iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Oregon Logging Show

Started by Oregon_Sawyer, February 05, 2004, 10:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oregon_Sawyer

The Oregon Logging Show in Eugene, Oregon is going to be February 26-28.  Saturday is open to the public.  There will be all kinds of big logging equipment, trucks, trailers, tub grinders and about anything related to logging.

Last year in the sawmill section there were the following;
Baker, Hudson, Peterson, Lucus, Wood-Mizer and Mobile Dimension (demonstrated by our own Frank Pender)  Baker usually has about two semi loads of mills and equipment and Wood-Mizer has their whole line.

See ya all there!

Loren

(Last year is when I found out about the slightly used LT70 coming up for sale.  Boy that really made my wife happy :D :D)
Sawing with a WM since 98. LT 70 42hp Kubota walk behind. 518 Skidder. Ramey Log Loader. Serious part-timer. Western Red Cedar and Doug Fir.  Teamster Truck Driver 4 days a week.

Duane_Moore

:D  Boy I better stay away you get me the BIG  D  and I don't mean Dallas,    Duh---Duane 8) 8) 8) 8) see ya there ::)
village Idiot---   the cat fixers----  I am not a complete Idiot. some parts missing.

Frank_Pender

Duane, I thought you were comeing to Dallas.  :'(  I do hope you get to come to he Logging Conference in the Peoples Republic of Eugene, Oregon.  I think it is the height of irony that such a conference is held in a town that has some me tree huggers and porcelan driving folks.
Frank Pender

Paul_H

While you are at the show,stop by and say hello to Sandy and Dianne at Rebco Truck boxes.
Sandy and I have been good freinds since grade school.He is a welder/fabricator by trade and has worked for many different companies including Finning (Cat dealer) and on his own with a mobile shop truck.

They bought out Rebco back in July 2003 and I know that he is both commited and straight shooting,and will build up a solid company.

Rebco Link

Rebco is a popular "bush box" in the logging industry in our area.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Frank_Pender

I sure like the switch and go concept, Paul.   Thanks for the tip  I will try and make sure I meet your friend Sandy.  I think you ought to come down with him to the show. 8)
Frank Pender

Paul_H

Frank,
I told him awhile back that he will probably meet some Forestry Forumers down there. ;)

I would like to go down there.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Duane_Moore

Well Look out guys, I am Gonna be there....what days can I get in???? thurs. fri. or what??? also need a place to park the camp trailor, 29ft pull type. need water,sewer,elec, know of anyplaces??  let me know  Duh---Duane
village Idiot---   the cat fixers----  I am not a complete Idiot. some parts missing.

Tillaway

Looks like I will be there on Thursday.  I will be attending the seminars on that day after I wander around and bug Frank for a while. ;D

Come on down Paul, a friend from California goes every year and I am sure he has a longer drive than you.
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Frank_Pender

Hey, Tillaway, good to see you are still around.  I was beginning to wonder if you had gotten youself lost in the Great Tillamook Forest, laying out and building tht new highway :D  I look forward to seeing you at the Conference along with all of the other Forum member that arrive. 8) 8) 8) 8)   You coming down, Paul?  
Frank Pender

Stephen_Wiley

Duane,

Not certain if the numbers I have are current but will offer them here.

If this information is not helpful, let me know and I will get a hold of family in the Eugene area to find more current info.

Their are several just North of Eugene across the Mckenzie River in a little community known as Coburg. (Below the Coburg Hills) I suggest these as easy access from I-5 will put you apx. 10-14 miles from the show. Plus some of the older ones are not necessarily in good neighborhoods.  

Eugene Kamping World & RV Park - Pull thrus, 50 amp service, miniture golf course, propane, showers, laundry [541] 343-4832

Coburg Hills RV Park - Pull thrus, full hook up, cable tv, laundry, showers,  restaurant  [541] 686-3152

There are a couple south of Eugene in a small community known as Creswell. But I think they are a bit further to the fairgrounds. I don't know about their hook ups.

Sherwood Forest KOA - [541] 895-4110

Ifn, you were coming for more than just the show their are several in the outlying areas which are beautifully set near scenic attractions.  Better warn ya,  those college girls and few left over hippies spend a lot of time in the flesh around those hot springs !!

