iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Spring Has Arrived!

Started by Norm, March 06, 2005, 08:56:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

The ice went out on our pond Saturday, by today the flocks of geese have been coming and going.

We also have some mallards showing up, hope the weather stays mild so it doesn't freeze back up.

jjmk98k

yeah, they said spring is just a few weeks away ( on the calendar)  but it's still BUUUUUUURRRRR chilly this morning.

I think the next 50 degree morning i'll go on my back porch and fire up my coleman stove, make a pot of coffee and sit back and smell that bacon cook...

and not have to hear the wife snoring at 9 am still...... ::)
Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

Paschale

Ya know...having been on the forum for a couple of years now, I must say it's fun to herald in the changing of the seasons with the rest of the forum, and to see what that means for people in different places, and when and how it happens for folks all over the world.     :)  It's still definitely winter here, though there's a thaw on right now.  There'll still be plenty of snow falling before it's over, but there's light being seen at the end of the tunnel! 
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Mark M

Yep - I saw several big flocks of geese heading toward Saskatchewan yesterday.

sawguy21

Warms the soul Norm. I look forward to the honkers in the spring. It is very mild here so the lakes and ponds should be opening up pretty quick
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Frank_Pender

I think it is here already.  Went to the mill area this monring and the noise was almost deafening.  The birds were makeing an awful racket.   It is going to be well over 60* today, at these digs. ;D
Frank Pender

fstedy

:) ;D :D Was out at the mill yesterday and shook the winter dust off fired her up to get ready to make some sawdust.  :D ;D :)
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

Larry

Tilled the garden Friday...just got done putting few rows of onions in.  Potatoes in a few days.

Thinking bout crappie and mushrooms but they might be few weeks off yet. ;D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Patty

WOW! Tilling in the garden already! I can't wait . We try to get the potatoes in on or near Good Friday up here. I haven't checked the calender yet  this year, but I'm guessing we are 4-6 weeks away yet. I did notice my tulips were starting to pop out of the ground on the east side of the house.  8)    Spring can't be too far behind. Today it is up in the 70's but the wind is blowing at 50 miles an hour with gusts up even higher. It takes some of the fun out of being outdoors.   :(
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

sprucebunny

Spring ???

I spent part of today shoveling a 4' high snowbank of wind packed snow next to the road out of the way enough to be able to plow . Then there was the 2-3' deep drift (wind-packed) just above the ice patch that stopped the plow cold and had to be shoveled.
Yer gonna need TNT to plant anythin round heeya  ;D

However, I do enjoy hearing about the seasonal changes in other parts....
Another six weeks and spring will be evident here.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

sawguy21

Sprucebunny, when the charges go off, run in and drop the spuds in the trench before the clods hit the ground. Oh, and wear the PPE. ;D

Bibbyman

Can't tell the seasons by the geese here in Missouri.  The noisy nasty things stay around all year long!  Did have a couple of teal ducks on the pond about a week ago.  Buzzards been flyin' for a month now.  Looks like the eagles have left out.

Grass is greenin' up here. We droved down to Salem, MO. this morning and the daffodils are up and blooming and it's a lot greener.  I heard the peep-frogs crokin' down there.  Mary said she heard the peep-frogs Friday evening. 

Sure sign,  lawn mower commercials on TV! :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Mark M

Quote from: Larry on March 06, 2005, 03:44:03 PM
Tilled the garden Friday...just got done putting few rows of onions in.  Potatoes in a few days.

Thinking bout crappie and mushrooms but they might be few weeks off yet. ;D

How deep do you plant your crappie Larry?

