iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lurkers

Started by Ianab, March 12, 2005, 05:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

While surfing around tonight on the graveyard shift I had a look at some of the online users.
A couple of names popped up that had been registered for over 12 months and had 10 hours on the forum, but no posts.

Maybe you dont have a sawmill, or any trees, or you are shy  ???

But now you have this thread that you can post on and say Hi  :)

Dont be shy there, tell us about your woodwork, or your dog, or your ute, or your new duck :D

Cheers

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

DanG

Funny you should mention that, Ian.  I'm in touch with a guy that hasn't signed up yet, but is reading the whole forum.  He says he gets a big enough kick out of just reading. I'm trying to encourage him to start posting, as he will fit right in with this gang. ;D  He's planning to visit here next week to check out my mill, so I can really put the squeeze on him then. ;D :D :D

Yep, that's right, Olen!  I'm talking about YOU! :D :D :D  You've got a lot of wisdom to share, so get on board and start yakking ;) :) :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Ed_K

Some just like to see what we're up to, huh  :P.
Ed K

tnlogger

or it could be that their laughing so much they cant use nothing but the mouse :D :D
gene

Jeff

Quote from: Ed_K on March 12, 2005, 09:45:17 AM
Some just like to see what we're up to, huh  :P.

Nothing wrong with that. :)  Posting on the forum is sort of a kin to public speaking. It ain't for everybody. I appreciate every member and every guest whether they say anything or not. I have met some of our "Lurkers" in person and ya can't shut em up. :D

Don't get me wrong, I would rather ya'll said hey once in a while, but it certainly isn't required and don't feel guilty if you don't. I'll just give ya heck for it when we meet in person one day.  ;) :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Steve

Hey, just popped in to pad my message count and get another tree planted.

Steve

Long time lurker, once in a blue moon poster...
Steve
Hawaiian Hardwoods Direct
www.curlykoa.com

Norm

I'm a perfect example of that, lurked for a year now you can't shut me up. :D

Ernie

Jeff

I love this forum but I sure hate public speaking :( :( :(  All I could come up with a one of the son's weddings as a reply by the father of the groom was "Welcome to our disfunctional family"  That went over like pork chops at a Jewish wedding.  Jan sure told me off :-[ :-[ :-[

Ernie
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Fla._Deadheader

:D :D :D :D :D :D 8) 8) :D :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

etat

I've got a couple of pm's from a guy that just joined that lives just over a couple of hollars from me and's got a sawmill! A TimbeKing and I ain't ever even seen on in person. I got it figured he lives not more than 10 or 15 miles as the crow flies! 

Gonna go see him once I get a chance. :)

He's just joined and I'm trying to get him to post so's I'll have some REINFORCEMENTS from North Mississippi!  8) 8) 8)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

sigidi

It does seem a whole bunch of folkes lurk before either becoming posters or members - I remember I signed up but dind't hit a reply buttom for quite awhile (not an opportunity for you wisecrakers to say I should have taken longer ;))

But recently I was mailed by a Canadian chap who had signed up but lurked for a while and only recently posted, then there is also ASY and ANDREW who can not feel ashamed by addicting poor Asy's man to sawdust ;)

Jeff you might know - when will the FDA approve sawdust ;)

I guess folkes might be a little overwhelmed by how friendly we all are :D
Always willing to help - Allan

Daren

I'm a big time lurker. The only time I post is if I have a dumb question that I am just dying to ask. (that always gets answered with patience for my ignorance). I don't consider it so much lurking as quietly learning. This board is full of interesting (a polite word for weird) and knowledgable people. I have limited time some times when I check the board, with all the new content all I can do is read. I get side tracked with the cool links posted sometimes too. There, less lurking-more posting. I feel better already.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Bro. Noble

I'm pretty much just a lurker ::)  I used to post quite a bit,  but already said everything I know over a thousand posts ago :D :D

milking and logging and sawing and milking

chet

:D  :D  Noble, There are lots of new folks here since you posted all da stuff you knew. So it will be new to dem new folks if ya want ta tell us what it is ya know again all over again.   :)

Dat is if ya can remember what it was dat you knowed.  ;D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

pigman

I was going to wait until I knew something before I made my first post. After a year of lurking I posted anyway. ;)
Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Bro. Noble

That would be pretty risky, Chet.

If I was to remember stuff a little different,  I might get accused of embellishment,  or even bearing false witness ;)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

LIL

I posted previously about "Lurking before posting". I still do hence 17 posts  ;D.  I enjoy it thou.  Am learning lots and spend lots of time laughing.  Its great - keep it up!

