iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started by timberjack240, February 17, 2005, 08:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberjack240

i like the big huskies i was wonderin if anybody here is runnin the new 3120 and what bar length and if ya like it

Timberjack 240

Furby

Not sure what ya mean by the "new 3120", mine is a 1997 or 98.
Are the newer ones different?

Ironwood

3120. Your more of a man than I. I have two 394 xps one with a 32" and one with a 72" bar. The big one only runs on the up down axis,not horizontal, as the chain comes off. My nieghbor (a mason) wanted to use it. I declined as he is too small in the "behind". I told him even if he strapped a 12" termite block to his butt he couldn't use it (I didn't want to see him get hurt). ;)

Reid
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Furby

Naw, that 3120 has served to show me just how small I really am! ;)
With my short bar, it's a bit of a workout, but still real fast compared to a smaller saw. Not something you need for smaller stuff though.
I just put the 72" bar on it, and it be a "tad" bit of work to keep the tip off the ground! ;) Maybe I should add a counter balance. :D :D

KiwiCharlie

Hi Furby,
You better make sure you add some type of helper handle to the end of your mill unit!
Counterbalance huh?!  Would be a great idea, if the total weight of the whole shebang didnt come to 100kg!! :D ;)
Charlie.
Walk tall and carry a big Stihl.

Furby

Helper handle there will be! ;) Need lots of help! :D :D

timberjack240

furby i didnt no went ey come out i thought they were new i dont no if they are differeent or not

reid i just like um i dont run em i wouldnt mind havina 394 or 95 but not with a 72 in bar :o. i run a 288 with a 22 in bar aht enough for me i have enough trouble watchin the dirt i dodnt htink i could handle it  ;D

and the counter balnce thing...... wow i think that would be enough weight without it i wouldnt put any thing or sumtin that wieghed that much  :D

Ironwood

I can't even imagine asking someone to hold that "HELPER HANDLE", seems to me it would be more like holding a DEATH STICK with the 13,000 rpm chain a wizzzing by. That 044 would make quite a "NECKLACE". REID
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Thank You Sponsors!