ARKANSAWYER

Taters are in the ground as well as the cold crops.  Woody the new log dawg came in with 3 ticks today.  Peach tree has pink buds and the plums will pop any day.  72 and sunny today and expect a good snow in 2 weeks.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

maple flats

Up here in central NY we have not seen much sign of spring yet. Yesterday was the warmest high in over 3 weeks and that was 33 degrees. It has snowed everyday for the last 9 or 10 days. Usually I tap my maple trees about the last week in Feb. but after tomorrow the forcast again shows the next 8 days at below freezing for daytime highs. I think spring will be brief when it does arrive here and then go directly into the dog days of summer. >:( >:(
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Jeff

This thread is down right depressing. :-\  I figure another month here at least.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Larry

Mark,  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I took this picture just for you off the deck little while ago.  Spring thaw still about 1st of July up thata way? ;D

Been listening for the peep frogs Bibby...they should be singing but it is very dry...don't think we will hear em till we get little rain.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Corley5

42 here today but accumulating snow tomorrow and the next day and the next and the next and the next and the next........... with highs in the teens and lows around 0.  It'll be the Fourth of July before we know it
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

chet

Depressing.........I'll say.  :(  This is for Yooper Land tomorrow.  :'(

"... Lake effect snow warning in effect from 4 am EST (3 am cst)
Monday to 6 am EST (5 am cst) Tuesday...

The National Weather Service in Marquette has issued a lake effect
snow warning. Expect snow to develop after midnight and intensify
by dawn on Monday. Visibilities will drop below one quarter of a
mile at times. The heavy snow will diminish to numerous lake effect
snow showers by noon... then persist through Monday night. Look for
snowfall accumulations by noon to range from 4 to 7 inches with an
additional 2 to 4 inches by 6 am EST Tuesday. The greatest snowfall
amounts will occur from Rockland to White Pine... Wakefield and
Ironwood. Along with the snow... northerly winds of 15 to 25 mph with
higher gusts will create significant blowing and drifting snow. "
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

tnlogger

I shore do feel sorry for all ofs ya above the M/D line. 65 here today and its 50 right now. Caseknife beans will be going in the ground the 25th good friday. I remember one year we had to plant them in the mud but we got em in.  ;D
gene

Bibbyman

Sorry boss,  :'(

Another sign of spring -  people trying to burn the world down!  On or trip to Salem and back we must have seen a dozen people out burning grass and weeds, etc.  And a dozen more places along the road where grass fires were started by,  I assume, someone pitching out a butt.

Got home and looked out my living room window and "HOLY SMOKES"!  There were the neighbors, trying to burn the world down!  At one point the flames were clearly higher then the trees.  I could see the fire spreading out.  The wind was gusting to maybe 30mph.  I could hear the sirens of the district fire truck coming.  

I was amazed,  they had it out in about a half hour.  The fire was along the rim-rock creak bluff and in a very rugged spot.  I couldn't see how they could have used their trucks and such very well.

These people have often been burning when I wouldn't have dared try it. I hope the fire department charged them for showing up and putting out the fire.  Maybe it'll make them think twice about setting one the next time.

The fire line is about 200 yards wide.  Our property line is at the back side of that hay field.  
Sawing since '94

wiam

Jeff,  this is way worse than depressing.

Will

LIL

I agree with Jeff

This is depressing - because if you all are coming into Spring that means Autumn and inevitably WINTER is heading our way!  The Mornings are defintely darker - making it much much harder to get out of bed ;D

It felt very much like Autumn in the sandpit this morning - mind you to children that means nothing!  They're still in shorts, t-shirts and barefeet.  Me on the other hand - Huge Anorack and Long Pants! Until lunch - this afternoon resembles summer again  :D - I cant win.
Hobbies and Interests  

Interests revolve around my partners love of sawmills! - Hence being his NUMBER ONE OFFLOADER - Myself - I like the smell of sawdust. If I had my choice I would have BIG MACHINERY - who wouldn't want their own combine harvester and an 18 wheeler (Scania)

sprucebunny

Cheer up, Northerners ;D

Think of the sparkley days and the fun sledding and the toasty fires to slurp hot chocolate by and get busy enjoying them cause right after the snow is gone there's black flies  :o

I love winter ;D ;D ;D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Corley5

Summer=four months of poor sledding ;D

wiam

Lil,
Thanks,  I am not as depressed 8) 8)

Will

LIL

Willl,

When the times right - I'll get out with Ians camera - then your depression should all but disappear!
:D :D :D :D :D
Hobbies and Interests  

