iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whats with WM?

Started by D._Frederick, March 08, 2005, 08:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D._Frederick

Looking over the pictures I took at the Oregon Logging Conference, it finally dawned on me that WoodMizer has a different Logo on their LT300 equipment.  Is WoodMizer having problems and selling off some of there equipment lines?

HORSELOGGER

No .. I think I read on their website a while back that they were making seperate distinct "divisions" out of all the diferent aspects of their business. The industrial logo is probably just the result of that. ???
Heritage Horselogging & Lumber Co.
"Surgical removal of standing timber, Leaving a Heritage of timber for tommorow. "

FiremanEd

Yea, the LT300 line is painted grey and has a different logo where all other WM products are orange. They refer to the departments at WM at the "Orange Division" and I think they call the other the "commercial division"

Same great service, just allowing the service guys to specialize on which ever division they're in.
Full time Firefighter / Paramedic
WoodMizer LT300 as secondary, full time job.
AccuTrac Electric Edger

Cedarman

We bought a grey resaw from WM in 92 and it is definitely commercial in quality.  Those things are snarfed up quick when they come up for sale. If that LT 300 is of same quality they should be super machines. I would venture ours has 18,000 hours on it and runs like new.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

neslrite

Woodmizer sells touch up spray cans.

Kevin
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

Minnesota_boy

Do they have it in 5 gallon spray cans?  I think mine needs about that much.  It's about as faded as me. :D
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

Bibbyman

On some of my projects,  I've used AGCO Allis Orange paint from the local AGCO dealer or the farm-n-home store.

It looks a bit bright to start with,  but after a bit,  it blends right in.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Rockn H

Bibbyman, I'm glad to hear you've tried that color.  I've been looking at AC orange myself, but the only part I could really compare with was the inside of the blade housing and wasn't sure how faded it was.  Figured to just paint the whole thing this summer and wear shades if the glare off that orange got to bad. ;D

Ironwood

I have converted tons of rusty iron into "good stuff" by painting. My experience has been to avoid the heavy farm store enamel, instead NAPA carries a line of "Commercial Coatings" that are more expensive but dry fast hold up extremely well (I lack much under roof storage right now) outdoors. Gasoline and solvents won't even touch this paint once it dries. GOOD STUFF, and should be avalible in orange (mix your own if not). I would definitely use it for a mill, it is much harder and more durable than most enamel.  :)REID
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Bibbyman

Now that you mention it,  I think the paint I got from the dealer worked much better than what I got at the farm-n'-home store.  That stuff took too long to dry - even after 24 hours,  it was still tacky and soft.
Sawing since '94

neslrite

The color # for WM orange is RAL2001.

Kevin
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

corke

Wood-Mizer is alive and well!  And, as pointed out previously, we have created some product distinctions within our line.  AWMV is a new brand name for the Wood-Mizer Industrial Products Division.  It covers anything that used to be painted dark grey, although along with the new name, you'll notice new colors as well - green and gray. 

Wood-Mizer has spent over 25 years building portable sawmills and a reputation for unmatched quality and service in the industry.  Our name is so well known that it has become almost synonymous with "portable sawmill" - enough so that many don't realize that our industrial line is a good option for those needing a quality, commercial system capable of the higher production and profits.  In creating a new brand, our intention is to have AWMV build the same reputation for quality and service, without the word "portable" being associated with the name. 

Other than the color and name, nothing has changed from what it has been for the last three years under the W-M Industrial logo.  Same people, same place, same equipment (and more on the way). 

Kevin Corder
AWMV  (A divsion of Wood-Mizer Products, Inc.)

Bibbyman

Welcome to the Forum!

Always room for one more Kevin! 8)
Sawing since '94

Jeff

Kevins always been a member, we just had to spruce up his login a little. Heck, Kevin even wears a Forestry Forum Hat. ;) 

Thanks for the info Kevin.

From the Thread:

Jeff's Wood-Mizer Anniversary pics
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bibbyman

I could have sworn his number of posts was 1 when I posted my welcome. :D

Well then.... Welcome BACK, old member.!
Sawing since '94

Thank You Sponsors!