iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Florida Flywheelers on RFD tonight!

Started by Fraxinus, March 06, 2005, 07:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fraxinus

Or so I have been told.  I was there all day Thursday and didn't see any sign of filming so it must have been some other day.
Hopefully they got some footage of the old Frick sawmill in operation being powered by that beautiful Case steam tractor.  I have a couple of pictures of it but haven't got them shrunk down to postable size yet.
Grandchildren, Bluegrass music, old tractors, trees and sawmills.  It don't get no better'n that!

Jeff

What is RFD?  Aint that what use to come just after Mayberry?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Fraxinus

Yup, it used to.  But now it comes right before "-TV" if you have a dish.
Grandchildren, Bluegrass music, old tractors, trees and sawmills.  It don't get no better'n that!

Corley5

http://www.rfd-tv.com/  I was there on Friday and didn't see any filming.  Dad said they had some footage on the U.S. Farm Report of this year's show today and last week they showed last years show on the Classic Tractors feature.  I'm gonna check it out.  It's a show I'm gonna go to again 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)  Talk about a HUGE flea market ;D  It was getting late and I hadn't seen the tractors so I left Dee in the flea market ;D ;)  
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

sprucebunny

Classic Tractors on NOW
Ch 379 on Direct tv
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Fraxinus

By now, those of you who watched it, especially those of you who might have been there, realize that it wasn't about the 2005 show but of another one, maybe last year's when the featured color was Persian Orange. ::)

Corley5

1937 JD A with one row mounted corn picker

Ford 8N with Ford flat head V-8.  The owner fired it up when I was looking it over and it made impressive noise 8) 8)

BIG moldboard plow pulled by two D-8 Cats.  I overheard someone saying it was used for fire control but I've seen similar ones used to bring topsoil backup that's been covered by sand from a flood.

Ferguson 40.  It's the same tractor as a MF 50 only a little different sheetmetal and a different color.  Not many were made.  My Grandpa bought one new in Ohio with a narrow frontend and brought it here to Northern Michigan when they moved.  It was traded in on the 180 MF we've got now.  I'd love to find that tractor.  We do have Fergie 40 but it's not as nice as the one pictured

Frick Mill

Just caught my eye

Steyr ??? tractor  Kinda  8) looking

dail_h

Persian Orange is my favorite color ;D
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Corley5

I believe it's a 217 ??? with a 3 cylinder Perkins.  Only Orange tractor I took a pic of ;)

bberry

Love those old tractor shows. Never miss em. I've got a 1958-550 Oliver and it has not been restored. It has low hours and we still use it. Anyone out there got a model 57 sickle bar mower? Any condition for parts.

thecfarm

I enjoy those old ones too.I have my father's 1954 NAA Ford.I was using up until about 4 years ago.Had the side mounted sickle bar mower.High maintance issue,but it did work good.Now I hook up the bush hog  to the 2120 and go.Only a couple places to grease.Can mow the whole field without stoping to grease or to shapen.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bberry

Hey c-farm, where is Chesterville? I'm glad you still have the old Ford. They are a great tractor. Didn't that have a flat head engine? They ran real smooth. 3 point hitch too if I remember. Some called them fergesun hitches. I use modern tractors to do most of my work but I plan to get the Oliver in better shape. It does take a lot of time. Around here small town jealousy is a problem as assessors see anyone with something of value they will tax extra. A while ago they were going hog wild over riding lawn mowers yet the guy next door with a tv/sterio system worth 3-4 thousand or more is assessed nothing. Again the guy doing extra all the time gets it taken away. Help to change it! Vote caps and limits!

Norm

Great pictures Corley! Got to love that old iron. :)

Thanks to whoever mentioned RFD TV, I found it on satellite and have been enjoying the shows on there. Last night was one on old farm machinery, followed by American Rancher. This old farm boy is in second heaven. ;D

Don_Papenburg

I got my grandfathers '37 A from my uncle several years ago . It was stuck as he leftit outside since he no longer used it . I filled the cylinders with deisel fuel . Left it in the shed for a year .  Later took it out and playe dwith it a bit ,got it to turn and pop but not run. We pulled it about 300 ' and it fired up an ran. Didn't burn oil as I had expected . In fact it has  yet to be overhauled. I use it mostly for culivating my sweet corn.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

pigman

Norm_F or anybody,
Where on satellite can a person find this RFD TV show and at what times is it on? This old farm boy  cannot  seem to find it; must be looking in the wrong place in the sky. :P
Bob the "old" farm boy
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Norm

Fraxinus

Quote from: pigman on March 10, 2005, 07:26:47 AM
Norm_F or anybody,
Where on satellite can a person find this RFD TV show and at what times is it on? This old farm boy  cannot  seem to find it; must be looking in the wrong place in the sky. :P
Bob the "old" farm boy
I have Dish TV and it is channel 9409.
Upon reading your post again, I surmise that you have a C-band dish.  I have no idea where it is in the sky.  There must be some way to find out. ???

pigman

Thanks everyone,
I have the big dish now but tomorow I will have Dish TV installed. 8)
Seems most of the analog programs on the big dish disappeard  :(,so had to go with the little dish. Cost more :o but at least can get more programs. :)
Bob the hope to be RFD TV watcher
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

thecfarm

Bberry,how about updating your proflie so everyone will know where you're from?The NAA and the Jubilles had,what I think is called, the Tiger engine in them.This is not a flat head,these were in the 8n-9n.My father bought one of these,but when Ford came out with the NAA he bought it.A little bit bigger tractor,better motor,better hyd,bigger tires.Chesterville is up by Farmington.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bberry

Nice country up around Farmington. More hardwood than we have down here on the coast. Worked a year in Jay for IP and lived in Canton. Worked another year for the golf course and resort in Canton. Probably all gone now.  Had a good time there. Envy your warm nights in summer. Too cold here to ride a motorcycle at night in summer without bundling up. But then again those clams and lobsters make up for the cold. Of course a little deer steak helps too. Coyotes have put a hurt on them here. Still I drove 5 off my berry fields today. I figure if I feed them they should help feed my family.

Corley5

There was another Fla Flywheelers show on RFD tonight it was different than the last one.  It featured IH tractors and they had an interview with a JD fella and a comment was made about 2005 featuring JDs so it musta been 2004.  I was hoping to see that yellow Farmall grader there this year but it wasn't.  It's a Meili-Blumberg Powergrader and is one of 6 that I know of in the country besides mine 8)  I added some captions to the pics in the thread too

Thank You Sponsors!