iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

COMPETITION for milling statistics

Started by Wife, March 03, 2005, 04:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wife

Hi again guys. This is a followup post to my original one requesting milling statistics that I've been on the prowl for. The first thread gave me lots of good stuff, but I still need more...and Jeff has had a quiet word in my ear...

SO. I have just offered a little competition to my Peterson owners in our latest newsletter, and I am pleased to extend the COMPETITION for a set of LOG HANDLING TOOLS, to all you fine F/Forum members. If you don't remember the first thread, here it is again...

Our government sometimes pays for growing companies to have an "assessment" with a bigwig marketing guru. Well, he couldn't believe we had such an incredible product, but that we short-sold ourselves so badly...us being the shy kind down here in New Zealand.

So I desperately need all you fine folks' help. My first task is to do some proper homework. I'd love to hear from anyone and everyone who has a (Woodmizer LT40, Lucas 827, Peterson WPF 8", and the most common models of Mobile D and D&L Doublecut mills), and has done some SERIOUS sawing). I am looking for some REAL maintenance and running costs on a business scale, per hour/day/boardfoot etc - whatever you can give me. And don't forget those little things you might even have to be replaced every 2 years...I actually need to work out a lifecycle costing / time-to-replacement on most major components of each mill. I've been told I've got to do this THOROUGHLY!!   

I will use this data to educate ourselves on each mill's best capabilities and situations, and as backup material if we are ever questioned on our facts and figures.

To make it a little interesting we are going to make this into a competition. We have a log handling package worth $500 up for grabs, which includes 1 x Timberjack, 1 x Canthook and 1 x Pair Logdogs. So whoever can provide us with the most in-depth analysis and the most valuable information will receive this fantastic kit as a thankyou. Competition closes on the 31st of March, so start collecting those numbers!

Thanks guys for bearing with me. Feel free to post on this thread if you want to share, or if you want to email me direct with any information I would really appreciate it.   kbrowne@petersonsawmills.com

Kerris, in the background....
Petersons Global Sales Ltd
15c Hyland Cres
Rotorua, New Zealand
www.petersonsawmills.com
kbrowne@petersonsawmills.com
Ph +64 7 3480863

Brad_S.

Wife/Jeff,

Might you get a better response in the security of the Full Members only business section?
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Jeff

If someone feels more comfortable providing their information there, that is certainly O.K.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ARKANSAWYER

I added to my post on the other thread to your questions.  Looks like somefolks missed the COMPETITION word in this thread.  I always like goodies.
  What some of the weekend warriors may be missing is how important their imput is to this deal.   I realize that many will not saw 300 mbdft a year(the little "m" is thousand in Roman number system like "k" is in metric) but can some one spend X number coin on a mill and saw enough to pay for the pleasure in 2 to 4 days a month?   I know on some deals you can make good coin as long as you do not have to depend on it for a living.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Wife

Thanks Arky, you are sooo rite. My little bro' bought his own mill on his staff account and pays it off with his one-day-job-once-a-month here and there! Actually his last job spilled over into Monday morning work time...oops, but he did have a sh__load to do! (I think he posted pix a while back)..

So yep, Weekend Warriors stats welcome too!! 8)
Kerris, in the background....
Petersons Global Sales Ltd
15c Hyland Cres
Rotorua, New Zealand
www.petersonsawmills.com
kbrowne@petersonsawmills.com
Ph +64 7 3480863

Thank You Sponsors!