Use to be a couple of  parks out 12th  but I don't have that information. Maybe someone else will chip in, or  im if you need more info.
" If I were two faced, do you think I would be wearing this one?"   Abe Lincoln

Duane_Moore

:D   Hippies? college girls? Flesh? thanks for the warning, thats where I will be,  just a thinking. the list is great, know rite where Coburg is, now iffin they go BBQ place close by, I in doggie haven,  thanks.   Duh---Duane  '' see ya there''

Stephen_Wiley

IMHO,

The wife and I have yet to find any better place to eat BBQ other than in Eugene.  In fact we sometimes make 'special evenings out' by driving the 11/2 hour drive to specifically get the meal.

Name of the place is called:  ' The Hole in the Wall"
 @ 3198 W. 11th  which is not to far from the fairgrounds located:
 @  796  W. 13th

Had this place cater for a training conference held in Eugene for the PNW Arboist Association.  500+ arborists in attendance - many were amazed at the BBQ's quality and smoked meats.

Makes me want some.........just talking about it  :) 8)

Duane_Moore

8) now ya gona make me tell. let see was driven west in Eugene, came to BBQ place, set on south side. small,had a small patio. some good lookin catering trucks settin out front. Black Chevys I think. that the place??? Gooooood B.B.Q. well guess I let the cat out the bag huh???   Duh---Duane 8) 8) 8)

Stephen_Wiley

Quote8) now ya gona make me tell. let see was driven west in Eugene, came to BBQ place, set on south side. small,had a small patio. some good lookin catering trucks settin out front. Black Chevys I think. that the place??? Gooooood B.B.Q. well guess I let the cat out the bag huh???   Duh---Duane 8) 8) 8)

Was that 'cat' one of those you and CK been a workin on ?

Yes, ya old codger ............you been there ! :D

sawmill_john

Come on over to our booth and say hi, Frank Pender will be there helping us out, I sure hope the weather will be good, I know My drive will be alot better than I had last week, 18 hours down and 15 hour back.

BW_Williams

Does anyone know if any log loading trailers will be there, such as Metavic or Patu? And is the equipment area open to the public, cost, etc. Thanks, BWW
Support your local Volunteer Fire Dept.  (not by accident)
Support your local Ski Patrol (by snowboarding:)
Mayor of Millerdale, Washington, USA (by God)!

Frank_Pender

BW, I have been told that there is a general admission fee this year, of $10.   Now, I do not know if that is for all three days for for just one day.   When you do get in it is wide open to all areas of the fairgrounds; equipment big and small.   There have always been two or three different small log loading and hauling units  at the show.   I am sure you will be happy with what is available.  Please stop by the Mobile Dimension site.  I would enjoy meeting and talking with you.  See at the Conference. 8)
Frank Pender

BW_Williams

Thanks for the info Frank, I'll be there on Thursday and the MD booth is my first stop!  I'll be the homely fellow in the FF hat.  hehe, BWW

Frank_Pender

BW, I will have my FF camo hat hanging around some place, but will be wearing my "Tin Cap". 8)  The wife said I could get a new vest.  I might well do that.   :)  It sounds like we will have a rather large group of folks from the Forum coming and going over the three day conference.   8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Frank Pender

Tillaway

For free admission, thats right... free, follow these directions.

These free equipment show passes are obtained by going to www.oregonloggingconf.com.  Click on "Register Now".  Go to "Equipment Show Only Registration" and complete the form.  Enter the password "ODF'.  A badge/entrance pass and welcome letter will emailed to you.  You may also invite operators you work with to obtain a pass using the same procedure.
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

BW_Williams

Thanks, Tillaway, hopefully tie in with you also.  BWW

Frank_Pender

Thanks Tillaway. ;D  I will let Done know about the free entry process.  See ya all there. 8)
Frank Pender

Stephen_Wiley

Well I don't know if 'Duane Moore' will be their on Thursday, but I am bringing another 'Duane' with me.

Hope to meet BW, Tillaway, and any others on Thursday!

See ya there  8)  :)

Frank_Pender

Gollllllllllllllyyyyy, this gathering is getting larger all the time.   ;D It looks like the Pacific Rim Division of the Forestry Forum is about the have its First Time Meetng.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Frank Pender

BW_Williams

:D Looks like there may be alot of homely fellows in FF hats!

Thank You Sponsors!