iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna combi can....

Started by jjmk98k, February 26, 2005, 10:31:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjmk98k

anyone know of where a guy in the states can purchase the Husqvarna Combi can ( gas mix and bar oil) ? I see they are availabe pretty much all around the world, but here.  Call me a freak, but I am one of those guys who when he buys accessories, have to be brand specific...

like using AC delco parts on a ford, just isnt right!

Anyone in Canada willing to help me out?

Thanks, Jim
Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

KiwiCharlie

Its strange you should have trouble finding such a thing up there!  A couple of years back, I sent 2 of these cans from here up to a guy in the US, as he couldnt get them locally!!  :o  Cost him a small fortune in the end with postage and all.  Surely a quick trip over the Canadian border would be fruitful?!  Or mail order for that matter?  Baileys?
Cheers
Charlie.
Walk tall and carry a big Stihl.

kenskip1

like using AC delco parts on a ford, just isnt right

How about A Chevrolet raccing engine using Motorcraft Spark Plugs.Many do here in NY.
Stihl The One
Stihl Going Strong
Stihl Looking For The Fountain of Middle Age

jjmk98k

kenskip!

Id' NEVER run motorcrap plugs in my GM cars or trucks  :o
but this isnt a ford v.s chevy post...gosh, i am sure that could cause a stir around here!!! 8)

Baileys has a different kind of combi can, I like the features of the Husq can.

Not too sure what canadian mail order places carry Husq stuff.

Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

Lobo

Jonsered has the exact same combi can and so does Echo power products I believe. 

To the best of my knowledge none of them have a brand name on them.   8)

jjmk98k

well, that is another avenue I guess. Having "Husqvarna" stamped on it is not really important, I just like the cans features.
Jim

jjmk98k

Jim

leweee

just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

jjmk98k

That one looks like the one I'll end up ordering.... even though I liked the Husq can since it held 2.5 gallons of fuel , perfect size for the mix oil bottle.

Thanks for your help everyone!
Jim

iain

I got one at the APF show but dont use the oil side, as it pours out when you get below half way through the fuel side >:( unless im doing some thing stoopid

iain

jjmk98k

iain, That sounds trange, maybe the cap is not tightened all the way or cross threaded?  Maybe the sealing gasket for the cap is missing?
Jim

redpowerd

seems them cans would be a bit off balance while pouring. i didnt like the idear of holding five pounds of gas in the air while trying to poop a bit of bar oil out the other hole.

i usually just fill up a few gatorade bottles with bar oil and keep them in the truck or on the head of the tractor.
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

jjmk98k

"holding five pounds of gas in the air while trying to poop out a bit of bar oil out the other hole"

redpowered.... you have a colorful way of making things make sense...  That's not a bad thing...
Jim

iain

No spout is on ok, its just that getting to the end of the fuel, the oil will come out the oil spout as you tip the can up, i use a 5ltr oil can with cranked spout, cant fault the fuel can

iain

Varmintmist

How about a do it yourself job???

One of these, plus

one of these, plus

One of them and you are all set. Who said Mericun ingee-new-ty is gone  ;D ;D

slowzuki

They sell them all over here in Canada but only homeowners use them.  Most sawyers have a pair of bleach bottles with the handles tied together, one oil, one gas.  They throw them over the shoulder and go.

I have a small 1 gal tank tied to a Liquid Tide jug for oil.  I tried the tide jug for fuel but the cap gets too stiff.

Ken

jimc

Another neat bar oil container is those family size Ketchup containers. The cap seals well and the small opening makes for easier oil fills. only downside is I've never seen one bigger than a quart.

Dakota

Jim,
I got my combi can from Bailey's.  I don't like it.  It's your's for the cost of sending it to you.
Dave
Dave Rinker

slowzuki

I started looking around and just this year they are bringing all those US Carb approved cans in here.  There is old stock around but not a lot.

redpowerd

"Jim,
I got my combi can from Bailey's.  I don't like it.  It's your's for the cost of sending it to you.
Dave "

i was wondering how long it would take for them cans to be passed around the forum:D
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

jjmk98k

slowzuki,  If you find any stock of those, let me know.... Ill take one for sure.. my brother is looking for one as well.

I hate the CARB cans, they sell them here in PA as well and they are so much $$$$$$ Only place I could buy a NON CARB can is here at the Base Exchange, $2.99 for a 1 gal can with the vented spout.

Dakota_swinger, why don't you like it?

seems like a lot of folks prefer single cans over the combi cans.... I appreciate the offer, I just might take you up on that, i guess shipping a empty can to PA, should not be more than $6 bucks or so......

Jim

jjmk98k

Are these can really that bad ?

maybe I'll just stick to a single can operation and the gallon jug with pump installed like I currently have.

Jim

Dakota

Jim,

I didn't like the bar oil part of the can because to pour the oil, you needed to rig the spout,  which is stored inside the cap.  This takes longer, involves more loose parts to drop/lose, plus the spout is covered with bar oil, which ends up all over everything.  The whole process of refueling takes about twice as long.

Dave
Dave Rinker

jjmk98k

UGH! That sounds like a mess, no wonder there has not been too much good said about them.

I sure do appreciate the offer but I think I am just going to give up all together and stick with my 1 gallon bottle with the pump and hose.

Thanks all for your inputs!

Jim

Lewis Brander

What I use is an old Tide, one gallon, bottle for chain oil and a 2 gallon plastic gas can I got from Wally World with a spill proof type nozzle. Works just great for me. Lewis.
My hobby is restoring old saw. Just because it's old, doesn't mean she can't run and look good again. Take care. Lewis Brander.

Thank You Sponsors!