iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Moving Gallery photos from the archived section to your personal galleries

Started by Jeff, February 25, 2005, 11:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I am going to allow this under some strict rules for those of you that want to do it.

1. You need to make a list of ALL the intended photos you wish to move. I need EXACT file names of the photos you are moving to your gallery.

2. They MUST be your own photos.

3. I will only do this once per member, so make sure that the list is complete.

4. You do the actual copy to your gallery using your upload manager. Use the bottom blanks that let you list the url of the photo. Get the address of the picture from the archived gallery, then paste it in your upload manager to transfer a copy of the file.

5. Once you have moved all of your files, you MUST promptly, send me the complete list of file names in an email so I can go into the archives and delete the original photo so we do not have redundant files sucking up server space. If you are going to do this, you need to do it as a "get 'er done" project, don't string it over days. Once started, you need to complete it. Dont send me a list until you are done. I will delete the photos when I get the list, and we got problems if you list a photo you DID NOT MOVE.

6. Be responsible for checking your old posts to make sure there was not a problem with the move so we can fix it.

I know this sounds like a lot of work on your parts to do this, but just remember, I will have an equal task  to do the exact thing for each member doing this in order to delete the moved photos.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

Jeff, Will this affect the threads that the photo was originally posted into ??? I mean, the reference to the photo will change. I seen it already happen with one of Bibby's photos when the gallery directory was changed.  Maybe this is why you want the list. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

The archive photos are copies of the actual archive. I could not move the orignal photos anywhere without disruptng the file path to the threads. Moving photos from the archived gallery is only moving the copies and will only screw something up if the copy was recently used to post in a thread.  Such as the one bibbyman linked to in the first archive that I did away with to create the new archive in the new gallery software.

iain

You what jeff?
save the work and leave mine there cause....
if everybody else moves theirs, mine will be the last ones and easy to  find :D

Bibbyman

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Jeff

Jeff

Bibbyman

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

sigidi

You won't be gettin a list from me Jeff, it sounds like way to much work for ya.

For example we are now at 2331 members, let's say (cautiously) that 80% of us came from the 'old' site and therefore want to move our photo's into our 'personal' galleries now... that is 1864.8 lists you'll be gettin to go back into archives and delete who knows how many photo's per person.

Man that is just too much work for me to add on your plate, so now you only have about 1863.8 lists coming in the near future. ;)
Always willing to help - Allan

redpowerd

NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Jeff

I am withdrawing the offer to do this. I got the first one today and it is a nightmare.  photoes copied multiple times, recieved not the file name but the code that posts the photo (the code is altered for photos that have spaces in the file name)

Nope, aint goona do this. Its way to much. The photos in the Archive are fine where they stand.

Thank You Sponsors!