iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LogRite/Wood-Mizer #1

Started by Bibbyman, February 25, 2005, 08:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibbyman

We got the first one!  Or at least I'm claiming we got the first one until someone tells me otherwise.

Our new LogRite 60" cant hook came this afternoon.  Wood-Mizer just got them in sometime in the middle of the week. 

The color is a little different than the Pro-Mary Special – a darker "Redishyellow" instead of the "Yelloweshred".  And the hook part in a gold color instead of chrome. 

I compared it to the paint on our Wood-MIzer but was not sure if it matched or not – seeing as our mill has three years of grime on it. (I hope Mary doesn't insist we get a new mill now to match the cant hook!)

Oh.. Man!  But the problem is ....  This one didn't last either!  >:(

Mary told the guy we got this one for that he could go ahead and take our old (the second one we got) LogRite 60" as this one would be coming in any day.  He did.  But the next time he came back he says  ....  "Order me another one... I showed this one to a friend in Pennsylvania and he wanted it ... so..."  EikS!   I had to get with Wood-Mizer this morning and order yet another one!  I hope Wood-Mizer stocked enough of them.. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

DR Buck

Does that mean you nolonger have the 1st one?   :D   I  would have thought you'd nail it to the wall as a decoration.  ;D
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Jeff

I am so proud of Kevin and Tammy and Pete and LogRite I can't stand it. :D  I am very proud that they are a sponsor of the Forestry Forum and think its fantastic that Wood-Mizer is selling their product.

I still like the blue though, no losing them. Also, WOOD-MIZER!!!  When will we be seeing redishyellow Hook-a-roons? The Hook-a-roons, in my book, are the best all around tool you can have around the house, and I bet they would be even better around a mill.    ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bibbyman

Dr. Buck.

Well,   I've got it for now... 

If the other one comes in before the guy gets back,  I'll just let him have the one in the box.

Jeff.

Me too.  Not much I like better than quality tools from top-notch compaines.

As far as hook-r-roons,  Wood-Mizer is not handling them.  Only the 60", 48" and 30" Sawmill Special.   But maybe.... after they see how these fly out the doors. 

I'm sure Kevin, Tammy or Pete would be willing to talk to WM.  Don't you think??
Sawing since '94

Pete J

If you folks only knew how much your support means to us. The Wood-Mizer relationship is great for all of us. Wood-Mizer has a great reputation and we are trying to walk in their footsteps and develop a great reputation ourselves. It really does come down to the sawyers. They know good tools help them get their work done. We just like being a part of that.

J_T

Anyone that reads this Forum would have to agree that LogRite goes more than the extra mile.  Read about the Arkie 2000 8) 8) Got to get some tools some time and they will be LogRite for sure 8) We have a bunch of great sponsers .  Did you know Menominee Saw has saw bits and alot of other goodies  ???
Jim Holloway

Jeff

Been worried about Menominee as I have not heard from them in a couple months.  Thanks to all you guys that use Menominee Saw, I know there are a bunch of you. If ya can, be sure to mention the forum when you order or just call em up to say hey eh? ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

J_T

You bet I did  8)  Nice to talk to got me a catalog comming 8)
Jim Holloway

tnlogger

I just got the new info kit for wood mizer and low and behold on the last page of options
now-avalible LogRite canthooks call for prices[/color]
now talk about exposure there no telling how many info pacs get sent out a day.
gene

Bibbyman

I didn't get to hold on to my WM/LogRite #1.  >:( 

The guy picked it up before the next replacement came.

Here is a copy of a post in "What's new at WM for 2005" with part # and prices. 

Quote from: Bibbyman on February 03, 2005, 10:49:59 AM
I've got serial #1 of the Wood-Mizer version of the 60 " LogRite Cant hook on order from Wood-Mizer.    ;)

60" LogRite cant hook demoed by JB of Wood-Mizer

30" Pro-Sawyer Mary Special being demoed by Dave Mann of Wood-Mizer
They expect to ship in about two weeks.

FYI  here are the part numbers and prices.

