iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Barely Used Peterson WPF

Started by Back40x2, February 22, 2005, 07:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Back40x2

Hello everyone!!!  I have a question for the swingers.  I currently have a Timberking 1600, and Love it ;) ;)  I know have a chance to have the best of both worlds with a used Peterson WPF w/only 65hrs.  This thing is like New :o :o :o  It has all the xtras.  slabber attachment for the head (Never used)  entented track up2 45ft.  High/low frame,  upgraded air breather, log dogs, sharpener, everything.  It has it all without being automated!  He just bought it last summer(Aug 04).  He only cut about 5,000 ft with it.  Oh did I mention 2 extra 8" blades.  Yeah that too! 

Anyway, he wants $18,000 for it :o :o :o   Is this a good deal or not.  I would really like to have one for my personal use,  and have used his a couple of times and really enjoy it.  It's definitely different then my 1600. 

For what I am sawing most of the time, this would be perfect!

Any suggestions or advise would be greatly appreciated!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

Thanks ;)
My JD 4120 Loader/Hoe/fransgard winch, a 10,000 pound Warn winch, STIHL 460,  Timberking 1600,  Lots of logs, a shotgun, rifle, my German Shorthaired Pointers and a 4-wheel drive, is all this Maine boy needs to survive!! Oh Yeah, and my WIFE!!!!!!

Ianab

I'd email Peterson, see link at the right, and ask what a new one is going to cost ya.
If you explain the situation I'm sure they will help you out.
Sounds like it's in good condition, so if you are getting a decent saving off new price, it's probably a good deal. If he wants close to new price, well at least you know what value to start haggling at  ;)

Cheers

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Captain

Bad move, Pete.  The guys are going to be clamoring all over you for information on that WPF.  Better close that deal. 

By the way, I know the owner ;)  You forgot to mention it has the electric winch upgrade and it is a 27hp Kohler :)

At current prices, I figure the mill and its accessories at about $4400 over the asking price.
Get him to throw in that aluminum ATV trailer he has too!!

Email if you have any questions

Captain

Ianab

:D
Or ask Captain...  he'll know whats it's worth.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Back40x2

Captain, 

Thanks for the info ;)  He wants to keep the trailer!!  I have one anyways.  I also called Peterson and spoke w/Craig I believe ???  I had a hard time with accent!!!  Nice guy and very informative.  You are right obviously, about 4500 more to buy new.  I guess I will close this deal ;) 8) ;) 8)

I can't wait to start sawing a different way.  However, I don't believe i'll give up the TK1600 thou!!!  She's been very very GOOD to me thus far!!! ;)

Thanks again 
My JD 4120 Loader/Hoe/fransgard winch, a 10,000 pound Warn winch, STIHL 460,  Timberking 1600,  Lots of logs, a shotgun, rifle, my German Shorthaired Pointers and a 4-wheel drive, is all this Maine boy needs to survive!! Oh Yeah, and my WIFE!!!!!!

sigidi

Pete you lucky bugger, having the best of both worlds :D ;D :D

Well  post us some pics as soon as you make some swinger dust ;)
Always willing to help - Allan

Captain

Okay Pete, I expect you to lug that thing back down to MA for some proper training ;) Unless, that is, you want to wait until May and we can do it around the NE Forest Products Expo.  See the Shows, Events and Places.....section.

Captain

Back40x2

Captain,

I think I will wait ;)  Pat is going to give me some training on it.  He does real well with it.  I have a feeling he is going to get the new Automated.  Anyway, I will see you at the show, and bring some sawdust for you ;D ;D ;)

TN_man

Pete,
You are a turkey to get our hopes up and then smack them down like that . >:(
Good luck with the mill, you'd better jump on it. ;)
WM LT-20 solar-kiln Case 885 4x4 w/ front end loader  80 acre farm  little time or money

Back40x2

TN_Man,   Sorry about that ;)  Didn't mean to get up all riled up ;D ;D

I really didn't and still don't know too much about these mills.  I do like the concept and the practicality(sp)  of it for what I saw for myself. 

I get alot of the old big Sugar Maples they take down around here.  Most of them are just loaded with SPALT 8) 8)  To have a mill like this will make all the difference in the world.  I don't have a tractor yet!  Although I am buying his Kabota as well, but loading these big logs even after cutting them in half is a pain in the @#! 