Interests revolve around my partners love of sawmills! - Hence being his NUMBER ONE OFFLOADER - Myself - I like the smell of sawdust. If I had my choice I would have BIG MACHINERY - who wouldn't want their own combine harvester and an 18 wheeler (Scania)

farmerdoug

It reached 54 degrees here today. smiley_bouncing  We had about a foot of snow on the ground but that has melted quite a bit.  With the warmth and sun on the bare areas came the mud. smiley_furious3  I hate the mud as it makes everyhing so much harder to do.  We will be freezing up tomorrow night so it will no be a problem for a few days anyways.  I like the summer and winter plus the fall if it is a dry one.  You get more done without the mess.  Spring is great too though after it dries out a little.  Heck it is just great to be alive anytime in the outdoors.  smiley_turkey_dancing8) 8) 8)
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Cedarman

Pussywillows 1/2 budded out, daffodils in big bud, some in bloom, tree frogs been chirping for several weeks, mud starting to disappear ( didn't get feet muddy in log yard this morning).
Snow the next 3 days.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

isawlogs

Four feet of ice on the lake where I was over the weekend  :o ... spring .. I dont think so  ::) ...
It snowed here all day and is to snow over night ... going to be some fun with the plow in the morning .  ;D ;D   Spring will get here .. some time soon  hopefully within the next month ...
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

sawguy21

We kids would go out in our red top gumboots and play in the creek formed by the snowmelt. We would get stuck, yell holy murder, and mom would lay out planks from dad's lumber pile to pull us out. Then she would go back for the boots. Spring was the best for kids.

chet

No sign of spring here. Highway M28 was closed today because of unsafe winter driving conditions.   :'(
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

jtmccallum

Quote from: Jeff B on March 06, 2005, 07:45:51 PM
This thread is down right depressing. :-\  I figure another month here at least
I'm taking my ice fishing gear out of the truck tomorrow.  I'm not done ice fishing, just need to haul  more firewood. :(
John M.        '97 WM LT40Super Manual 40HP Lombardini,  XP372,   CASE 1210 W/ Loader

thecfarm

Still have plenty of snow here and more coming in tonight.Haven't been hardly above freezing here for a couple weeks now.But last month we had 4-5 days of almost 50 degree weather.Pusssy willows started to come out,road posting signs went up. The state closed the dirt road.Was a mess.Will be again when it warms back up.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

Yep, almost spring!  Rain yesterday, followed by high winds followed by falling temps. Looks beautiful out this morning though. Sun is shining. Only one problem. Its 3 below zero. :-\
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Mike_P.

It is 11.5 degrees (F.), the sun is just coming over the trees to the east.  It felt a little like spring this last weekend, but winter is back now.

Usually, the ice breaking up here in early April.  We won't be planting anything for a while.  

Mike

redpowerd

tonite supposed to be 10 below.  20 mph winds.

i love spring!
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Engineer

You happy spring people make me sick.   :(

Last night it was raining hard, melted most of the snow and turned the top two inches of dirt above the frost to mud, now we have another three inches of snow and no end in sight.  Now it's mud 'n white sh*t.

Only thing good about the snow and frost is that all the people I'm doing work for (septic & survey) are leaving me alone.

Kirk_Allen

Hey Engineer, whats a good source of info for putting in a new septic system? 

Dana

Spring must have arrived here also. It was sunny and zero degrees at 8 am today. Yesterday it was 10 degrees with a screaming NW wind and lake effect snow showers!
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

Sawyerfortyish

Spring got here monday 60 degrees  8) and left here tuesday. 7:00 am 42 degrees noon 16 degrees with 2" of white stuff and white out conditions and expecting 8" >:(

Patty

Well the 70 degrees on Sunday was just a teaser. It has hardly been above freezing since.  :(  The snow is all gone, the mud is drying out some, and the frost is trying to leave the ground. Hang in there folks, spring is on the way!  8)
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

OneWithWood

The sandhill cranes are flying north.  It can't be long now.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Ernie

Winter is coming down here.  Cold  this morning-- 63 degrees had to put on my sweater at least it is still shorts weather but then I wear shorts all year long except for weddings and funerals and stuff like that.

