Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Swede

::) Fla._Dh.  Can just say...............there is no single reason why my turner/clamp shouldn´t work much better than Your simple stuff. ;D
Do you only saw perfect logs down there? :D :D :D Do You run them in a turner before get them upto the HomeMizer? ;D

Mine is made in two parts, one (V-shaped) swinging up/down by a hydr. cylinder. The other (arm with a plate) is swinging by an other cylinder but also forced towards the log by two springs, now much stronger than on the picture. Thats why the hole for the cylinders "rear" bolt is not round, the bolt can slide in the hole while the springs are working/log is turning. See, that cylinders stroke is 6" and the hole is 4x3/4".
With the V-shaped part down and the plate puched I can clamp a log 5x5".

Pulling the wrong level a big log can jump up in one end and get placed ACROSS the frame. :D :D The audience use to love it, I don´t. smiley_blush
Can You do that Turn-a-cross? ;D

Swede.
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

Fla._Deadheader

That's the beauty of them sunken logs, Swede. They ARE perfect ::) ;D ;D

We load the skids with the backhoe or the truck. From there, we use the cant hook and the hydraulic loader on the mill. We have no "Turner" , just cant hooks.

We saw from 24" long to 24' long. We saw from 6" dia. to 37" dia. That clamp works for all sizes and shapes. We saw curved logs for Tables and Benches and we saw angled logs for oval shaped pieces. The clamp will lift any weight, then we use the cant hook, once the turn has been started. It will not turn a log or cant 90°, unless I take time to mess around with it. It does work slow, but, we haven't pitched a log off the wrong side, yet. ;D ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

hillbilly

We growem tall and lean here where we live my older brothers are 6,6'' 190  ,6,2''200 and that leaves me the lightest but still the youngest and best looking ;D at 6,5'' 180 summertime I get down there to around 174lbs they work us pretty hard abuot that time no shrimps no whimps but I sure try to use leverage every chance I get Ill have to get me one of those MONSTER TAMING ARKY STICKS ;)
                    HAVE A GOOD EASTER BOY'S
                            HILLBILLY 

Swede

I see, Fla._Dh,  them sinkers is perfect, uhumm.  :-\ You are still trying to get me out on the water full of terrible  crocodiles in and snakes hanging in the trees over, aren´t You? ;D :D

So  You DO use the hook for turning! Now I´m calmed down some.   ;)

Swede.
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

Fla._Deadheader

Sorry I had ya disillusioned, or maybe dillusional ::) ::) :D :D :D :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Thank You Sponsors!