Now the best of both worlds will be mine 8) 8) 8)

Thanks
Pete

Ga_Boy

Pete,

If you buy your Kubota new, get the quick attach bucket.  This will make adding forks easy and cheap.

I bought my Kubota about 4 years ago and did not get the quick attach.  I got a set of forks now and they are the best thing for handling material.

Mark
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

RacinRex

I was through your neck of the woods this past weekend. All the way up to St. Agatha for some snowmobiling. Big pulpwood industry up there. Let us know how that swinger works out for you when you get it.
81 Massey Ferguson 275 W/ loader
Stihl 046
Simplicity Bandmill
04 Dodge 2500 4x4 Quad Cab CTD
A whole shop full of wood working tools
and this is my hobby :)

submarinesailor

Ga-Boy,

Recently put a set of forks on a JD 4520.  Boy did it make a big difference!!!  The JD quick disconnect is so easy – pull 2 pins, place the bucket/forks on the ground, tilt forward and the bucket comes right off.

Sub Sailor

Ga_Boy

Sub Sailor,

What boat wer you on?

I spent two years on the Toutog out of Hawaii back in 83' to 85'.

Mark

Back40x2

GA_Boy,  hey Shipmate!!!   I was in from 89' - 97'  I was stationed out of Norfolk, VA and Virginia Beach,  I was on the USS Guam(LPH-9), then wnet to NCTAMS LANT in NOrfolk.  Then to Facfacs Vacapes in Oceana, then to NTCC OCeana, then to the USS Manogahelia (AO-6) out of Norfolk.    Went to the first Gulf War, (where we should've finished what we started)!!!  GOt call out of the gulf in feb 03' with SEAL Team 6 to go into Mogadishu Samolia to evacuated the US Embassy there.  Went to Serievo (adriatic sea) to monitor the U.N. relief flights going into Bosnia.  Call out of there and was sent to Nigeria again with SEAL Team 6 to evacuate the US embassy there, when the 5  US Nuns were killed.  This was all in my first 4 years.  We were pretty busy.  That does not include all the Liberty ports we visited.  Anyway, this ole' salt has gone on long enough!   How about you!!!

Ga_Boy

B-40

I joined in 83', two years on TauTog out of Hawaii.  Then transferd to specops.  Spent the next 5 years with EOD.  Got board with EOD, went over to the teams for a while.  Busted up my back there, had surgury in Bethesda.  After surgury, got sent back to EOD where I lasted till 94' and discharged. 

Now during the day I drive a word processer and build spreadsheets for the US Courts and Federal Protective Service.  With any luck, I'll go into the wood business full time.

Where are you located?

I am in Southern Maryland, Charles County.  Commute to DC each day. >:( >:(

Mark

submarinesailor

Ga_Boy,

Rode the Woodrow Wilson, SSBN 624, from May 1972 to May 1977 – Guam, shipyard and east coast.  After teaching in Charleston, SC for 3 years, rode the Henry L. Stimson, SSBN 655 from May 1980 to October 1993 – Kings Bay and shipyard again.  While in Newport News shipyard, on the Stimson, they gave me eleven days notice and transferred me to Kings Bay.  While in Kings Bay, I was on the Performance Monitoring Team (PMT) and we rode all the boats that stopped there.  Cna't remember who it was, but someone on the PMT was on the TauTog.  BTW, went to a couple of schools with some specops and EOD guys – THOSE GUYS ARE NUTS!!!  Give me a nice safe submarine any day.

Like you, I work Excel spreadsheets for DOD, moving natural gas around the country to the military installations.  The Defense Energy Support Center is just down the road at Ft Belvoir.  Are you over at 300 Constitution Ave?  As a contractor, I did some work their before coming into the government.

If you get down this way, let me by you lunch and we can tell sea stories.  But remember, sea stories have got to start with "This is no sh_t" or they don't count.

Sub Sailor

Ga_Boy

Sub Sailor,

For the courts, my office is accross the street from Union Station; it's the Thurogood Marshall Building.  When I go over to FPS, they are a few blocks on the other side of Union Station, at 800 North Capitol.

Sometimes I bounce over to Crystal City to vist with the US Marshalls.  The next time I am going over I'll let you know and drop down to visit and take you up on lunch.

Mark

Thank You Sponsors!