Have a good spring/summer hope things dry up quick, I remember all the mud when I was a kid in Canada, snow was fun but slush and mud were really unpleasant.

Got the firewood in for winter in case we get some frosty days.

Winter is a nice time of year to visit the kids in Brisbane so at least there is a getaway plan

Ernie
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Furby

Oh yeah, sring has arrived...........NOT!
Was nice and warm over the weekend with plenty of mud.
Temps fell off fast yesterday with some heavy wind moving in.
Lake effect started up over night and into this morning, resulting in a 90 car pile up on US 131. Both North and South bound lanes were closed most of the day.

Grawulf

Red winged blackbirds and buzzards have returned to Ohio - won't be too much longer now.............. 8)

Tom_Averwater

Them buzzards never leave my part of Ohio .
He who dies with the most toys wins .

Grawulf

Tom, Ya gotta quit talkin' 'bout them politicians that way.................. :D

breederman

march tenth and 0 degrees :( :(
Together we got this !

Paul_H

I'd say Spring has pretty much arrived here.It is in the high 60's and sunny but of course anything can happen in March. Last week we dug a bit more out of the pond by the mill and gravelled the road between the house and the mill.It's still spongy but once it packs up the road should be good through the Winter.
Mary and I and our Dog Hank went for a walk out back and enjoyed the weather this morning.

Looking North towards the mill

Throwing sticks in the pond

Shakin it off

Heading home.

The road needs another week before I can pack it in properly.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Roxie

What outstanding pictures!!  Mary and Hank look like the very best of friends!   :D
Say when

Paul_H

Roxie,
Yeah,he watches the kids closley and will get between them and a stranger or strange animal.Last Fall,Mary sneaked out on the back porch when we were busy and Hank started to bark in a odd kind of way that made me go have a look.He was sitting in front of her with a nervous look and wasn't letting her down the stairs.
He's a mutt with some Border Collie in him.

Norm

Thanks for showing us Paul. :)

Mary is sure a cutie, you're a lucky man. :)

Paul_H

Thanks Norm.

She is the youngest of Five and I find that I'm alot more patient now than I was 16 years ago when my oldest was that age. Was always in a hurry and would just as soon pack them on my back or load them in a little wagon so things would go quicker.

The trip out to the mill is around 1000 feet from the house and today it took us 15-20 minutes each way  :D

I like the fact that 2 year olds don't wear watches and don't give a hoot about time.Everything is new.

Corley5

Cool pics Paul.  Zach and his dog Samantha are sleeping snuggled up on the couch together right now.  Kids need dogs ;) ;D 8)

Furby

Saw the first robin of the year on Sat! 8) 8) 8)
Might hit 62 this coming Tue. or Wed.  8) 8) 8)

UNCLEBUCK

My fiance lives west of detroit,mi. and she saw her first robin of the year on friday,saw mine on same day here in west central,mn. , 42 inches of ice on lakes here and cars still driving out on it, neighbor getting limits of crappies 16 feet of water 3 foot off the bottom. I spent the day stretched out in a big chair reading forestry forum threads due to back muscles spasm and when I can walk in the morning I going out to the mill and have a looksy, I got the sawing bug but still another week for snow to melt so I can get around the mill area.
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Norm

We had a small flock of bluebirds come through a few days ago, looked out on the back patio and there was one sitting on a chair. We get the best variety of ducks migrating through and spending a day or so on the pond now that it's almost full. I need to get me a book just on ducks as there's so many different ones I've never seen before. Our pond attracts so many different animals it's amazing, best investment I ever made.

