebunny

isawlogs got an honouable mention for the shop/garage he built  8)

Congratulations, everyone  :)
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Bibbyman

We've not got our WMW mag yet but I looked through the PDF from the WM site and I'm overwhelmed by all the projects that were entered. Good work everyone!!
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

pigman

Quote from: Bibbyman on December 20, 2005, 09:09:33 AM
We've not got our WWW mag yet...
Maybe if you would say a few kind words about Wood-Mizer you would get your magazine sooner. ;) ;D

Brucer

There was a topic here a few months back hinting at this, and I was 99% certain they were talking about Jeff. Congrations Tammy, Jeff and Stacy, AND Oregon_Sawyer AND isawlogs.

Quote from: Bibbyman on December 19, 2005, 09:22:19 PM
We've not got the lastest one eather.  But not everyone gets it on the same day.  Looks like it takes a week or more before they get out to everybody.

More like 2 months in my case. I noticed that the back cover of mine has the address for WM Canada printed (not stamped) on the back. Still says "printed in the USA", but definitely a different print run. Guess that slows it down.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

bull

finally got mine yesterday !!!! :o

Bibbyman

Quote from: bull on December 24, 2005, 11:39:53 AM
finally got mine yesterday !!!! :o

Me too!  Boy! What fantastic work went into those projects!  Congratulations all!   8)
Sawing since '94

DR_Buck

:(   It's Christmas and I've still not seen the latest edition.   I took a peak at the on-line version, but I'd rather sit and read the real thing!
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

whitey

I don't have a wm mill but have got a couple issues over the years. I think it depends on how many bands I  order and how many I send in to resharp .
           Whitey
you  don't have to be crazy to cut juniper but it sure helps !

Weekend_Sawyer

It's rainin bull frogs here! Washin the gullies clean.
Sooo instead of goin out and cutting slabwood like I had planned. I sat down to catch up on my magazine reading. Well what to my surprize do I see but Jeff and Tammy's fence project.

Congratulations :) And having seen the fence close up I must say it is VERY well done.

I don't own a woodmizer, I love my Norwood! 8)
But I buy woodmizer blades and I guess that's enough for them to send me the mag.

My question is, How many issus in a row does that make it that FF members have been in the mag?

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Jeff

I have information that leads me to believe that the forestry forum is going to be included as a whole story in the upcoming issue. Unless plans change, thats the word we heard from Deanna. 8)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Cedarman

Now that could be a thick magazine. ;D ;D
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Oregon_Sawyer

Pigman:

Woodmizer sent me a card that said I was a winner  but they didn't tell me what.

I still haven't got my magazine yet.  You would think a winner would has his already :D :D

Loren and Julia Wasson
Sawing with a WM since 98. LT 70 42hp Kubota walk behind. 518 Skidder. Ramey Log Loader. Serious part-timer. Western Red Cedar and Doug Fir.  Teamster Truck Driver 4 days a week.

sparks

Oregon_Sawyer, email me your address and I'll see to it you get your copy. You are flagged as accepting mailing so maybe we got something wrong on the address.   Thanks
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

DR_Buck

Hey Sparks   Where's my copy?  ???
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

sparks

DR_Buck send me your address and I'll get one in the mail. Oregon_Sawyer, I sent yours out yesterday.
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Frank_Pender

Geeeeee whizzzzzz, I even got a copy in the snail mail, yesterday.   I got one before Loren. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ::) ::) ::)

It must be because I purchased 5 band blads for my Hudson, from them. :)
Frank Pender

Coon

How do I go about getting "The Woodmizer Way"??  I have been a Woodmizer owner for about three years now and have only read a couple of issues that they sent to me when I was inquiring about purchasing a new mill.  Keep in mind that I ended up purchasing a used LT40HD24G locally.  That's obviously the reason why I do not get the magazine.  It sure would be nice to read more on what other customers are doing.  I may also even be more interested in placing an article on my milling and woodlot.
Thanks in advance.
Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

ronwood

Coon,

Did you register your mill with Woodmizer? That might get you on the mailing list.
I have not seen my copy yet either. Not sure how Bibbyman got his and not me. Hopefully it is still coming.

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Bibbyman

Quote from: ronwood on December 28, 2005, 01:26:23 PM
Coon,

Did you register your mill with Woodmizer? That might get you on the mailing list.
I have not seen my copy yet either. Not sure how Bibbyman got his and not me. Hopefully it is still coming.

Ron

I'm older.  They knew it'd take me longer to read mine...   ;D
Sawing since '94

Paschale

Quote from: Coon on December 28, 2005, 11:56:02 AM
Keep in mind that I ended up purchasing a used LT40HD24G locally.  That's obviously the reason why I do not get the magazine. 

I bought mine used from my great uncle, but I think the reason I receive the magazine is because I called them to order the manuals for the mill, which got me registered with them, as ronwood suggested.  Just give 'em a call, and they'll gladly add you to the mailing list.
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

ronwood

Bibbyman,

You said it not me  :) :) :) :)

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Thank You Sponsors!