iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How do you keep up with FF?

Started by Buzz-sawyer, March 13, 2005, 02:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz-sawyer

I always want to see the postings I missed while off line, so I usually try the button for "since your last visit"
But my favorite page is  RECENT POSTS (the last 10 posts,) which I belive actually allows us to see the last 20 . I only wish it showed maybe, 50, so I could double check to see if I missed ANYTHING since I logged on :D
that just seems sad, but I am really interested in ALL the posts on this forum.......it borders on being a HOBBY or MANIA ;)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

tnlogger

Buzz the only way i can keep up is

Total Time Spent Online:    7 days, 2 hours and 14 minutes  :D :D :D
and thats just not near nough time  ;D guess i needs to sleep less and get pat her own putor she says i spend way to much time here. but at least now shes quit asking whats so funny all she does is cut them eyes ats me and sighs. ;D
gene

sawman

Buzz I think the proper terminology in your situation is

ADDICTION 

;D ;D ;D ;D
'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

Buzz-sawyer

HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Jeff

Have you tried the link at the top of the page? Show unread posts since last visit?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sandmar

I use it Jeff......believe me,it is NOT a time saver........that's cause I read 'em all  ;D

Sandmar.....and yes I am an ADDICT also  ;)

farmerdoug

Buzz,

I just open each board one at a time and read all of the new postings and add some to them ocasionally.  ;D I spent about as much time as you do here for now but my busy season is starting so I will be dropping in less and less for a while. ::)
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Captain

It is certainly not easy.  I can not claim to read all threads on every board, but I do follow ones with interest.  It is just a time factor.   :(

Captain

TN_man

I agree with Captain. Here lately my time has been claimed by other things. I just have to hit the topics that I think I might be able to contribute to or learn from the most.
WM LT-20 solar-kiln Case 885 4x4 w/ front end loader  80 acre farm  little time or money

Buzz-sawyer

I dont actually read ALL the posts I just like to at least read a line or two of them and see if I am missing anything interesting to me....... :)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

DanG

I used to read every word, but can't do it anymore.  Now I pick and choose the topics.  Sometimes I'll ignore a thread because the title doesn't seem interesting, then when it gets 3 pages long I figger I'd better check it out.  Most times, I find that the subject has been changed several times and I was missing out on something good. :-\  I find myself doing more reading and less posting lately.  I still get on here every day for a while. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Shotgun

It sure would be nice if da Boss would set da knob to let us read the last 30 posts. It says "10" and he gives us "20". Do I hear any chants for "30"? Come on, 30, 30, 30, anybody else?  The feature that lets you "read the posts since your last visit" makes you chase 'em. Still it's a nice feature. Thirty, 30. 30. Dat just seems natural for an old deer hunter like da Boss, eh?

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Buzz-sawyer

Norm
The show new replies Jeff has installed is nice, but I would enjoy what you are saying because I find the new replies , opens to the threads, rather than the specific posts that have been entered, thus, distracting my simple mind from easily seeing what is NEW, .......how bout last 50 .....would that be cool?
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Tom

"new" replies isn't where it's always at.  ...........so to speak.

Sometiimes First replies is as much fun.....  like this link
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=1.0

Did you know that you can click on the titles in the banner and the software will sort that topic front to back or back to front?   Go to general and you will find "Last Postv.  That means that you are looking at the the latest post and the file is sorted last to first.
Click on "Last Post^ and you will be looking at the front of the book.

It's easier to keep up with the other end of the forum. :D :D

Shotgun

HALLELUJAH!!  It's now 50!! Da Boss is paying attention!!  Thanks, Buzz for bringing this up. I was going to wait awhile untill the dust settled on all this new site work and then mention it.  When you surfaced it, I just couldn't resist.

Thanks, Jeff.

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Bro. Noble

I do like Dang,  and have had to limit my reading to what I think will be the most interesting.  I always read what a few people post and wish they would post more.  I always try to read what the girls say cause it's usually worthwhile.  There's some guys that post all the time and havn't said a blame thing yet,  so I just ignore them :D---------HEY :o :o :o----------I just figgered out how come no one responds to my posts :-\ ::)

The new forum sure makes it easier to check out what's going on without spending too much time when you're supposed to be working :)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

SwampDonkey

I like to read as many posts as I can fit in an alotted time frame (self imposed) :D and can't wait to read more.

Bro_Noble, I reply to yer posts ;D ;) , but maybe I'm one of them wind bags ..err wind socks or whichever ya wanna name it :D :D

cheers
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

pigman

"There's some guys that post all the time and havn't said a blame thing yet,  so I just ignore them "
Bro_ Noble, I resemble that. ;) Now I know why people ignore my posts. ;D
Bob-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

sigidi

I'm guilty of being a board skipper, I drop in on the General, Sawmilling, chainsaw, behind the forum and Full members, once I 've gone throught henew posts on those then I get off ifn the Wife hasn't already caught me an dragged me off the puter by the ear.

I know I should go to the others and just plainly haf ta git stuff done at least one day a week :D ;D
Always willing to help - Allan

Bro. Noble

SD--------ignoring,ignoring,ignoring ;)

pigman----ignoring,ignoring,ignoring ;)  well, I might check out how you signoff from time to tome ;D

Bro Noble, the ignorant
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Furby

When I'm short on time I pick the ones that are most interesting.
Then try to catch up a couple days later as I try to read all the posts.
Then if I still have time..........I dig back and read old ones. ;)

Thank You Sponsors!