EZ

I agree with ya Norm.
Went down to my pond yesterday and seen the beavers, went up to the house and told the wife that I seen them. Went back down and there was soom ducks, all different kinds. Went up to the house and told the wife that theres ducks on the pond, she said what kind. ::) Went back down and there was 2 geese and a crane and the neighbors cat. :D
EZ

breederman

Tempmeter says 46 degrees so I thought that it would be a good time,between church and dinner,to move some of next years fire wood into the shed. problem is that most of it is still frozen together. :(
   COME ON SPRING ! :)
Together we got this !

DanG

Ain't all that bad around here, 'cept for the thunderstorms and WAAAAAY too much rain.

Got these shots yesterday:

I fight tooth and nail against this invasive Wisteria, but it shore is purty in the spring. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

That stuff makes pretty flowers.  But, it grows prfusidly.....profusidly....pre..   Takes over everything. :D   It'll get into your drain field and plug it up and use the nutrients to grow vines to cover the pine trees, the shrubbery, the house and slow moving dogs.   You can cut it down and it makes it worse.  You can mow all the sprouts that come all over the yard find that it found its way under the road and is coming up in the cow pasture on the other side.  'Bout the only thing I can think of that is as aggressive as Wisteria is Kudzu.  It has pretty flowers too. :D

DanG

It's sneaky, too.  It will launch a vine, straight as an arrow, just under the grass to your favorite Huckleberry bush, 50 or 75 feet away.  I can't figger out how it know's where to send the vine, unless it has eyes. ??? :P

I'm letting it have it's way with the old smokehouse in the bottom pic, since it is beyond saving, anyway.  I'll have to do something about the top pic on the side of the old cabin, or it will tear the structure apart.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

D._Frederick

Tom,

Will ROUND-UP and CROSSBOW control this weed?

crtreedude

Does it count down here that spring has arrived that the colts and fillies are showing up? We try to time them for the dry season so they don't have to live in a barn for the first few weeks.

Gitana, one of our mares just had a filly - the person in the picture is my business partner Hector and also a excellent horseman. You know someone is a good horseman when you are in an area where everyone uses horses and they bring them to him for training.

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Coon

It is definately the very first part of the spring here.  Yesterday it was melting out and you could just wear a light jacket,  but today is another story- freezing rain, sleet, snow,  everything is just a sheet of glare ice.

The Canada Geese have been back for just over a week now, same with the crows, and as for the rest that is all I have seen so far.   Hope it won't be too long now for the rest of em.   

Still have almost two feeet of snow on the ground here yet and probably 3 feet of ice on the lakes, (fishing season is still open till the end of the month)

Would be nice to be able to saw logs again without having to trudge through all the snow.

Must be the start of spring the wife has some of her bedding plants started already for the garden.  She's got them in the house cuz it's still too cold out for them to be in the greenhouse.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Timber_Framer

We went for a little hike up the river yesterday to try and work off a few pounds of Easter Brunch. As you can see Spring is a week or two away.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Furby

I really feel sorry for those of you that have to wait a few more weeks. :-\
Cabin fever was KILLING me!
Actually worked up a sweat outside today without a jacket on. ;D

Paschale

Well, spring is definitely here in Grand Rapids!   8)  I knew spring was here the other day when I was in my shop.  I was busy sawing away on my band saw, and I saw a black streak right past my legs and under the saw, past the dust collector.  I couldn't imagine what animal was crazy enough to actually race past those two noisy things, plus me.  When I finished my cut, I shut everything down and looked around, trying to figure out what crazed little animal had braved the saw, dust collector and me, and wondered what could have possessed it to act so brazenly.  I heard a ruckus on the side of the garage, and suddenly, there I was, watching the Discovery Channel, live, in my own garage, of two chipmunks having the time of their lives.   :D  I think there's gonna be some little munchkin chipmunks popping out in a couple of months.  I now know why Alvin had absolutely no fear of my equipment or me.   :D I'd a done the same thing if'n I was a chipmunk. 

Ah, spring...it's all about the birds and the bees...   :D

tnlogger

Paschale good thing you didn't get it on tape be to racey for here. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
gene

Corley5

Saw my first Robins of the season today 8) 8) 8) 8)  There were five of them actually.  Got to 59 here today the warmest it's been since the new year but we've still got plenty of snow.  Fields are just beginning to open up.  Supposed to be even warmer tomorrow and maybe rain tomorrow evening.  That should take of the snow 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

WH_Conley

Spring finally made it to Camp Dix, the proof is in. The wife says everything is shedding.