CH030---30" $85.95  (a.ka. Pro-Sawyer Mary special)
CH048---48" $89.95
CH060---60" $99.95 

They will be Yelloweshred with alluminum handles.

No word if they're going to stock the Arky Special.
Sawing since '94

Bibbyman

Got yet another WM/LogRite hook on order yesterday.  If we keep this up we may make Saleman of the Year!

At least we're not having to give up one of the ones we have until the next one comes in.  They were willing to wait for a new one.  I guess we've got the three we have scratched up enough... ::)
Sawing since '94

crtreedude

Grumble, Grumble.

I want one but it will cost me more in shipping that the tool! I know, I will have someone bring it down as a fishing pole - the only problem is that customs may consider it too light for some of the fish down here.... ;-)

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Bibbyman

Quote from: crtreedude on July 02, 2005, 06:30:57 AM
Grumble, Grumble.

I want one but it will cost me more in shipping that the tool! I know, I will have someone bring it down as a fishing pole - the only problem is that customs may consider it too light for some of the fish down here.... ;-)

Maybe you should talk to LogRite about a franchise.  Then you could get them by the boat load and the shipping/unit would be a lot less...
Sawing since '94

crtreedude

;D Yep, we are talking.... I figure a combination cant hook and ultra-light fishing pole would be a hot ticket down here....  ;)

Probably 100 at a time won't be a problem - but I need to bring down some samples first. One advantage is that I can ship things in for reforestation with no duties - but I have to check about resell.

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Frank_Pender

Put one in with an order of lumber and  simply up the price a bit. 8)  I gave one away sometime back with a large sale of lumber wrap and a huge English Walnut log. 8)
Frank Pender

Bibbyman

They do make great gifts to anyone that handles logs.  That's where all these are going. We're getting them for our log broker who is giving them to some of his friends and customers.
Sawing since '94

Part_Timer

I have to agree about the logrite quality. 
     I bought a hookaroon first just to try thier stuff.  I liked it so much I have the hookaroon,60" canthook, 24" canthook and a log carrier.  I'm not sure which is my favorite.  I'd have to say the it's probably the log carrier.  I move so many short logs that are in the 14" range it makes dragging them off of the trailer a breeze.

If someone makes better stuff I've not seen it.

Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Ed_K

I'll bet you could sell a bunch of LogRite Hookeroon's for gaf's  8).
Ed K

Bibbyman

Hookeroons must be a regional thing.  I've not seen them used down here.  Don't know what they'd be used for besides pullin' cat fish into the boat off'n a trot line.  smiley_headscratch
Sawing since '94

Tom

Hookaroon's are a neat tool, Gary.  They wil pull a slab or stuck board off of the top of a cant and you can pick boards and stuff up from around the mill without bending over. ;D  You oughta invent one one day. :)

isawlogs

They are also great to pull things outa the truck box .. no need to get inside .. just reach in with the extra arm ..  ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Bibbyman

Quote from: Tom on July 02, 2005, 09:05:15 PM
Hookaroon's are a neat tool, Gary.  They wil pull a slab or stuck board off of the top of a cant and you can pick boards and stuff up from around the mill without bending over. ;D  You oughta invent one one day. :)

I guess we don't saw logs with rosin in them like you do down there.  If I got something on the ground,  I call one of the girls over to pick it up for me..  I tell them,  "You're closer to it than I am."  ;D
Sawing since '94

UNCLEBUCK

Anyone tell me when you say like 48" or 60" cant hook do they all have the same jaw opening size or is it the same ? I need jaws for turning say a 28 inch log with one flat side sawed as its laying on the carriage . I can never quite make it and to have the jaws pop loose when the log is turned half way really is exhausting . Thanks
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

EZ

UncleBuck,
I have the 48 inch LogRite and it works very good on small logs and works the same on 35 inchers. I really think I up my production since I bought the cant hook.
EZ

UNCLEBUCK

Thanks EZ , I think I am going to get a good one , my fleet farm peavies and cant hooks are really starting to be a pain . Not so much the length thing but the jaws dont open wide enough and deep enough . Could make one but sometimes its nice to wait for the u.p.s. man !
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Thank You Sponsors!