iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Yoo-Hoo

Started by Bibbyman, March 02, 2005, 09:27:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibbyman

Just every once in a while well be stopped at some gas station/convenience store and I'll be looking over the selection of soft drinks and spot a few bottles of Yoo-Hoo chocolate soft drink and I got to have one.  I got to admit,  I love the stuff.

But I can't find it just any ol'where.   I don't think there is a place in Fulton that carries it.  When I find it,  it's usually in an old general store or quick stop place in a very small town.   

Is it a regional drink?  More in the south than the north?

smiley_alcoholic_01
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Weekend_Sawyer

We used to get it as kids here in Maryland all the time. I havn't noticed it latley.

This time of year I like my hot Coco. I keep a pot of hot water on the woodstove so I can have it anytime.
Swiss Miss is my favorite, without the marshmellows.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

jjmk98k

Nope,

us "yankees" can buy it in the grocery store in bottles 6 packs and little drink boxes.... pretty much everywhere!.... even out in the sticks where my little camp is, they carry it there.

Yes, I love it as well....

washes down a chocolate moon pie just fine.....

Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

tnlogger

pat and I set up at the hwy 128 yard sale every yr along with the veggies we selll cold drinks water and Yoo-HOO'S them pink and chocolite drinks out sell cold drinks 2to1
they are as addictive as the FF  :D but not like the FF you can get by with out the YOO-HOO'S
gene

jjmk98k

LOL, I wonder if yoo-hoo goes well with GRITS  :D
Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

Weekend_Sawyer

OF Course it does ::)
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Roxie

Yep, here in PA the Yoo Hoo is in every grocery store and convenience store, right along with the sodas.   :)
Say when

sandmar

Down here in Jawja dem Yoo Hoos is a tradition  shared amongst the generations.......along with Moon Pies...unfortunately the RC cola is a thing of the past,along with dem 6 ounce ice cold Coca-Colas in glass bottles with the place of distribution on the bottom........won lots of nickels betting on who had the bottle from furthest away  ;) I think I may be telling my age  ;D

Sandmar

Ga_Boy

Down in Southern Maryland Yoo Hoo's are in just about every store.

The wife and daughter love those things.  If I am in trouble with the wife, I make sure I bring home a few bottles.  Works every time. 8) 8) 8)

Mark
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

Well...  :D I'll be dog gone. I think I did see that at the grocery stores over in Maine. I guess I never buy that kind of stuff cause it's a bit pricy, when I can buy 2 litres of real juice for 2 or 3 bucks. ;)

Thanks for the link  :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

A-Yup you can buy it here.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bibbyman

Guess I'm going to have to check the local laws.  Aparently I live in a Yoo-Hoo dry county! ::)
Sawing since '94

tnlogger

bibby go to wallyworld shorly they have it  :D if not then you is in a dry county fer sure.
gene

Bibbyman

Maybe that's it.   I don't go to WallyWorld very often.  In fact,  I avoid going there.

But I'd bet even the local WallyWorld's pop is supplied by some local distributor so if they don't carry it,  then my WallyWorld may not have it either.  I'll have to ask Mary to check.  She don't like the place either but it's the only place in town to find some things. :(

You know,  if I had a supply at home,  then it probably wouldn't be the same as that unexpected treat when I find it on the road.
Sawing since '94

SwampDonkey

I'm gonna check today at our local Atlantic Super Store grocery.

SwampDonkey

Well, no luck there. It must be a milk product. In that case only home grown milk products are sold within the province. I did see 4 flavors of something labeled by one of the dairies. (chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, banana, coffee) $1.19 a bottle (500 ml). Will that do? ;)

Milk to Go

;D ;D ;D

Engineer

I can get YooHoo in a few convenience stores around here (Vermont),but it's hit-n-miss.  It depends on the distributor. 

I hate the stuff anyway.  Tastes to me like watery choclate milk.  :(

Now, RC cola, that's another thing.  My favorite, and the local supermarket carries it in 2L bottles.

As for hot chocolate - my wife makes some kind of dry mix that has Carnation milk, Nestle Quik, Hershey cocoa, sugar and maybe one or two other ingeredients, makes it up in a 5 gallon storage bin and it lasts maybe three months - me 'n three kids at it 'n it don't last long.  Equal parts mix and hot water, and a splash of milk - mmmm good.  Better than that Swiss whatever crap.

Furby

That hot chocolate mix is GOOD!

genedieter

I have a buddy who works for a local soda distribution company, Davis Beverage here in PA. They sell basically all of the off-brands. When I started building my house during the Spring of '03, he brought a couple of cases of the stuff over for the guys while we were preparing the lot. Well let me tell you guys.....I think they put something explosive in those cans  ;) for the ones that I left in the truck all exploded!

Bibby....let me know if you want any. My buddy still works there........I think they were around $5 a case. I'm not sure how they would hold up on the shipping though.....might have to send it in a refer.  ;D

GD

Buzz-sawyer

RC COLA
I have fond boyhood memories of traveling down near cedar hill MO. and spending time cutting "poles" for old auntie that lived up in the hills: for her wood stove( and only source of heat.)
her Pa or Grandads pic was on the wall in the side rooom were I slept on a feather matress, and it was a civil war era picture. He kinda scared me!!!
Waking up to fat back, fried eggs and coffee , then off to the squirrel hunting...later that day we would get our chainsasw sharpened for a dollar by the old man that lived down by the creek. You could also buy a RC cola there, in 16 oz bottles for 15 cents.
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

SwampDonkey

Even 'the meat head' knew his RC from Coke and Pepsi. ;D

Bibbyman

Got my Yoo-Hoo fix for now.  Mary and I took a Sunday drive down to Salem, MO. this morning.  Stopped in at the Cassy's store in Steelville. They didn't have none.

We took another route back (You can't just go to Salem,  you got to got to 40-11 other places first.) and stopped in at Vienna, MO. to have some dinner (lunch for y-all north of the Mason-Dixon line.) and they had Yoo-Hoo.  So I took one to go.  Had it on my way home. ;D
Sawing since '94

Thank You Sponsors!