iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

57th annual Logging Congress

Started by Jeff, May 13, 2002, 01:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I just found out MFRA has made my hotel Reservations so I will be there!  Hope many of you will be too.

The sawdust and wood chips will be flying at this year's Lake State's Logging Congress in Madison, WI. We will again be holding the Lumberjack Competitions, where experts will compete in a series of events for a cash purse of nearly $5,000.

Besides the Lumberjack Competitions, visitors to the Logging Congress can walk the sprawling exhibition grounds to see fantastic displays of today's newest technology in logging equipment featured by more than 250 exhibitors. Other featured events include Prentice loader contests, pulpwood loading contests, and an industry load competition, with trophies and cash prizes to all contest winners. Equipment exhibits will include feller bunchers, forwarders, chain saws, wood splitters, skidders, logging trucks, bulldozers, sawmilling equipment, log lifts, log loaders and hydraulic components. Other exhibits will include chain saw sculpturing, a log grading short course, plus a wide variety of offerings from the many indoor exhibits.

This is a landmark year for the Lake States Logging Congress. This is the first time in Logging Congress History that the show will be held in the State's capitol of Madison, Wisconsin. The Alliant Energy Center offers a state of the art facility that is second to none. With one hundred thousand square feet of indoor open span exhibit space, along with meeting rooms, parking and an expansive outdoor exhibit area as well.

While in the Greater Madison Area, not only will you see a fantastic Congress; you will also be able to enjoy the sights and sounds of the city. Some of the many things available to you in Madison would be a stroll down the State Street Pedestrian mall, which boasts dozens of shops and restaurants; visit the Madison Area Zoo; the State Capitol; pick from one of 15 area golf courses to enjoy, tour the University of Wisconsin Campus, and on Saturday mornings you can visit the farmer's market on the square. You could also take in the beautiful Wisconsin Dells, just a short drive from Madison, or House on the Rock, located in Spring Green, WI.

Location:  Alliant Energy Center-Madison Wisconsin has easy, direct highway access- 5 minutes off interstate 90/94 via Hwy 12 & 18.  
Hours:  Thursday, Sept 5, 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Friday, Sept 6, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Saturday, Sept 7, 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.  
Admission:  $10.00 for All Three Days  
Parking:  $4.00 per day  

Timber Producers Association of MI & WI
P.O. Box 1278, Rhinelander, WI 54501
Phone:  (715) 282-5828 • Fax:  (715) 282-4941
Email:  timberpa@newnorth.net • Web site:  www.timberpa.com
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!