The Winter coat;

After shedding;

The grand kids cleaning the birdbath;

The neighbors say this is a much more reliable sign of spring than that groundhog is of winter.

I hope I finally got this picture thing right.
Bill

Paschale

Saw my first flower a couple of days ago, a lone crocus.  We had two nice days, around 70, but today's dismal and gloomy.  I know I'm in desperate need of Spring, because last night I dreamed about everything being in bloom.  I know I've NEVER had that dream before...Spring better be here in full force soon, or else I'm gonna go stir crazy!   :-\

Furby

Yep, spring is really here!
I have my door open and I'm listening to the first running of cars on the track this year!
Sure does sound like a race, but I didn't know they were having one.
Better go check it out I guess. ;)

Bibbyman

The girls were helping us out at the mill this morning.  Pretty crips but the sun was shinin'.  I missed Alex so I asked sister Brooke where she was. She said she went to the house to get a book.  A little time passed and no Alex.  We don't allow a kid to set in the house - even to read a book - on such a nice spring day so I went to get her. 

Found her under a walnut tree just over the fence,  setting on a rock,  reading to the heffers.  They were pretty interested.

Sawing since '94

Roxie

What a great picture!!   :D
Say when

crtreedude

With the look on those calfs faces, I think she is reading a how to guide on butchering....  :D
So, how did I end up here anyway?

jjmk98k

Bibbyman,
thats a great picture and I'd have to agree with whats crtreedude says!  :o
Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

pigman

Those heifers sure look like good students. 8) Maybe Alex was was just an excellent teacher and made the lesson verry interesting. smiley_reading_book   
My  wife says human students are usually not that attentive. :(

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Patty

That is a great photo Bibby. She is a real sweety.  ;)
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

DanG

Looks like the final briefing for the GREAT ESCAPE! :D :D

Good shot, Bib! :) :)

Norm

Well spring is officially here, we got our potatoes and peas planted yesterday. 8)

Didn't get them done last weekend on good Friday but the ground was still too wet to till it. Yesterday it was just right for the tiller. Boy did I ever work up a sweat running it all day. ;D

Quartlow

I got into two  fields friday to disc, we don't plow unless its sod ground. today theres white fertilizer on the ground  :D

Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Linda

Today we had a little party for my Grandmother's 99th birthday ;D
It was such a nice day (75 degrees and sunny) we headed to the garden afterwards. :)

I took a chair and told Grandma she could sit and visit with me while I weeded.  Grandma sat down for a couple of minutes until she spied my extra digger.  I saw her smile as she proceeded to get up and grab the digger.  I told her that birthday girls shouldn't be working.  She just smiled even bigger and ignored my demand. ::)

Here is Granny going after a poor little dandelion.

Good thing there weren't too many weeds yet, Granny would have worn me out! ;D

Hey Norm,  nice garden tractor :D   Do you scoop up some
"soil amendments" from the horse lot, then till it in? :D

We give a neighbor planer shavings, for his horses, in exchange for tilling my garden. He only has a JD318 with a rear tiller. It does a fine job for FREE ;)

Bibby,  Maybe Alex was getting the heffers ready for a "cow tippin" exercise. ??? :-\
Wood-Mizer 2012 LT50HDE25

Roxie

How blessed you are to have your Grandma working in the garden with you!  Thank you for sharing those pictures!   :)
Say when

Norm

Those are great pictures Linda, 99 and still going strong. :)

We use the chicken house litter for compost. Becky's hay has lots of weed seeds in it and even after composting plenty of em survive. Eggs, Sunday dinner and the richest fertilizer....those girls are the best animal on the farm. :D

Murf

Cute picture indeed.  :)

My vote is she's readin' them little heffers "The Cow Jumped Over the Moon".  :D

If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Thank You Sponsors!