iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood-Mizer Way Magazine

Started by DR_Buck, March 14, 2005, 09:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR_Buck

Every once in a while I see a post that references something in the current Wood-Mizer Way  magazine.  My question is:  Are you receiving this regularly in the mail?  If so, how often.   It seems to be hit and miss for me.   I either get it a month or more after reading a reference to the latest issue, or I may not be getting it at all.  It's hard to tell.    I don't know the frequency of publication.   In the year or so since I purchased my mill I've only received a few issues.

The last issue I received was the one that listed Arky's monumental sawing effort.  And, I only received it after reading about it here on the forum and calling Wood-Mizer to ask them about it.  Then they sent me a copy almost a month after everyone else had received it.

Are others having the same issue?
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

WH_Conley

Heck, I bought my mill new in '97 and have bought parts since then and this is the first I have heard of it.

Don't guess I'm much help, am I ?
Bill

Bibbyman

Wood-Mizer Way is a new version of Wood-Mizer News. First issue came out in Summer of 2004.  Wood-Mizer published Wood-Mizer News a couple times a year along with another called Wood-Mizer Technical (or something like that) another couple times a year.  So one or the other would come every couple of months.   Then they suspended publishing one or both for awhile.

In REAL SMALL PRINT it has the Deanna Bunten as Editor dbunten@woodmizer.com.  If you're a Wood-Mizer owner and are not getting the Wood-Mizer Way,  you might try e-mailing her with your customer number and address.  Or just call Wood-Mizer 1-800-553-0182..
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

SawDust_Studios

I just bought mine last summer and only ever received the Woodmizer news.  2 issues, I think.

dave
Making Sawdust on a Woodmizer LT40SHD CAT 51 /WM Twin Blade Edger and WM DH Kiln

pigman

I receiced my Wood-Mizer Way magazine today. 8)  I assume all WM owners got their's today too. :P
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Bibbyman

Got mine.   8)

Did you see David Barnes, A.K.A. ARKANSAWYER, got honorable mention in the "Best Business" contest?

I think he should divide his winnings with all the Forestry Forum members.  What do you think?
Sawing since '94

pigman

I saw David's name at the top of the division 2 list. 8) Of course the names were in alphabetical order. ;) I agree, he should share his winnings, he could not have won without us. :D

Kirk_Allen

Quote from: Bibbyman on April 13, 2005, 10:07:46 PM

got honorable mention

Did he win? 

Haven't got my copy yet.  I will be in Indy in the morning for a show and plan on stopping by WM to pick up some blades so I will pick up a copy while I'm there. 

Hey Dave, If you won, congratulations.  And as far as the winnings........................KEEP THEM ALL TO YOURSELF!  YOU EARNED IT!  Thanks for all you great advice!

Bibbyman

Arky didn't win.   They had three categories where they had winners.  It wasn't clear what the categories were other than maybe small, medium, and large. ???

The winners were.

Category 1, 
Jason Smith
Wesbury Lumber Company
Red Creek, NY

He has an LT300 with their new E430 edger and conveyor system.

Category 2,
Mike Gogo
Mike Gogo Cedar Mills
Nanaimo, Vancouver Island, BC

He has two LT40 Supers – at least one with 43' of extra bed.

Category 3,

John Nieminen
Cooks Run Cedar, Inc.
Iron River, Michigan

He has an LT40.  From the picture it must be a Super with Command Control.

Looks like the North and East took all the prizes.

Maybe someone that entered the contest can explain the categories.

Sawing since '94

OneWithWood

Being close to Indy apparently has no advantages.  I have not received my copy yet.  I always seem to get mine about a week after Bibby.  Maybe it goes out by seniority. . .

Koodos to Arky.  There is a person who knows how to get after what he wants and does it in style. 8)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

DR_Buck

Definitely not by seniority.......I got my copy today. ;D :D ;D :D
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Paschale

Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

bull

Got mine yesterday.... Also have every issue of woodmizer news back to 1998....
If the wifes tells me to clean up my bookshelf again maybe I'll put them out for bid
or start a library...  lots of good reading...

cut2size

I think that I have all of them from 1987.  I got my new copy yesterday.  They said that everyone that submitted an article about their business got $250 off merchandise, so Arky did win something at least.  He is the essence of woodmizer and I would have enjoyed reading his article among the winners.  Maybe he will send us a copy of his submission.
David
cut2size

woodman

I,m looking for mine not here on the 22ed.
Jim Cripanuk

OneWithWood

I was getting worried but it finally showed up yesterday, the 15th.  That business division II had a lot of competition.  Now I understand why Arky wants to borrow all that money to expand.  Division I only had a few entrants.  :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

MULE_MAN

I got mine Thursday & my Monster Logrite Cant hook Friday . LIfe is Good !!!    :D  :D   ;D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

Engineer

Got my issue yesterday.  I was hoping to put my new house in the Personal Best contest, but the fine print says it has to be completed, and the house ain't gonna be done before the deadline.  So I gotta wait 2 more years.   :(

I didn't even buy my WM from them - I got it used, second owner, but because they did repair work on it and logged me in as a customer, I get the magazine (and all kinds of postcards and mail and so forth, tempting me to buy a new mill....).

I gotta important question - are any of the winners (and how many of the runners-up) Forestry Forum members?  If not, they oughta be.

Bibbyman

A reminder to Wood-Mizer mill owners that the closing of enteries for the Personal Best Contest is coming up in a few days – August, 31.   This opportunity only comes around every two years.

Wood-Mizer gives away a total of $30,000.00 in prize credits to 30 winners in 6 categories.

Here is a link to the Wood-Mizer web page with info on the contest and pictures of previous winning entries.

Wood-Mizer Personal Best Contest
Sawing since '94

Dana

I just recievied issue #70 today. Congratulations Mary on the write up!
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

sparks

If you bought  a used Wood-Mizer and you have not registered it with us please do. It gets you all the mailings we send out to owners.
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

pigman

I got my Wood- Mizer Way magazine today.  It has this years winners of the personal best competition. 8)   The category 6, Miscellaneous Exterior Projects, has a mighty fine looking wood fence and gate. That thing sure looks familar, think I saw it this summer.  Congrations Tammy, Jeff and Stacy. smiley_applause

beenthere

Pigman
Don't get the WM mag, what has happened?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Bibbyman

Quote from: beenthere on December 19, 2005, 09:09:08 PM
Pigman
Don't get the WM mag, what has happened?

We've not got the lastest one eather.  But not everyone gets it on the same day.  Looks like it takes a week or more before they get out to everybody.

HEY!  They've got the latest issue out on their web site in PDF format.

Everyone can take a look.== > Wood-Mizer Way
Sawing since '94

Ianab

Skim down to page 11 and see if you recognise any names  ;)
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Thank You Sponsors!