iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New sawmill

Started by Plowboy, February 19, 2005, 09:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plowboy

Well this mill is isn't new, well new it's new to me.  After a couple of days and a few long nights a got this mill up and running.  Dad got a few pine logs from a co-worker and I thought that they would make good test logs.  It may take us a little while to get the hang of things and where the controls are but I think this will work out fine.  Our LT15 is a good mill but this will make the day a little easier. 

These are some of the logs that we sawed today.  They were not big but sawed what we could out of them.

This picture was taken when we were about half way through the job.  When we got done the trailer was full and some boards were put in the pick up.

Bibbyman

Congrats!   What is it?  LT30 or LT40?   

I can see it's yelloweshred! 8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Ernie

I'm GREEN with envy, ::)  Mine still hasn't arrived, they hope to ship next WED so, if the Railway can keep in intact :D I might have it by next weekend.  We've already hacked down some sticks and are dying-- Whoops wrong word at my age-- to get started.

Ernie and son (Alf)
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

sigidi

Good on ya Plowboy, keep that camera handy when ya cuttin ;)
Always willing to help - Allan

Fla._Deadheader

Plowboy, looks like you and yer Paw done a good job. 8) 8)  Sawing is LOTS of fun, EH ???  What are ya gonna build with them boards ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Plowboy

Sorry it took so long to reply, I've been busy doing chores for a buddy, who went to Daytona for the race this past weekend. The mill is a LT30 with a 18 hp Briggs.  I think I have the engine tuned up and running good enough for now.  But I want to replace for more hp, sometime later.

I'm not to sure what we are going to use the sticks for.  It's one of those things, we got the logs and we sawed them.  It seems we run into this a lot. 

Can someone tell me what the size requirements are for the pictures.  I am still trying to get the hang of the new forum and posting pics.

pigman

Plowboy,
Suprised  no one answered your question yet.  Max 350 pixels wide. Max 20K bytes . Your width could be a little larger, but your bytes are large enough.
From someone that just learned to post pictures.
Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Thank You Sponsors!