iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Milling Eucalypt

Started by Ernie, March 14, 2005, 05:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie

This is the next log for the mill,  we saved the butt log until we had done a bit on the second one.  Will get some pix part way through and post them

Alf and Ernie
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

SawDust_Studios

Never milled it, but made some real  nice cabinets from it.  Real nice stuff.  I'd image you can flat saw it with the straight grain it has.  Don't know if q-saw has many benefits, but with a log that nice, I'd sure find out.    ;D
Making Sawdust on a Woodmizer LT40SHD CAT 51 /WM Twin Blade Edger and WM DH Kiln

Ianab

Hi Ernie

Hope you are q-sawing that log.
Not sure what species of Euc you have there, but many of the local ones seem very unstable  ::)
The one I sawed up before Christmas has twisted and curled up a bit, despite being stickered up under a cube of so of Mac. The q-sawn boards were the most stable, but I'll still be able to use most of it for smaller projects once I cut it down.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Ernie

Thanks Ian

Flat sawing till we are through the sapwood then Q'saw through the heart then flat saw the rest.

Ernie
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Thank You Sponsors!