Asy - your avartar picture scares me :-\
:D

Can I tell you bout my new ute???

Well actually its a Four Wheel Drive but close enough!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now all I need to do is to learn to drive it  ;D
Hobbies and Interests  

Interests revolve around my partners love of sawmills! - Hence being his NUMBER ONE OFFLOADER - Myself - I like the smell of sawdust. If I had my choice I would have BIG MACHINERY - who wouldn't want their own combine harvester and an 18 wheeler (Scania)

Furby

Just get in and go, Lil!
Around here most people don't take the time to LEARN how to drive their new car, they would rather create havoc on the roads. ::)

Don_Papenburg

Sigidi  did you have to lurk for a while till you learn't  the language  ?  I got relatives  in Aussy and they do talk a bit funny .
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

LIL

Furby - Being Automatic it was much easier to just get in and go!
QuoteJust get in and go, Lil!
Much easier than the Manual - that I never really mastered.  Once I get confidence with this - I want to go back and have another go in the manual.  I dont want to become reliant on only driving Automatics.

As for learning to drive I have a really great driving instructor.  You might have seen him round these parts - goes by the name of Ianab  ;)
Hobbies and Interests  

Interests revolve around my partners love of sawmills! - Hence being his NUMBER ONE OFFLOADER - Myself - I like the smell of sawdust. If I had my choice I would have BIG MACHINERY - who wouldn't want their own combine harvester and an 18 wheeler (Scania)

etat

QuoteIf I was to remember stuff a little different,  I might get accused of embellishment

Nothing wrong with a bit of embellishment now and again.  Heck fire, just go back and read some of my and shopteacher's old threads about fishing!;D  Keeps things interesting. :)

QuoteYou might have seen him round these parts - goes by the name of Ianab

Hey, I heard of him before!!!!!!! :) 8) 8) 8)

What got me started I was looking to find out some things about wood when I was building my house.  Pert near got runned off another site.  My questions weren't near professional enough for em cause they said the site was for professionals only.  I sorta hammered at em and pert near made em answer most a my questions cause even if they weren't important to them, they were important to ME!  Stuck up est bunch of folks ya ever seen over there. anyways, after hanging around there a bit I caught a reference to this place here.  I was snooping around here probably a couple of months and one day everybody was talking YOOPER or something like that.  I couldn't understand half of it. It seemed that some of the administrators was having a bit of fun with everybody.  Nobody got mad about it, in fact everybody seemed to be having fun with it. Well, that yooper stuff didn't last but a day or two but after that I decided to ask em if I could join.  They welcomed me right on in.  

The place reminded me of when I used to go hang around the store with my grandpa  on the weekends or when it was raining and he couldn't work.  There was always a lot of fun talk going on with them folks and  in amongst all that there was a LOT of knowledge would get passed around.  Ain't many places like that no more.  Heck, you was to go hang around most stores these days, much less set up a table or two in the back and and get a bunch playing cards an dominoes purty soon they'd try to run ya off and clear the place out.  Not a lot of room in the back of them country stores for such goings on these days.

This place here, it's the closest I've found.  Lots of people here I ain't ever even met, even though I'd like to some day, that I'm PROUD to call my friends.  A couple a times they've held me up when it seemed the whole dang world was falling in around me.  

Now the way I see it if I've got a question I don't know, I'm gonna ask.  Even if I think it sounds dumb, I'm STILL gonna ask in the hopes that just maybe somebody'll  tell me and then even if it WAS a dumb question, at least I'LL KNOW THE ANSWER. ;D

This is a mighty fine place Jeff's built here.  I reckon I like to think of it as my Home Away From Home.  If that sounds crazy, well heck fire, I don't care.  That's the way I feel and I like it here.  
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

KiwiCharlie

G'day Charles,
I feel another thread coming on here!  Can you tell what on earth a YOOPER is?!  :D ;) :)
Thanks a bunch.
Cheers
Charlie.
Walk tall and carry a big Stihl.

chet

I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

etat

I was just gonna say you'd have to ask Chet! :)  I understand he's a certified actual Yooper!! Heck getting to talk to him on the telephone was one of the prizes in the Christmas Contest!!!!

http://www.dayoopers.com/whatwher.html

Furby

Lil, I think I may have heard of that fellow before. ;)
Personally I'd rather drive a manual most of the time. I can think of a few times where auto is is nice, but I like a good manual.

Thank You Sponsors!