iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WM 20 years

Started by woodman, May 12, 2002, 09:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodman

On Saturday June 29th Wood Mizer will be celebrating 20 years of sawmilling in Indianapolis, I will be there will you.  
Jim Cripanuk

Jeff

Don't you have to get an invite from WM to go?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bibbyman

We got our invitation and Mary had our RSVP in the next mail.  
See y-all there! :o

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Jeff

Do you have to be a woodmizer owner to get an invite?

woodmills1

I got one, but don't think I will be going.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

woodman

Not going your the one that got me into this.
  NOT GOING
Jim Cripanuk

Jeff

I'm thinking about it if I can get myself and a friend invited. Its only 5 or 6 hours from here.

DanG

Shucks, Jeff, just pony up a few bucks and buy yourself one. They'll probably send you an invite. ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Jeff

I wonder how many this forum may have already sold? ;)

Bibbyman

[shadow=red,right,400]It's a PARTY! 8) 8)[/shadow]

I've got feedback from good sources that the Wood-Mizer 20'Th Anniversary Party IS open to everyone who wants to attend - not just owners of Wood-Mizer mills.  The more the merrier!  :o

Details as I know them: :P

June, 29'Th at their headquarters in Indy.- Demos during the day of their sawmills and equipment and tours of the facility.  Carnival for the kids.  Food and drinks. Door prizes given out all day.

In the evening,  there will be a meal and concert by Larry Gatlin.  This will be held at an arena at the state fair grounds.

The grand prize of a new sawmill :o given away at the end of the evening. Must be present to win.

But you've got to pre-register and it will cost $20/adult - kids free. Call 1-800-553-0182 to register.

But Wait! That's not all!   8)

You could get to see the Bibbyman and the Arkansawyer in person!  We'll be there.  (I may even bring Mary is she's caught up on her sawing. ::))
Sawing since '94

Bibbyman

Looks like there are going to be a number of Forum members attending the anniversary party.  :) I suggest we arrange someplace and time to gather at the event.   Maybe I can get them to make an announcement sometime in the afternoon for us to meet and get a group picture taken   ;D - say by the new LT70 or something.   ::)

I've asked about reserving a table or tables at the dinner and concert in the evening.  I was told the arrangements were not that structured but if we got there early enough,  we could stake out a couple of tables. :P

I'm not normally one to cry for organization but I've attend many smaller events and only found out later that I missed meeting someone that was there that I wanted to meet - or actually had a conversation with someone and not made the connection that they were a Forum member.

Looking forward to meeting you there! 8)
Sawing since '94

ARKANSAWYER

ALL ARE INVITED  8)
    BUT BE FOREWARNED THAT MUCH ORANGE IN ONE PLACE COULD BE HAZZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. (ie you may buy an new mill and not even remember it in the morining)
  My wife finished my new orange and black pom poms last night and I will wash the truck in time to tow the free mill home after I win it. ;D  
  ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

woodman

Arkansawyer as long as your going to have a truck there will you deliver my new free mill to Mass.
Jim Cripanuk

ARKANSAWYER

Where is Mass.?????  Is that up north some where????  Must be east of the Mississippi.
   But we may both have to borrow a truck as I hit a cow on the way home from sawing last night.  My mill came out fine.  8) The Dodge is going to need a new grill and hood and I do not know what else as I can not get the hood up. :'(
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Bibbyman

Don't be getting you're hopes up on that new mill.  I think I need it more than you guys.  I had to do some sawing this morning to finish up an order and I ain't any too fast with the setworks yet.  That LT30 manual mill is just my speed.  We had two mills for about two years and sometimes it comes in handy. ;D

Mary has been doing about all the sawing on our new LT40HDE25-RA but she had to go check on her brother that got put in the hospital by a fence stretcher that flew back and hit him in the throat when the wire broke. :o  He's back home now – more test next week.
Sawing since '94

Corley5

You hit a cow? as in bovine?  Now that's not something that happens everyday at least you sure hope it doesn't.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Tom

How did the Cow fair?  Is it in the pasture or the freezer?

DanG

Hey Arkinsawinguy, you need to shet that mill down a li'l bit earlier, so ya don't hafta short-cut crost tha pasture. Now, iffen ya had one o' these here Mobile Dimension type mills, ya could just drive that there Dodgem bumper car up on it and cut the hood off of it. ;D

Bibbyman, that sounds like a painful experience for yer bro-in-law. I bet that don't never happen to HIM again!  :o

Now if I can just talk ol' Tom into carpoolin' wit me, I might consider goin' ta tha Woodmizer shindig, myself.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Jeff

You Guys gotta do it! I got permission from the boss, (No not the mill, the wife) to go, some how. I will call WM tommorrow and see about getting my invite.

woodman

Arkansawer as long as you and the mill are ok, i will ask Bibbyman to take my new free mill home to Mass. Do you need a ride to Indy. I will pick you up if it's on my way.
Jim Cripanuk

Bibbyman

Sorry Woodman but the way I see it,  the last you see of that mill will be the tail lights headin' west on I70!

I've got a lot of inside notes from people that say they are trying to make plans to attend.   Sure is going to be THE event of the year.  

Some times I wish I was a twin so I could enjoy it more.  I'm afraid I won't have enough time to visit with my Wood-Mizer friends and meet all the guys from the Forum and make new friends.  It's going to be a lot of work. :D

Sawing since '94

woodman

Thats a croud your going with, looks like mary has the form hat on. I will be there with my youngest son.
Jim Cripanuk

Bud Man

Ya reck'n they'll have any grits up thar n Indy, hell's bell's I might show 2 ??
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

Bibbyman

Bud Man,  

I figured all along you'd be there.  This may just be the biggest North/South Re-Union since the Reconstruction!  

No, not a Forum hat on Mary's head woodman. Can't quite make it out but it's a Wood-Mizer Pro-Sawyer hat.  They don't just give them out and you can't buy them. She won't let me wear it!

Sawing since '94

ARKANSAWYER

Budman
   Them northern brothers are going to have to slow down when they speak to us and wait for us to catch up. :D  They had best at least have some biscuits and gravy and I mean gravy that  a man can eat with a fork.  
ARKANSAWYER

Thank You Sponsors!